The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 am

Saw a comment in the Team Advice forum that made me think. A guy was considering trading Godwin for Travis Kelce straight up and debating the pros and cons.

It's far easier to draft or replace WR production than elite TE production. Even if the odds of hitting on Pitts are lower, the reward may be higher just from the scarcity of high producing TEs. Landing spot will be a decent size factor for me. This draft season is going to be fun.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 am

I can't see how anyone doesn't take Pitts after Harris, ETN, Williams, Smith, and Chase. I have the 1.07 and 1.08 (superflex) and am not sure he'll make it to me.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:43 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 am I can't see how anyone doesn't take Pitts after Harris, ETN, Williams, Smith, and Chase. I have the 1.07 and 1.08 (superflex) and am not sure he'll make it to me.
That’s 5 prospects not to mention the QBs. At least 3 look to be going top 5 with 2 others likely in the 1st.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 am Saw a comment in the Team Advice forum that made me think. A guy was considering trading Godwin for Travis Kelce straight up and debating the pros and cons.

It's far easier to draft or replace WR production than elite TE production. Even if the odds of hitting on Pitts are lower, the reward may be higher just from the scarcity of high producing TEs. Landing spot will be a decent size factor for me. This draft season is going to be fun.
I agree that an elite TE is harder to replace. Problem is there isn’t many, I’d say 3 in kelce, kittle, Waller. None of which were drafted in the 1st. TE seems more of a crapshoot than anything
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:20 pm

broncohead wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 am Saw a comment in the Team Advice forum that made me think. A guy was considering trading Godwin for Travis Kelce straight up and debating the pros and cons.

I agree that an elite TE is harder to replace. Problem is there isn’t many, I’d say 3 in kelce, kittle, Waller. None of which were drafted in the 1st. TE seems more of a crapshoot than anything
In the not to distance future many you guys will realize a 6'5" player with a huge catch radius and great routes that is only 0.06 slower than 6.0' Chase in 40 yards is going to change the landscape of what many are stuck in the mud lumping him in with just any old TE.

The fact that there are so few of this type special athlete should drive up his price point NOT down.

Interesting side note, Pitt's wingspan of 83 inches is longer than any WR or TE measured at the combine in 20 years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:20 pm

In the not to distance future many you guys will realize a 6'5" player with a huge catch radius and great routes that is only 0.06 slower than 6.0' Chase in 40 yards is going to change the landscape of what many are stuck in the mud lumping him in with just any old TE.

The fact that there are so few of this type special athlete should drive up his price point NOT down.

Interesting side note, Pitt's wingspan of 83 inches is longer than any WR or TE measured at the combine in 20 years.
He’s an amazing prospect. TE is just a hard position to predict. That’s all I’m saying
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:27 pm

broncohead wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:20 pm

He’s an amazing prospect. TE is just a hard position to predict. That’s all I’m saying

Sure, but if you're going to take a shot on a TE, you'll need to take him in the second half of the first, and I'm fine doing that.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:29 pm

Assuming these numbers dont drastically change once the consensus 40 time is reached; Pitts is probably the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis.

Floor is a mid TE1 with superstar potential... I’m going to be aggressively targeting him in TE premium, I’ll be happy to gobble up a QB or RB in non TE premium leagues instead

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 pm

Just traded for 1.01 in a league I already had acquired 1.02. Right now I would take Chase and Pitts.

I like don't love the RBs...Chase and Pitts are straight up freaks. Give me the freaks.

*landing spots could still affect this take

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 pm Just traded for 1.01 in a league I already had acquired 1.02. Right now I would take Chase and Pitts.

I like don't love the RBs...Chase and Pitts are straight up freaks. Give me the freaks.

I had 1.01 and just traded for 1.02, I'm planning on Chase/Pitts too.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:55 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 pm Just traded for 1.01 in a league I already had acquired 1.02. Right now I would take Chase and Pitts.

Yep. It's just obvious to me they are the best players in this draft. I hold 1.03 in another league and am slightly worried they will both be gone. These are all TE premium leagues.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:25 pm

What you’re saying makes perfect sense. My problem with that though is the history of predicting fantasy relevant TE is absolutely atrocious. Have we all of a sudden figured it out, or is Pitts just a once in a lifetime type of prospect? The positional scarcity is a big factor, but so is the risk of trusting TE evaluations.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:51 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 pm

Love this strategy. :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:56 pm

Cripes this thread has changed my mind 9 times. I dunno where to rank this guy anymore.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm

honcho55 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:56 pm Cripes this thread has changed my mind 9 times. I dunno where to rank this guy anymore.
Tell me about it, I've gone from not drafting him till after the top 6 WRs to drafting him after the QBs/RBs/Chase.