FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Justin Jefferson #1 Dynasty WR?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:36 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:06 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:05 pm

I mean, I get the idea, but I'd think plenty of teams would offer a 2nd or 3rd for him. There's a handful of teams that will be looking and from what Ive heard the 22 QB class is not good
I have a tough time believing the Vikes owner would be OK with paying Cousins 66 million for 1 season of football unless the return they get in picks is substantial. Trading the guy away for a 4th would be a poor decision. He's worth more than that. Cousins is a good NFL QB who shouldn't be traded for peanuts, regardless of whether you think he's your future or not, you need to understand market value as a franchise for starting caliber NFL QB's when trading them away. I don't see what the Vikes have to replace him, either. No premium picks in a weak class.
I'm not sold it'll be for a 4th either. It might be a 2nd. Could be a 3rd. Could be multiple picks. I think the contract hinders the potential return, but it's not preposterous. I do think if he is moved he'll have to restructure his deal which could help things for everyone. Someone like a Denver or Carolina if they miss the top QBs could take a swing and do quite well.
Yeah, or even the Steelers as Valhalla said. I think there would be quite a few teams interested.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:05 pm

Lord knows that take will do anything for a stable QB. Miami paid a future first to move up 6 spots for Jalen Waddle. I know a rookie contact us way more beneficial than cousin's. But there should be a market for him if he really is in the block
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:25 pm

....... Cousins just threw for over 4k yards and 33+ tds in back to back seasons. A 4th? lmaooooooooooooooo

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:35 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:25 pm ....... Cousins just threw for over 4k yards and 33+ tds in back to back seasons. A 4th? lmaooooooooooooooo
and has had a passer rating of 103.1, 105, and 107.4 the last 3 seasons.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:22 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:25 pm ....... Cousins just threw for over 4k yards and 33+ tds in back to back seasons. A 4th? lmaooooooooooooooo
And has a 45 million dollar bowling ball strapped to his ankle. Stafford's contract was worth half of that. Oddly enough they're the same age, but 3 years of experience difference.

Whoever brought in the 4th was a bit exaggerated, but it won't be the haul the Lions received for Stafford.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am

Cousins is not a winner. That is the problem. Stats only tell part of the story. Salary cap number is a large part of building a team. Let’s say for example the best quarterback that’s ever lived Tom Brady had a salary of 90% of the salary cap would anybody actually want him at that price? Would you trade anything for him? Absolutely not because you couldn’t build an effective roster around that player. Cousins a solid NFL quarterback with an elite salary hit which means you cannot surround him with the kind of team he would need in order to be a Super Bowl contender.

The other part people forget to realize about draft picks is the fact that draft picks now come in with locked in reasonable salaries. One of the best ways to build a great team is by getting a bunch of good rookies on cheap contracts to fill in your roster. Or else you’re gonna get a potential pro ball player for a couple million dollars a year other than in the draft. The Vikings would not be trading a pro bowl quarterback for a fourth round draft pick. They would be trading a pro bowl quarterback and clearing $45 million in Space for a potential solid player at an extremely low salary. I am not saying they should do it but you have to consider the salary cap implications as a major part of the equation.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 am

lic217 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am Cousins is not a winner. That is the problem. Stats only tell part of the story. Salary cap number is a large part of building a team. Let’s say for example the best quarterback that’s ever lived Tom Brady had a salary of 90% of the salary cap would anybody actually want him at that price? Would you trade anything for him? Absolutely not because you couldn’t build an effective roster around that player. Cousins a solid NFL quarterback with an elite salary hit which means you cannot surround him with the kind of team he would need in order to be a Super Bowl contender. .
I disagree that Cousins isn't a winner, but I think you're on spot on otherwise. Cousins is a concrete B-level QB and in the NFL, B-level QBs are still worth a lot of money: Stafford, Ryan, etc.

You just have to get even luckier with the draft picks around them to build a contender. Unfortunately, Washington and Minnesota have not done a good job at that, so Cousins gets the blame for not carrying mediocre rosters to conference title games.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18 am

Cousins has held his own. You aren't going to win when your division is NFC North/GB. That's an uphill battle for anyone. Sadly though 2nd place isn't good enough especially when you're making 45mil.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

KAT
Starter
Starter

Postby KAT » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:19 pm

With Cousins, you have to take into account Zimmers terrible offensive philosophy. Cousins should be able to pass on first and 10 next year, Zimmer hated that. If you are bored, go look up how often the Vikings pass the ball via play action or regular passing on second in short. It is ridiculous.
12 team - Sflex PPR - TEP - Champion 2021-2022
Q(1-2)-Jackson, Dak, Lance, Love, Huntley
RB(2-4)-JT, Mixon, JK, Barkley
WR(3-5)-Chase, Hill, Diggs, Cooks, Hollywood, Aiyuk, Jeudy, T. Johnson, J. Washington, Reagor
TE(1-3)-Waller, Moreau, Tonyan
DL(3-4)- Burns, Davenport, Gregory
LB(3-4)-Kendricks, Okereke, JOK, Shaq, Bolton, Jamin, Gay
DB(3-4)-Dugger, Ryan, Amos, Deablo
2022 picks - none
2023 picks all of my own

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:12 pm

It's fantasy, Now I ask you; Do we really care if a QB wins a title?

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Cousins has finished as a QB 1 in 12 team leagues the last 2 years. Why wouldn't he next season with those weapons?

He may not be top 5 and no one is claiming that but he does put up close to 22 points on average. He is a legit safe starting NFL QB and a safe 10-12 fantasy QB which makes him QB1.

Starter in QB1 leagues and a vital starter in SF leagues.

Don't see a new coach hurting his value at all.

Bottom line is Jefferson is a stud and Cousins LOVES throwing him the rock!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:36 pm

lic217 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am Cousins is not a winner. That is the problem. Stats only tell part of the story. Salary cap number is a large part of building a team. Let’s say for example the best quarterback that’s ever lived Tom Brady had a salary of 90% of the salary cap would anybody actually want him at that price? Would you trade anything for him? Absolutely not because you couldn’t build an effective roster around that player. Cousins a solid NFL quarterback with an elite salary hit which means you cannot surround him with the kind of team he would need in order to be a Super Bowl contender.

The other part people forget to realize about draft picks is the fact that draft picks now come in with locked in reasonable salaries. One of the best ways to build a great team is by getting a bunch of good rookies on cheap contracts to fill in your roster. Or else you’re gonna get a potential pro ball player for a couple million dollars a year other than in the draft. The Vikings would not be trading a pro bowl quarterback for a fourth round draft pick. They would be trading a pro bowl quarterback and clearing $45 million in Space for a potential solid player at an extremely low salary. I am not saying they should do it but you have to consider the salary cap implications as a major part of the equation.
You also have to consider 66 million was guaranteed. There was a 30 million dollar signing bonus and his base salary last year was 21 million. Can't imagine the Vikes owner would move Cousins unless he's getting really good draft capital, or cash back. That's a lot of money to pay for 1 year of Cousins. Also, from what I can see, his 2022 salary is now fully guaranteed, so someone will either have to take that on, or convince Kirk to re-structure.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 pm

His contract was always fully guaranteed

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:25 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 pm His contract was always fully guaranteed

how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times. Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:25 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:25 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 pm His contract was always fully guaranteed

how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times. Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.
Tommy Boy. :lol: Nice.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:27 pm

His 2022 salary became fully guaranteed as of March 2021, not when he signed it. Injury guarantees were immediate.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-v ... sins-9915/