The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby Ice » Fri May 07, 2021 4:34 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:09 pm Traded 1.07 + 2.07 + Claypool (not big on him, esp with Ben fading)
for 1.05 + 2.05

Took Chase at 1.05

Our draft for QBs all four went in the top seven

1. Lawrence
2. Harris
3. Lance
4. Pitts
5. Chase (me)
6. Wilson
7. Fields
8. ETN
Thanks! I like it.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 pm
Sriracha wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 pm Ended up trading him for ETN, Mac Jones and presumably a late 2022 1st (SF, TE premium, scaling ppr)
Wait.. so in SF you got a good QB prospect, a rookie RB that is easily going in the first AND another first for... a rookie TE?

Good for you man, that is insane value to me, even in TE premium. (And I love Pitts and will be taking him at 1.01/1.02 in 1qb TE premium leagues. But in SF that is still just crazy value to me)
Its a .5 ppr RB, 2ppr TE league so it’s not as egregious as it might be in most leagues but yea, I couldnt pass that up.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 07, 2021 4:41 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:09 pm Traded 1.07 + 2.07 + Claypool (not big on him, esp with Ben fading)
for 1.05 + 2.05

Took Chase at 1.05

Our draft for QBs all four went in the top seven

1. Lawrence
2. Harris
3. Lance
4. Pitts
5. Chase (me)
6. Wilson
7. Fields
8. ETN
Even if youre low on him... using Claypool as a sweetener to move up 2 spots in the first is insane to me.

Maybe it works out, but I’m willing to bet more than a few people value him as a mid first and I personally think you’re going to regret letting him go this cheap a few years from now.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm

And if that's SF I'd rather have fields than chase anyway... But I'm brand new to ppr/SF - am I missing something? I have fields 1.02/1.03?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Fri May 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 pm
Sriracha wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 pm Ended up trading him for ETN, Mac Jones and presumably a late 2022 1st (SF, TE premium, scaling ppr)
Wait.. so in SF you got a good QB prospect, a rookie RB that is easily going in the first AND another first for... a rookie TE?

Good for you man, that is insane value to me, even in TE premium. (And I love Pitts and will be taking him at 1.01/1.02 in 1qb TE premium leagues. But in SF that is still just crazy value to me)
Its a .5 ppr RB, 2ppr TE league so it’s not as egregious as it might be in most leagues but yea, I couldnt pass that up.
Ah, ok, that definitely makes more sense then. Thanks for clarifying.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm

I thought about Fields, but have Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, and Taysom and my WR are TERRIBLE. It's why I traded my 2022 first and my 2022 third for the 1.10 to take Devonta Smith. If I could have gotten back in for Fields I would have taken him. Love him. Though Chicago does kill QBs. I know, I live here. As for Claypool, it's a crowded team, Ben is fading fast, and who know who they'll take. I couldn't pass on the TOP WR in this class. But I know some people love Claypool.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm I thought about Fields, but have Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, and Taysom and my WR are TERRIBLE. It's why I traded my 2022 first and my 2022 third for the 1.10 to take Devonta Smith. If I could have gotten back in for Fields I would have taken him. Love him. Though Chicago does kill QBs. I know, I live here. As for Claypool, it's a crowded team, Ben is fading fast, and who know who they'll take. I couldn't pass on the TOP WR in this class. But I know some people love Claypool.
Coming out of the draft with Chase and Smith is huge. The price you paid for Smith is absurdly low given you get an entire season for him to develop. I get some think he is too small but I can't remember seeing a more polished route runner entering the league. He is up there with the very best to enter the league in the last decade with that skill set IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Ice wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm I thought about Fields, but have Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, and Taysom and my WR are TERRIBLE. It's why I traded my 2022 first and my 2022 third for the 1.10 to take Devonta Smith. If I could have gotten back in for Fields I would have taken him. Love him. Though Chicago does kill QBs. I know, I live here. As for Claypool, it's a crowded team, Ben is fading fast, and who know who they'll take. I couldn't pass on the TOP WR in this class. But I know some people love Claypool.
Coming out of the draft with Chase and Smith is huge. The price you paid for Smith is absurdly low given you get an entire season for him to develop. I get some think he is too small but I can't remember seeing a more polished route runner entering the league. He is up there with the very best to enter the league in the last decade with that skill set IMO.
I totally agree. I'm thrilled with those two and the Elijah Moore at the 2.05. This team had TERRIBLE WRs, the worst in the league, and I think I really improved it. Even with that deficit I came in 7th last year, and can for sure move up. With Mahomes and Kamara I feel good, just need Rodgers to not retire, as I couldn't get a QB in this draft.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm

In my OTHER league, a 12-man Dynasty 1 PPR where we start qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d it was pretty inane today. I finally got a share of Pitts. I started trying to trade up and/or in about the 1.03 pick. Here is what happened:

1.01 Harris—easy first pick
1.02 ETN—solid pick, guy needed RBs
1.03 Chase—also a pretty obvious pick here
1.04 Javonte—and the last of the good RBs are gone
1.05 Devonta—happy he went, as I'm solid with WR, need this to keep going my way
1.06 Sermon—guy trades in to get this pick and takes...Sermon? I mean, I love the guy, but this is a reach
1.07 TIME TO MAKE A MOVE—he wants Pitts or Lawrence here, I beat out all trade offers to get PITTS HERE!
1.08 Lawrence—MY PICK as I have Watson in question, Stafford okay, Ben fading. STOKED.

I had to trade my 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2021 3.08 and Kenny Golladay to get Pitts.
I think that's a steal. My 2021 1st will probably be in this range (1.08).
I like Golladay a lot, but he is my WR4 right now, inconsistent, and NYG could struggle.
Starting Tyreek, KAllen, Jefferson, and MJones/Jeudy/TreQuan at WR4 I feel good.

Thoughts?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm In my OTHER league, a 12-man Dynasty 1 PPR where we start qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d it was pretty inane today. I finally got a share of Pitts. I started trying to trade up and/or in about the 1.03 pick. Here is what happened:

1.05 Devonta—happy he went, as I'm solid with WR, need this to keep going my way
1.06 Sermon—guy trades in to get this pick and takes...Sermon? I mean, I love the guy, but this is a reach
1.07 TIME TO MAKE A MOVE—he wants Pitts or Lawrence here, I beat out all trade offers to get PITTS HERE!
1.08 Lawrence—MY PICK as I have Watson in question, Stafford okay, Ben fading. STOKED.

I had to trade my 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2021 3.08 and Kenny Golladay to get Pitts.
I like Golladay a lot, but he is my WR4 right now, inconsistent, and NYG could struggle.
Starting Tyreek, KAllen, Jefferson, and MJones/Jeudy/TreQuan at WR4 I feel good.

Thoughts?
Definitely an overpay but you got your guy. Golladay is aging as well. Any idea where you might finish the 22 season?
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm In my OTHER league, a 12-man Dynasty 1 PPR where we start qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d it was pretty inane today. I finally got a share of Pitts. I started trying to trade up and/or in about the 1.03 pick. Here is what happened:

Thoughts?
Definitely an overpay but you got your guy. Golladay is aging as well. Any idea where you might finish the 22 season?
I don't think it's an overpay, my 2022 1st is about the same value, plus a 22 so probably 2.05-2.08 the 3.08 isn't worth much, and Golladay I really think is going to be pretty average in NYG. If he plays like a WR1, then yes, I overpaid.

I always make the playoffs and while Pitts and Lawrence may not provide immediate impact for me, I should finish somewhere in the top six I think, maybe higher. I have strong WRs but my RBs are highly questionable. Thanks.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:43 am

FWIW MFL is projecting Pitts to be the NUMBER FIVE TE this year, with 171 points, only behind Kelce, Waller, Kittle, and Andrews. Just ahead of LThomas, Gesicki, Ertz, and Engram. For a rookie TE that's pretty huge IMO. No other rookie TE is projected to get more than 32 points. They see big things in Pitts. GET YOUR SHARES.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:43 am FWIW MFL is projecting Pitts to be the NUMBER FIVE TE this year, with 171 points, only behind Kelce, Waller, Kittle, and Andrews. Just ahead of LThomas, Gesicki, Ertz, and Engram. For a rookie TE that's pretty huge IMO. No other rookie TE is projected to get more than 32 points. They see big things in Pitts. GET YOUR SHARES.
While I agree with your conclusion of targeting Pitts, MFL doesn't exactly excel at player projections. Or maybe you are being sarcastic and I just missed it.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:00 am

CGW wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:43 am FWIW MFL is projecting Pitts to be the NUMBER FIVE TE this year, with 171 points, only behind Kelce, Waller, Kittle, and Andrews. Just ahead of LThomas, Gesicki, Ertz, and Engram. For a rookie TE that's pretty huge IMO. No other rookie TE is projected to get more than 32 points. They see big things in Pitts. GET YOUR SHARES.
While I agree with your conclusion of targeting Pitts, MFL doesn't exactly excel at player projections. Or maybe you are being sarcastic and I just missed it.
No sarcasm. Just thought I'd toss it out there, FWIW.

ESPN: Pitts, #7 TE. 65/765/5
FANTASYDATA: Pitts, #5 TE. 72/829/6
FOOTBALLDIEHARDS: Pitts, #8 TE. 58/645/5

Just saying that people are projecting him to do REALLY well in his rookie year, which is pretty rare.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 am

So, a team in a superflex non-TEP draft took Pitts 4th (after Lawrence/Lance/Fields) and then did these trades-
Kittle for M Thomas
Fant for 2022 1 and 2
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def