The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:39 pm

He's Julio 2.0. How many seasons did he do this same exact thing to him? A monster between the 20s, but unknown inside. Unless it's a forced toss up ball that'll be under thrown or out of bounds.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:52 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:39 pm He's Julio 2.0. How many seasons did he do this same exact thing to him? A monster between the 20s, but unknown inside. Unless it's a forced toss up ball that'll be under thrown or out of bounds.
Hmmm. Different player, different coaching staff. Same uniforms and Same QB is about the only thing that holds water here, and who knows for how much longer on that QB front.

I wouldn't worry about this becoming a career RZ thing enough to give him the "Julio 2.0" moniker - though I wouldn't mind you giving it to him if that was truly his career path. Nobody here would be turning down multiple 1K seasons + Pro Bowls...

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 am

The red zone targets is a concern for me. Not so much for Pitts the player, but the coaching staff. If I were them, I'd be designing plays to get him the ball there and do it frequently.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 am

mild wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:52 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:39 pm He's Julio 2.0. How many seasons did he do this same exact thing to him? A monster between the 20s, but unknown inside. Unless it's a forced toss up ball that'll be under thrown or out of bounds.
Hmmm. Different player, different coaching staff. Same uniforms and Same QB is about the only thing that holds water here, and who knows for how much longer on that QB front.

I wouldn't worry about this becoming a career RZ thing enough to give him the "Julio 2.0" moniker - though I wouldn't mind you giving it to him if that was truly his career path. Nobody here would be turning down multiple 1K seasons + Pro Bowls...
In terms of usage he's Julio 2.0. I agree it's different (everything) besides a QB, but same outcome. Julio had 10 TD's in 2012...his next highest season is 8 (3 times) after that the numbers are dismal. Perhaps it's Matt Ryan's fault for red zone inefficiency, but when you have players of that caliber they need to be utilized properly.

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:01 am

Matt Ryans time is over. At least thats what I'm thinking from week to week when I see him.
With a new QB it could be better.
But the RZ-sheme seems to be wanted but I have no clue why.
Maybe the think, that the opponent is waiting for a target to Pitts and so they want to surprise them. Well... it's not working.

I hope, next season will be better for Pitts...
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: Mahomes
RB: Achane, Warren, Spears, McLaughlin, Brown,
WR: DJM, Jeudy, London, Pickens, Downs, Meyers, W. Robinson, Samuel, Tucker
TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Okonkwo, Otton
K: McLaughlin
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
DL: Garrett, Crosby, Hutchinson, Chase Young, J. Bosa, Tuipulotu
LB: Parsons, Bolton, Lloyd, Campbell, Byron Young
DB: Winfield, Pitre, Hufanga, Bland

Picks 2024: 1st, 2x 3rd, 2x 4th, 5th, 6th

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:46 am

A big question to be answer is WHO will QB Atlanta next year. Even if we agree Ryan will be gone (and that is not guaranteed) and even if we agree Ryan is the QB that has made Pitts look good in yardage and bad in TDs, there is no sure bet that the 2022 QB will be better than Ryan has been this season.

Look at all the 2021 rookies. Check out their production. Aside from Mac Jones, not one has performed in a manner that would make me feel good if they were to be Atlanta's 2022 QB. Seriously, who has faith that Lance/Fields/Wilson would be better for Pitts than Ryan? Even TL has looked very pedestrian so far. And the 2022 rookie QBs are projected to be worse than the 2021 QBs.

So if it's not going to be a 2022 rookie to the rescue for Pitts, what veteran rental might end up in Atlanta? First, let's eliminate the hot shots (Rodgers/Russ/Watson) because none of them want to go to the Falcons. And let's be up front and say no other QB that might be available as a FA or via trade is likely to be better than Ryan.

Cam Newton and Goff look like sure bets to be available. Maybe Bridgewater and Tyrod. I guess the potential best free agent for Pitts might be Winston, but I'd be a little (not a lot, just a little) surprised to see Atlanta pay Ryan for a dead cap season and bring in a QB as iffy as Winston.

The most likely scenario is Atlanta drafts a promising rookie QB (if one is available) and keeps Ryan as a bridge. But even then, we'd be wise to remember that not every young QB becomes Burrow or Herbert. There's a lot of chaff in that bag. My bet is Pitts will have Ryan or someone worse throwing him the ball in 2022.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:23 am

I'm more concerned about the weapons around Pitts than I am who is throwing him the ball. Teams are just rolling coverages and putting multiple defenders on him virtually every play. Hopefully Ridley comes back and they add another receiving threat to at least make defenses think about someone else.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:19 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:23 am I'm more concerned about the weapons around Pitts than I am who is throwing him the ball. Teams are just rolling coverages and putting multiple defenders on him virtually every play. Hopefully Ridley comes back and they add another receiving threat to at least make defenses think about someone else.
It's this. It's hard to be targeted in the Red Zone when you're being bracketed on every snap. Even Kelce struggles with that... but at least that means Tyreek is eating somewhere else. Opponents aren't punished for bracketing Atlanta right now.

Pitts 2022 QB is still Matt Ryan, no need for additional hand wringing on that front. A quick look at the contract is all you need to tell that story.

Let's hope he can be better in 2022, hopefully with more reinforcements.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:04 pm

mild wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:19 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:23 am I'm more concerned about the weapons around Pitts than I am who is throwing him the ball. Teams are just rolling coverages and putting multiple defenders on him virtually every play. Hopefully Ridley comes back and they add another receiving threat to at least make defenses think about someone else.
It's this. It's hard to be targeted in the Red Zone when you're being bracketed on every snap. Even Kelce struggles with that... but at least that means Tyreek is eating somewhere else. Opponents aren't punished for bracketing Atlanta right now.

Pitts 2022 QB is still Matt Ryan, no need for additional hand wringing on that front. A quick look at the contract is all you need to tell that story.

Let's hope he can be better in 2022, hopefully with more reinforcements.
Assuming Ridley gets his head right, and maybe they can hit on another WR or something in the draft that offense could take off again
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm

From an article here at DLF.

Kyle Pitts ends season with one score
Kyle Pitts - TE, ATL
Kyle Pitts had 68 catches for 1,026 yards and one touchdown in his rookie season.

Dynasty Analysis

The lack of touchdowns is likely going to overshadow what was otherwise a sparkling rookie season that saw Pitts become the first tight end with 1,000 yards in a season since Mike Ditka did it in 1961. While the lack of touchdowns stunted his overall fantasy scoring, it's clear there are brighter days ahead for the Falcons young star. There is now a debate between Kyle Pitts, Travis Kelce and Mark Andrews as to who should be the TE1. Any could make the case and each would be no-brainer starts for the foreseeable future.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 pm

I like the other thread that said he was a waste of a 1st round pick more.

This one is fine, I guess.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:40 am

For the record, in 1961 Ditka averaged 76.9ypg. In 2021, Pitts averaged 60.4. In other words, Ditka averaged 27% more ypg than Pitts.

Not to mention Ditka had 12 TDs in his rookie season. That's 12 times what Pitts did. There really is no comparison between the two rookie seasons.

Pitts had a great rookie TE season, but it's a reach to call him the next Ditka!!!!!!!

EDIT: This is tongue-in-cheek, hopefully obviously. While I maintain Pitts was no better than the 4th/5th best 2021 dynasty draftee, he was definitely worth a mid-to-late 1st. Without a doubt. Congrats to all those who drafted him and are happy to have him!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:24 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:40 am For the record, in 1961 Ditka averaged 76.9ypg. In 2021, Pitts averaged 60.4. In other words, Ditka averaged 27% more ypg than Pitts.

Not to mention Ditka had 12 TDs in his rookie season. That's 12 times what Pitts did. There really is no comparison between the two rookie seasons.

Pitts had a great rookie TE season, but it's a reach to call him the next Ditka!!!!!!!

EDIT: This is tongue-in-cheek, hopefully obviously. While I maintain Pitts was no better than the 4th/5th best 2021 dynasty draftee, he was definitely worth a mid-to-late 1st. Without a doubt. Congrats to all those who drafted him and are happy to have him!
I know you're kidding around, so this isn't directed at you in any way, but the last few months of NFL media constantly bringing up the Ditka thing has been maybe the most annoying of their habits. We need a petition to just... stop comparing stats from the 60s to modern-day stats, no matter the context.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:24 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:40 am For the record, in 1961 Ditka averaged 76.9ypg. In 2021, Pitts averaged 60.4. In other words, Ditka averaged 27% more ypg than Pitts.

I know you're kidding around, so this isn't directed at you in any way, but the last few months of NFL media constantly bringing up the Ditka thing has been maybe the most annoying of their habits. We need a petition to just... stop comparing stats from the 60s to modern-day stats, no matter the context.
Lol for real, it's not like ya know the second most passing yards that year was under 3000 when he did that or anything.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:16 am

Pro Football Focus wrote:It’s worth noting that Pitts is really only a tight end in terms of his positional designation. Only Mike Gesicki (92%) and (conveniently) Firkser (87%) ran a higher percentage of their routes from the slot or out wide than Pitts (80%) last season.

This usage created a bit of a dilemma for defenses in terms of who they wanted to even guard Pitts with. He ultimately wound up seeing 53 targets with a primary cornerback in coverage compared to 51 against a safety or linebacker. Pitts posted rather mediocre averages of 2.29 yards per route run (No. 62) and 0.27 targets per route run (No. 78) against cornerbacks compared to 2.57 yards per route run (No. 14) and 0.24 targets per route run (No. 53) against safeties and linebackers.

Pitts led all tight ends in yards per route run with a cornerback as his primary coverage defender but ranked 62nd when including wide receivers.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def