Taysom Hill time

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Taysom Hill time

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 am

DJB wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 am I feel like this is a situation where we see both guys multiple times throughout the game.

A real fantasy headache unless you play BB.
Without any further evidence now that Brees is out of the picture I’d have to agree. I see Winston as the predominant player in most situations but that there is a real likelihood that Hill may come in for short yardage and goal line situations. That would cap Winston’s upside while making Hill fairly useless. Oddly, that would put Winston on the bench in situations where he is most effective. His highest career QB rating is in the red zone over all other areas of the field and he has 80 career TDs vs 4 INTs there.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 am Oddly, that would put Winston on the bench in situations where he is most effective. His highest career QB rating is in the red zone over all other areas of the field and he has 80 career TDs vs 4 INTs there.
then maybe they'll use him in those situations too. but who knows!

but hill as a full time starter is not going to happen imo, he just isn't that good, and the trickery can only take you so far. stack the box, put a spy on him and double michael thomas... good luck taysom.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Mon May 31, 2021 9:14 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 am Oddly, that would put Winston on the bench in situations where he is most effective. His highest career QB rating is in the red zone over all other areas of the field and he has 80 career TDs vs 4 INTs there.
then maybe they'll use him in those situations too. but who knows!

but hill as a full time starter is not going to happen imo, he just isn't that good, and the trickery can only take you so far. stack the box, put a spy on him and double michael thomas... good luck taysom.
I don’t trust either as a starter. Winston is a turnover machine and Taysom has deficiencies in many areas needed to be a QB in the NFL. I think the QB situation will be a headache as they will likely start and/or take snaps situationally (redzone, short yardage). The saints should be trying to upgrade the position via fa or draft next year. I’d look to sell in all leagues unless you’re a contender with no QB depth
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:53 am

I am curious to see if Winston's eye surgery (Lasik) has any impact on his ability to cut down on turnovers. And/or improve his accuracy at least. 2021 will be the first time if I'm remembering correctly that we've had a chance to really get a look at him since he had the procedure performed.

I'm not expecting a massive transformation necessarily. But it's possible he looks like a better QB than what we last saw in Tampa. Agree that Hill will always be more of a package or gadget type of player. He just doesn't look very natural as a passer.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:04 pm

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-new-orlean ... nston-2021

https://247sports.com/Article/New-Orlea ... 167993157/

Taysom Hill as the starter starting to get more noise. Although admittedly this is my favorite headline of the bunch:

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editorial ... uarterback

'Jameis vs. Taysom' is the Most Important Position Battle in Saints History
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Traded MT in one league last week mostly due to the saints QB situation

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:21 am

Hill running as the first team QB. I think that's the way the Saints will go, with no MT. Hill offers more ability to create, and gives Payton a chance to scheme yards with the lack of outside playmakers.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:41 am

I think they will start out with a 60/40 Hill/Winston mix and by mid-season it will be a 80/20 Winston/Hill mix with Hill doing mostly goal line stuff.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:11 am

OkOk wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:41 am I think they will start out with a 60/40 Hill/Winston mix and by mid-season it will be a 80/20 Winston/Hill mix with Hill doing mostly goal line stuff.
I don't think so, I think Hill is the sole starter week 1. I think they give him a legit shot to see what he can do. He was 3-1 last year. If he improves at all, he gives them the best shot to win with the lack of options in the passing game. Neither of these guys are long terms starters, and the Saints will most likely be looking for their future QB next year, but I believe Hill will get a legit shot this year. We'll see how long that lasts.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:53 am

Sean Payton is getting too cocky. They'll never do anything significant with Taysom Hill starting at QB. He'll be a much-worse version of Lamar Jackson as a full-time starter.

Winston has a lot of tools and would give them a shot at a franchise QB if they can fix his deficiencies. He made too much sense as a flier for NO.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:33 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:53 am Sean Payton is getting too cocky. They'll never do anything significant with Taysom Hill starting at QB. He'll be a much-worse version of Lamar Jackson as a full-time starter.

Winston has a lot of tools and would give them a shot at a franchise QB if they can fix his deficiencies. He made too much sense as a flier for NO.
Winstoon isn't good, either. He's had 5 plus years to fix those. He's has a ten cent head, that won't change.

If he does play, he will be a backend QB 2 for FF, with the lack of weapons, and Hill vulturing red zone work.

We obviously don't know how it will play out, but there really isn't a historical precedent for starting a season with an almost even split, because the strategy isn't conducive to winning. It will be 1 or the other who gets the first shot. I will break down why I think it will be Hill.

1. Money. He's making more money.

2. Payton made a commitment to give Hill the first shot, and he did enough with limited reps and experience for them to win games. With a full off season of reps, he will have the chance to improve.

3. Hill'a dual threat ability gives them a better chance with the lack of receiving options. Payton can more easily manufacture yards with Hill.

4. Hill is taking the first team reps, as this point indicating he has the edge at this point. Regardless of what people think, if Winston had made that much of an impression on them, he'd be taking them before Hill.

I don't know how long it will last, but I definitely think Hill is getting the first shot. I don't think he's a long term answer, but neither is Winston. The idea he's a franchise QB is a pipe dream. I think Payton will do what it takes to try and eek out as many wins as he can this year, and I believe that he thinks that he can do that with Hill. By week 3 that could all be out the window, but I think barring injury, Hill is the week 1 starter.

EDIT: Winston took first team reps for the first time. I really think it will be a camp battle, but I expect Payton will go with Hill. We shall find out, it should be really interesting. I have no belief in either of these guys as a long term answer, but it's late July, and at least it's getting people talking!

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:40 am

Winston kinda getting shafted in some of these comments. Does he throw a bunch of interceptions? Heck yeah he does. He’s a gunslinger though, that’s sometimes the price you pay. Ask B. Favre. But in the right system, if he can cut down on a few of the bone headed plays, he can be a fantasy force. And I don’t see why S. Peyton couldn’t provide that system. Either way, Winston does have an elite arm, even if it’s attached to a knucklehead. And as far as pure QB talent is concerned, he’s head and shoulders above T. Hill. If it’s a true QB competition then Winston shouldn’t have any trouble winning it. But we all know Hill is Peyton’s pet project, so he will prob continue to get chances, at the expense of Winston and prob the Saints offense as a whole.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 am

With the cap situation, is Hill going to be the bridge guy next year? 19 million dead cap, to cut. 12 million cap hit. I know he's not a long term guy, but if he starts for a year he's a spot start in SF leagues with his rushing. With Payton gone, everything is shaken up. Winston's future looks dismal, with the rehab of a major knee injury and no contract, and no Payton now. What are the Saints doing at QB next year?

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 am With the cap situation, is Hill going to be the bridge guy next year? 19 million dead cap, to cut. 12 million cap hit. I know he's not a long term guy, but if he starts for a year he's a spot start in SF leagues with his rushing. With Payton gone, everything is shaken up. Winston's future looks dismal, with the rehab of a major knee injury and no contract, and no Payton now. What are the Saints doing at QB next year?
I think its going to come down to who the coach is. I wouldnt be surprised if the blew things up for a rebuild, even moving Kamara and his huge deadcap to someone like Buffalo just for rebuild ammo. That being said Hill seems mostly likely to be the guy IMO rebuilding or trying to contend because a coach will likely need some kind of plan for him to get the job.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 am With the cap situation, is Hill going to be the bridge guy next year? 19 million dead cap, to cut. 12 million cap hit. I know he's not a long term guy, but if he starts for a year he's a spot start in SF leagues with his rushing. With Payton gone, everything is shaken up. Winston's future looks dismal, with the rehab of a major knee injury and no contract, and no Payton now. What are the Saints doing at QB next year?
Have to think there's a high chance they draft a QB at 18 or move up for one. Hill might start the season, but probably won't end the season as starter.