General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby JTLoh » Fri May 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:48 pm
Ice wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:37 pm
JTLoh wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:13 am Is there any significate chance he gets moved to WR?
Like Marques Colston did after his first year?
The real question is will he play like a WR? That answer is YES....Pitts is going to be a stud and he is the best pass catcher in this draft no matter what he is called.

BTW, Colston in the NFL was always a WR. He was never a TE in the NFL.
It's not that he actually was a TE once he got to the NFL. He wasn't. But there were hosting sites that listed him as such, and it was a huge positional advantage to whomever owned him until that got cleaned-up. You probably remember that though.
Exactly.
Thanks for the details. I didn't remember the how/why but he definitely was a TE by alot of sites. And it was a HUGE advantage.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 14, 2021 6:38 pm

JTLoh wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:07 pm
Ice wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:37 pm

The real question is will he play like a WR? That answer is YES....Pitts is going to be a stud and he is the best pass catcher in this draft no matter what he is called.

BTW, Colston in the NFL was always a WR. He was never a TE in the NFL.
It's not that he actually was a TE once he got to the NFL. He wasn't. But there were hosting sites that listed him as such, and it was a huge positional advantage to whomever owned him until that got cleaned-up. You probably remember that though.
Exactly.
Thanks for the details. I didn't remember the how/why but he definitely was a TE by alot of sites. And it was a HUGE advantage.
There were a few pretty stupid sites like ESPN back in the day that simply didn't have a clue what they were doing.

It was nothing more than legal cheating IMO. We never used those sites but I do remember.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri May 14, 2021 6:47 pm

Ice wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Exactly.
There were a few pretty stupid sites like ESPN back in the day that simply didn't have a clue what they were doing.

It was nothing more than legal cheating IMO. We never used those sites but I do remember.
I'll vouch that for Colston's rookie year, Yahoo allowed him to be played as a TE or a WR. It sure was an advantage. I remember Woodhead being eligible as a RB/WR, that made a little more sense. And weren't there some sites last year that allowed Taysom Hill to be played as a TE?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Ice wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Exactly.

I'll vouch that for Colston's rookie year, Yahoo allowed him to be played as a TE or a WR. It sure was an advantage. I remember Woodhead being eligible as a RB/WR, that made a little more sense. And weren't there some sites last year that allowed Taysom Hill to be played as a TE?
One reason MFL is so good today is they allow the Commish to designate player positions.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri May 14, 2021 7:03 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:47 pm I'll vouch that for Colston's rookie year, Yahoo allowed him to be played as a TE or a WR. It sure was an advantage. I remember Woodhead being eligible as a RB/WR, that made a little more sense. And weren't there some sites last year that allowed Taysom Hill to be played as a TE?
I believe there were (ESPN again as a culprit). But I think that got fixed after a week or two, because everyone I know was complaining about it vocally!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

We Starting Pitts Now?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:41 pm

We've had a lot of discussions on Pitts in here, and I had him started in both leagues this week due to my other options not being great. I'll take those 26 points for sure. SO...the big questions.

1. Has Pitts arrived or was ATL just depleted/injured?
2. You starting him now?
3. This can only get better, right? Though ATL is a bit of a mess.

THOUGHTS?
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: We Starting Pitts Now?

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm

If you expect 26 points weekly, you may be disappointed. Is he a startable TE1? Yeah, id venture to say he's as good a bet as any of the TE4 to TE15 are. Short term hes a high ceiling, low floor TE1. Long term is where his value lies.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:17 pm

1. Has Pitts arrived or was ATL just depleted/injured?
2. You starting him now?

I think both of these statements are accurate - this was a sample of 1 with no WR for ATL, against a bad team, but he is start-able due to how inconsistent other TEs are. There is another thread here where pretty much it highlights the difference between a true TE1 - the wannabe TE1 which every year change and then the firework TE2/3.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:20 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm If you expect 26 points weekly, you may be disappointed. Is he a startable TE1? Yeah, id venture to say he's as good a bet as any of the TE4 to TE15 are. Short term he's a high ceiling, low floor TE1. Long-term is where his value lies.
Oh I don't expect 26 points every week, no. Just asking if he's a guy we're starting now. I agree with you on the TE4-15. Slim pickings out there these days.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:20 am

gpaok wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:17 pm 1. Has Pitts arrived or was ATL just depleted/injured?
2. You starting him now?

I think both of these statements are accurate - this was a sample of 1 with no WR for ATL, against a bad team, but he is start-able due to how inconsistent other TEs are. There is another thread here where pretty much it highlights the difference between a true TE1 - the wannabe TE1 which every year change and then the firework TE2/3.
Thanks. Do you have a link to that TE thread?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:39 am

Matt Ryan is a good QB who has had a down streak to start the year. Ironic that he finally got back to good play with his top WRs out, but I think with Ryan back, Pitts will be startable.

Startable is a low bar for TEs these days, so Pitts may be a top 6 regular start very soon, if not already. He's getting decent targets and flashed his abilities.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm If you expect 26 points weekly, you may be disappointed. Is he a startable TE1? Yeah, id venture to say he's as good a bet as any of the TE4 to TE15 are. Short term hes a high ceiling, low floor TE1.
++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:07 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:39 am Matt Ryan is a good QB who has had a down streak to start the year. Ironic that he finally got back to good play with his top WRs out, but I think with Ryan back, Pitts will be startable.

Startable is a low bar for TEs these days, so Pitts may be a top 6 regular start very soon, if not already. He's getting decent targets and flashed his abilities.
Yep. Thanks.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 am

I have been starting him every week since week 1. My other options are Goedert, Higbee, and Njoku.

I figured year one, just given the TE landscape, he would be startable pretty much all year. I am really looking forward to years 2-8+.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 pm

I think most already were... In dynasty, if you earned the pick to draft him, you probably don't have a better TE option and were starting him from the start. If you traded for him, you likely believed enough that he would come around soon enough.

Maybe some people have a Kittle, Kelce, Andrews, Hock to start over him for now, but I'd guess that is the minority of Pitts owners. I didn't expect a huge rookie year, but he's a different kind of TE. Now, don't expect that kind of week often, but he's got the ceiling to do it. And his floor is pretty good in that offense. Bad team should be trailing often and he's at worst the 3rd option, but really should be 1b behind Ridley

In redraft, he was going as a top 5 TE. I wanted no part of him due to my doubts of him as a rookie, but I don't think anyone regrets drafting him in redraft either