Taysom Hill time

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Taysom Hill

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:30 am

I haven't seen any mention of him. Sean Payton likes Hill a lot, but I'm not sure how much of that is as an actual QB? NO signed Tom Savage to back up Drew Brees, but Savage is awful. Brees has been pretty healthy for his career, but he's getting up there in age. What's everyone's evaluation on Hill?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Taysom Hill

Postby pierson242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Nothing to see, if he was good he wouldn't be playing special teams and they wouldn't have signed savage
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:42 pm

He's still a second year qb despite the advanced age. I think that's a bit unfair to say this early in his career.

I liked what I saw in the preseason with Green Bay and I think he should continue to progress this season.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:52 pm

jman3134 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:42 pm He's still a second year qb despite the advanced age. I think that's a bit unfair to say this early in his career.

I liked what I saw in the preseason with Green Bay and I think he should continue to progress this season.
I guess I just don't get this. He wasn't even good in college, hes 27/28, and plays special teams. Hes currently 3rd on the depth chart I just don't see this ever becoming a thing.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm

6.5 yards per attempt in college as a 26 year old. no thanks
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... brees.html

Brees believes it seems - but I think atm he's a waiver monitor player (or ignore) depending on your roster requirements.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:01 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... brees.html

Brees believes it seems - but I think atm he's a waiver monitor player (or ignore) depending on your roster requirements.
There teammates of course he’s gonna say this

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

"If" Taysom Hill is the 2021 Starter

Postby dmac37 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:07 pm

"If" Taysom Hill is the Saints 2021 Starting QB, where do you rank this guy? I decided to stash him in case some of the vibes are true and he does become the Saints 2021 starting QB. For FF I would think he would be a QB1 for as long as he has the gig??
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: "If" Taysom Hill is the 2021 Starter

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:09 pm

I can't see it. I roster Hill, but I just don't think he's got the ability as a passer. Don't think Payton will do it. I don't think the starter is currently on the roster. Hill and Jameis aren't the answer. I could see a trade. Maybe they go after Darnold. I don't think it will be Hill or Winston, though.

However, IF he's the starter, he may be a back end QB1 for the games he starts. I believe he'd be benched, before the year is out, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Might as well keep him stashed and see what happens. If he’s announced as the 2021 starter I would try and trade him right away. I think Winston is the better QB, by a lot. I don’t know if Brees is the mentoring type or not, but if Winston can learn how to better prepare for games, cut down on mental mistakes, and protect the ball he could turn into something.

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:56 pm

Taysom Hill is certainly a curious case.

The guy will be 31 before the season starts next year. Not exactly the age you want to be targeting when hoping to develop your next franchise QB... especially when the biggest part of that QBs game is mobility.

But on the other hand, the Saints just signed him to a 2 year 21 million deal with 16mil guaranteed. That's not the type of money you pay a career gadget guy.

It seems like Payton is very high on him. But I don't think he has the talent to be an NFL starter. I think it's even debatable whether he's still effective as a gadget QB when the Saints are frequently taking Brees off the field during their most important plays.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 pm

drobes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:56 pm Taysom Hill is certainly a curious case.

The guy will be 31 before the season starts next year. Not exactly the age you want to be targeting when hoping to develop your next franchise QB... especially when the biggest part of that QBs game is mobility.

But on the other hand, the Saints just signed him to a 2 year 21 million deal with 16mil guaranteed. That's not the type of money you pay a career gadget guy.

It seems like Payton is very high on him. But I don't think he has the talent to be an NFL starter. I think it's even debatable whether he's still effective as a gadget QB when the Saints are frequently taking Brees off the field during their most important plays.
The contract gives him an outside shot. Certainly more appealing to go down in flames with him than Winston. Winston currently doesn't have a contract, but I just find it hard to believe he starts Hill. If he does, it would probably go down in flames. He's super explosive though, I just don't know how well he can read an NFL defense.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:20 pm

I am from New Orleans and a big Saints fan. I wish Sean P. would use Hill or Winston more because Brees is done, he can't throw deep anymore. Brees is holding our offense back, but I don't think Hill will be the starting qb next year. I think Winston can be the better qb if he can limit his turnovers.

I would love to see Winston or Darnold as qb next year and lineup Hill at #3wr spot or as te(in 1 and 2 te sets). Also have Hill in backfield at rb and motion Kamara out wide. Between rb, we, and te spot I would love to see Hill out on 60% or more of the snaps. If he could play 10snaps at rb(with 6-8 carries) and then 25+ snaps at wr/te he could really be a great asset for Saints offense.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Kelldon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:20 pm I am from New Orleans and a big Saints fan. I wish Sean P. would use Hill or Winston more because Brees is done, he can't throw deep anymore. Brees is holding our offense back, but I don't think Hill will be the starting qb next year. I think Winston can be the better qb if he can limit his turnovers.

I would love to see Winston or Darnold as qb next year and lineup Hill at #3wr spot or as te(in 1 and 2 te sets). Also have Hill in backfield at rb and motion Kamara out wide. Between rb, we, and te spot I would love to see Hill out on 60% or more of the snaps. If he could play 10snaps at rb(with 6-8 carries) and then 25+ snaps at wr/te he could really be a great asset for Saints offense.
Imagine the Saints trading for Stafford next year. That would be awesome. Winston ain't it. I doubt Hill is. Darnold is damaged goods.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Taysom Hill time

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:38 am

I feel like Taysom Hill is a unique enough player that this probably deserves its own thread regardless of your stance on him.

Sounds like he'll be the starter over Jameis Winston this week. The quick assumption is that this'll be fool's gold for anyone thinking of just the upside, but... what are the odds he's able to actually post fantasy relevant numbers regardless of his actual skills as a passer? Everybody loves running QBs for fantasy, so eh, why or why not Taysom?

Also, what is Sean Payton smoking, and can I have some?
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th