The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Just going through the current draft order and looking for a team that can afford to take a TE that high despite other needs:

Jaguars - Lawrence
Jets - Fields
Bengals - Sewell
Panthers - QB
Falcons - Badly need defense. QB possible depending on their view of Matt Ryan.
Texans - Need defense or OL
Eagles - Probably defense here
Giants - Nope, Engram on the books for 2021
49ers - Nope
Chargers - Possible if they move on from Henry
Cowboys - Need defense
Broncos - Nope
Lions - Nope
Patriots - Maybe, but they need a QB
Vikings - Nope
Washington - Good fit here, but they need a QB

Next 2: Oakland (nope), Chicago (possibly, but more pressing needs)

That's the Top 18. So, 2 possibles and a maybe.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 pm Just going through the current draft order and looking for a team that can afford to take a TE that high despite other needs:

Jaguars - Lawrence
Jets - Fields
Bengals - Sewell
Panthers - QB

49ers - Nope
Chargers - Possible
Cowboys - Need defense
Broncos - Nope
Lions - Nope
Patriots - Maybe?
Vikings - Nope

That's the Top 16. So, 2 possibles and a maybe.
Miami owns the Texans pick, and they need a primary weapon for Tua. Yes they have Gesicki at TE already, but Pitts is basically a hybrid WR and if they decide Pitts is the best receiving weapon available then he makes a lot of sense for them.

Same thing really with Philly and NYG, the Giants especially with Engram being on the final year of his deal and being very unreliable, his Pro Bowl spot this year is extremely fraudulent and a clear result of name recognition. The Dolphins and Eagles could very easily end up taking Chase and Smith leaving Pitts as the best "WR" available for the Giants.
Edit: Also with the Eagles, Zach Ertz has been upset with his contract situation but the Eagles are in a very tight spot with the cap. There's almost no way they can afford to extend him and may have to cut him. Plus they have an extension with Goedert looming soon, and may have to let him walk in a year too if they are still tight on the cap. Adding Pitts means they can move on from Ertz fairly comfortably, and makes it a bit easier to stomach losing Goedert as well if they can't afford to retain him.

Also the Jets or Bengals could end up trading back with a team trying to get a QB if the Jets stick with Darnold (Bengals have little reason to stay at 3 if Jets took Sewell at 2) and end up as possible destinations.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:44 pm

So there are 6 franchise QBs in this draft worthy of a 1st round pick. That sounds like it will be a great QB class, even outside of Lawrence...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:47 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:44 pm So there are 6 franchise QBs in this draft worthy of a 1st round pick. That sounds like it will be a great QB class, even outside of Lawrence...
Yes, but what does that have to do with Pitts?

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 pm

I seriously doubt the 6th best QB in this draft is as talented as Pitts, heck I'm not even sure the 2nd or 3rd is.
Regardless of positional needs, you can't predict how the draft will unfold. Pitts is getting drafted high. Top 15, good chance, Top 20 for sure.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Anyone who follows the draft knows that you can’t predict how it unfolds. It’s fun to pretend, but impossible to do. Landing spot is a total unknown, but projected area of selection likely isn’t. The guy warrants a top 20 pick as an offensive weapon and will very likely be drafted as such.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Absolutely a top 20 pick. Excited to land him with a mid 1st because the class is so stacked.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:50 pm

briank wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:19 pm
Yarnith wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:13 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:06 pm Not sure the Patriots take a non blocking TE

I could see Jaguars at the Rams pick though--highest I could imagine would be Chargers if they win this week and pick in the 9-10 range
I find it hard to believe the Chargers use a 1st on a TE with Henry on the roster. They are happy with him and he has had a good year.
Yeah, except he's a free agent.

DAL and PHI seem realistic to me.
Assuming he doesn't resign yeah.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:57 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 pm Just going through the current draft order and looking for a team that can afford to take a TE that high despite other needs:

Jaguars - Lawrence
Jets - Fields
Bengals - Sewell
Panthers - QB

49ers - Nope
Chargers - Possible
Cowboys - Need defense
Broncos - Nope
Lions - Nope
Patriots - Maybe?
Vikings - Nope

That's the Top 16. So, 2 possibles and a maybe.
Miami owns the Texans pick, and they need a primary weapon for Tua. Yes they have Gesicki at TE already, but Pitts is basically a hybrid WR and if they decide Pitts is the best receiving weapon available then he makes a lot of sense for them.

Same thing really with Philly and NYG, the Giants especially with Engram being on the final year of his deal and being very unreliable, his Pro Bowl spot this year is extremely fraudulent and a clear result of name recognition. The Dolphins and Eagles could very easily end up taking Chase and Smith leaving Pitts as the best "WR" available for the Giants.
Edit: Also with the Eagles, Zach Ertz has been upset with his contract situation but the Eagles are in a very tight spot with the cap. There's almost no way they can afford to extend him and may have to cut him. Plus they have an extension with Goedert looming soon, and may have to let him walk in a year too if they are still tight on the cap. Adding Pitts means they can move on from Ertz fairly comfortably, and makes it a bit easier to stomach losing Goedert as well if they can't afford to retain him.

Also the Jets or Bengals could end up trading back with a team trying to get a QB if the Jets stick with Darnold (Bengals have little reason to stay at 3 if Jets took Sewell at 2) and end up as possible destinations.
Basically any team looking to add a weapon could use Pitts regardless of their TE situation. What team couldn't use more weapons? I feel like the only teams who are unrealistic for Pitts are those who need OL, QB, and defense while the top players at those positions are still on the board.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:43 pm

if he's drafted by jags or chargers... he will climb rookies draft a lot!
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:12 pm

In an effort to overcome my bias against taking a TE in the first round; can someone explain to me why he's so much better than the litany of other 1st round TE's that haven't had fantasy success?

I understand his body control/contested catch ability is pretty spectacular... but you need more than that to succeed at the NFL level

What specific parts of his game have people so much more optimistic that his game will translate to the NFL than: Ebron, Njoku, Engram (other undersized TEs taken in the 1st round)? The sub 250lb, projected 4.68 40 TE doesn't inspire a ton of confidence for me.

PPE82
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PPE82 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Any danger in him transitioning to WR? I am considering him at 1.03 or 1.05 in a 2ppr TE prem. If he doesn’t get listed a TE, big blow to value
Team 1
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-6RB, 2-6WR, 1-5TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Kyler Murray, Rudolph, Brissett, Brady
Keaton Mitchell, scrubs
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Dotson, Josh Palmer, Rashid Shaheed, Toney, Justyn Ross, Metchie, Ronnie Bell
Pitts, Likely
2024 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 2.09, 4.02, 4.12

Team 2
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-5RB, 3-6WR, 1-4TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Lawrence, Richardson, Young, Mac Jones, Lance, Brady, Bennnet, Haener
Bijan, Charbonnet, Strong Jr., scrubs
Wilson, Nacua, Flowers, Downs, Wicks, Renfrow, Ross, Bell, Metchie
Pitts, Woods
2024 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 1.11, 3.05, 3.06, 3.09, 4.02, 4.09

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:12 pm In an effort to overcome my bias against taking a TE in the first round; can someone explain to me why he's so much better than the litany of other 1st round TE's that haven't had fantasy success?

I understand his body control/contested catch ability is pretty spectacular... but you need more than that to succeed at the NFL level

What specific parts of his game have people so much more optimistic that his game will translate to the NFL than: Ebron, Njoku, Engram (other undersized TEs taken in the 1st round)? The sub 250lb, projected 4.68 40 TE doesn't inspire a ton of confidence for me.
I'll go first, I have never seen a college TE with the speed/size combo he has, and teh red zone success..... I don't think LB's or nickel backs will be able to keep up with him and he is too tall for a CB. He is going to be a match up nightmare.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Whoever takes him will hopefully be doing it with a scheme in mind already for him.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:34 pm

PPE82 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:53 pm Any danger in him transitioning to WR? I am considering him at 1.03 or 1.05 in a 2ppr TE prem. If he doesn’t get listed a TE, big blow to value
Definitely a possibility, but it doesn't benefit a team to do that.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas