The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:29 pm Yeah, but just think of how amazing he'd be if he had Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball..... :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Dream Team: Hurts, Swift, Aiyuk, Pitts

In that lineup, I wonder if anyone other than Hurts would be startable?
mild wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:44 amNow... if we could just get Pitts hooked up with Prime Era Derek Carr... y'know, from 2016... then we'd really be cooking with gas... might even win a Wild Card playoff game! (But lets not get too carried away...)
I'm not sure the argument holds up that Pitts would do better with other good-to-verygood QBs. Ryan has supported TE1s regularly over the past few years.
2021: Pitts is currently TE7
2020: Hurst was TE6 in total points.
2019: Hooper was TE6 in total points, TE3 in ppg.
2018: Hooper was TE6

That's not a bad run for Ryan being TE-friendly. Not a bad rookie season for Pitts. Of course, Pitts isn't the overall TE1 or TE2 but no one who knows football thought that was a real possibility for a rookie TE anyway.
I think the big disappointment for pitts comes from those owning him. This year hes a lot like Andrew's the past couple. Sure the end result of te7 looks good , but other than 2 big games his average is
3.2 for 43. Not bad but firmly in that easily replaceable tier especially since he's only scored one td (in that 2 game stretch. Tds are obviously a firm outlier but it's been the inconsistency

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: the Kyle Pitts Is Kinda Good thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:29 pm Yeah, but just think of how amazing he'd be if he had Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball..... :wink:

mild wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:44 amNow... if we could just get Pitts hooked up with Prime Era Derek Carr... y'know, from 2016... then we'd really be cooking with gas... might even win a Wild Card playoff game! (But lets not get too carried away...)
I'm not sure the argument holds up that Pitts would do better with other good-to-verygood QBs. Ryan has supported TE1s regularly over the past few years.

That's not a bad run for Ryan being TE-friendly. Not a bad rookie season for Pitts. Of course, Pitts isn't the overall TE1 or TE2 (and isn't challenging for WR1 status as some said he would, or even rookie WR1 status) but no one who knows football thought that was a real possibility for a rookie TE anyway.
These were jokes going back and forth. He's sky high on Hurts potential, and I am not, stating he's a poor passer quite often. He came back with a Raiders shot, as I am a life long Raiders fan. We've also discussed the relevance of PFF a few times. There was no real argument about Pitts being better with another QB. There wasn't any seriousness to it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: the Kyle Pitts Is Kinda Good thread

Postby Anteaters » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 am These were jokes going back and forth.
:thumbup:
context...
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:38 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 am I think the big disappointment for pitts comes from those owning him. This year hes a lot like Andrew's the past couple. Sure the end result of te7 looks good , but other than 2 big games his average is
3.2 for 43. Not bad but firmly in that easily replaceable tier especially since he's only scored one td (in that 2 game stretch. Tds are obviously a firm outlier but it's been the inconsistency
The good news is unless Pitts becomes an absolute bust, the TDs should average at least 5-9 per year. Maybe 2-4 more if he is truly special. As his yards close in on 1000/yr and his TDs hit 8-10/yr, he'll be a good own.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:38 am
Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 am I think the big disappointment for pitts comes from those owning him. This year hes a lot like Andrew's the past couple. Sure the end result of te7 looks good , but other than 2 big games his average is
The good news is unless Pitts becomes an absolute bust, the TDs should average at least 5-9 per year. Maybe 2-4 more if he is truly special. As his yards close in on 1000/yr and his TDs hit 8-10/yr, he'll be a good own.
Yeah the hope is (always has been my only shot at getting him) that he slows down rest of year and can possibly buy low in the offseason or even next year if he starts slow

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 am

That's not a bad run for Ryan being TE-friendly. Not a bad rookie season for Pitts. Of course, Pitts isn't the overall TE1 or TE2 but no one who knows football thought that was a real possibility for a rookie TE anyway.
I think the big disappointment for pitts comes from those owning him. This year hes a lot like Andrew's the past couple. Sure the end result of te7 looks good , but other than 2 big games his average is
As someone who paid up to draft Pitts, I don't think this season has been a disappointment. I expected him to be startable but didn't think he would finish as a top 3 TE on the season. He has averaged 10.6 ppg, and over a 16 game season (to compare with the all previous TEs) that would be ~170 points. No rookie TE has ever scored more than 150 points since 2000. That said, this will be the first week he is on my bench (besides his bye week), playing Goedert instead.

I didn't draft Pitts for 2021. I drafted him for 2022-2032.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:40 am

I moved mountains to get Pitts in two leagues. I didn't expect him to be the #1 TE this year. He has shown me enough to feel good about the pick. The TE landscape is dire. Not that there aren't diamonds in the rough. I like where he is, and think that if ATL can get their act together, get Ridley back on the field, then Pitts can grow. In a 12-man league, if I'm starting him, and he's the #7 TE, then I'm winning over the other five guys at TE. And I think he can ONLY get better.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:49 am

Oddball456 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm

As someone who paid up to draft Pitts, I don't think this season has been a disappointment. I expected him to be startable but didn't think he would finish as a top 3 TE on the season. He has averaged 10.6 ppg, and over a 16 game season (to compare with the all previous TEs) that would be ~170 points. No rookie TE has ever scored more than 150 points since 2000. That said, this will be the first week he is on my bench (besides his bye week), playing Goedert instead.

I don't think I've ever had a player on my roster for more than 3 or 4 seasons. I'd have to double check, but I don't ever look ten years down the road. NFL landscape changes way too quickly for that IMO. Not saying he won't be good in 3 or 4 years, just that his value may be such that flipping him is a better reality than keeping him is a possible outcome. Another outcome is he's a mid TE 1 but people still value his potential higher than his production, and flip him. I just don't ever look ten years down the road. When I first started playing, I had that idea of building the dream team with hitting on young guys who'd be on my roster for ten years, but that is long gone. I'm always looking to make my roster better, and no player is untouchable.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:40 am I moved mountains to get Pitts in two leagues. I didn't expect him to be the #1 TE this year. He has shown me enough to feel good about the pick. The TE landscape is dire. Not that there aren't diamonds in the rough. I like where he is, and think that if ATL can get their act together, get Ridley back on the field, then Pitts can grow. In a 12-man league, if I'm starting him, and he's the #7 TE, then I'm winning over the other five guys at TE. And I think he can ONLY get better.
Only counter point, is the other 6 teams are beating you at the position and you "moved mountains" for that.

Now obviously, the hope is he progresses from here and it's still the best rookie TE year I've ever seen. Not trying to take away anything from Pitts at all. I know most people on here are patient, but I do wonder how many out there may sell Pitts in the offseason, especially if he continues to get doubled and fall in the rankings by end of year

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:49 am

I don't think I've ever had a player on my roster for more than 3 or 4 seasons. I'd have to double check, but I don't ever look ten years down the road. NFL landscape changes way too quickly for that IMO. Not saying he won't be good in 3 or 4 years, just that his value may be such that flipping him is a better reality than keeping him is a possible outcome. Another outcome is he's a mid TE 1 but people still value his potential higher than his production, and flip him. I just don't ever look ten years down the road. When I first started playing, I had that idea of building the dream team with hitting on young guys who'd be on my roster for ten years, but that is long gone. I'm always looking to make my roster better, and no player is untouchable.
Clearly 2033 was just pointing out that 2021 wasn't why I drafted him. That said, I have had several players on my team for a long, long time. We have deep rosters (47 man +5 IR spots, full IDP). I have had Sammy Watkins, Mixon, Diggs, Danielle Hunter on my roster since they were rookies. They are all 5-8 years straight. Several 4 year guys.

If Goedert or one or my other TEs step up and makes Pitts expendable, maybe I will trade him away. Or maybe he will be on my team in 2033. I trade away assets to improve my starting line-up and top depth players, not just for value.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am

Oddball456 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:42 am

Clearly 2033 was just pointing out that 2021 wasn't why I drafted him. That said, I have had several players on my team for a long, long time. We have deep rosters (47 man +5 IR spots, full IDP). I have had Sammy Watkins, Mixon, Diggs, Danielle Hunter on my roster since they were rookies. They are all 5-8 years straight. Several 4 year guys.

If Goedert or one or my other TEs step up and makes Pitts expendable, maybe I will trade him away. Or maybe he will be on my team in 2033. I trade away assets to improve my starting line-up and top depth players, not just for value.
Wow, you stuck it out with the Lizard king, eh?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:31 pm

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am
Oddball456 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:42 am

Wow, you stuck it out with the Lizard king, eh?
2008. Inaugural draft - Pick 6 overall - Tom Brady. Kept him until last week. That one hurt.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:31 pm This felt relevant:

https://twitter.com/mikemeupp/status/14 ... 07427?s=11
There are 17 games instead of 16, that makes some difference. Also, I would give anybody in the 2000's hitting these numbers a bonus of sort sort. Rules have really shifted more recently to allow huge passing numbers.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:28 pm

mild wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:23 pm ... Also, expect his TD regression to start coming back the other way in the back half of this season. He's currently at 661 yards on 75 targets, with a 14.7 (!!!) average yards per reception... and one singular TD.

If he catches a few more of those to close out the season, he will climb the TE scoring ranks in a big hurry.
Sooooo, on this note... holy good god:

https://twitter.com/notJDaigle/status/1 ... 5580231684
47 players have seen at least 33 targets since Week 8, but Kyle Pitts is the only one who has recorded just one red zone target in that span.

All of those games were played without Calvin Ridley.
One Red Zone Target.

Since Week 8.

Just... whyyyyyyy... :wall: