Justin Jefferson #1 Dynasty WR?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
vikesguy
Role Player
Role Player

Justin Jefferson

Postby vikesguy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm

is Justin Jefferson a must start from here on out? With the vikings defensive struggles and jefferson taking all the starter snaps from Bisi will he keep putting up numbers?
10 team 1PPR 32 man roster-- starting requirements 1QB+1superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/K/Def

QBs- zach wilson, Justin fields, jalen hurts
Rbs- Antonio gibson, ettiene, dobbins/ gus
WRs- higgins, Metcalf, jeudy, devonta smith, waddle, elijah moore, bateman, gabriel davis
TEs- kittle, pitts, jonnu Smith
2022 1st

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Justin Jefferson

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:31 pm

I mean after one game, I would say hes a must start.

if you want to play him and you have nothing better, I would be mad at you for it.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:39 pm

The Titans defense has given up 450+ yards in back to back games to Jax and Minny.

As good as Jefferson was yesterday it may also be a product of playing a bad defense that is without their best corner.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:52 pm

I had to start him all season so for me he is.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Vikings upcoming schedule:

@Texans
@Seahawks
vs. Falcons
@Packers
vs. Lions

That's a lot of beatable secondaries and Jefferson won't be facing primary coverage. I would definitely consider starting him if I didn't have many other options. He's really good. Smooth route runner and Minnesota is going to have to get into shootouts to have a chance at winning with their weakened secondary.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 pm

As long as he just isn't in the slot, I would think he would be safer to start from here on out .. if he loses snaps moves back inside, sit him .. And don't count on 30 fantasy pts every week :P
@PlankMelody

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:32 pm

One thing to consider, if the Vikings are missing practice due to Covid, that impacts prep for the game. I could see that being detrimental to offenses and rookies as a whole.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Justin Jefferson #1 Dynasty WR?

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:14 pm

I think we have enough of a sample size to say, Justin Jefferson is absolutely a stud. He is playing and winning outside, inside, and he is doing it with attention of the defense. He is 21 years old, a plus athlete, with top tier route running, and plenty of time to grow. The intangible though, is the attitude, the swagger.

I’m planting the flag, he is my dynasty WR #1. Why, or why not? We’ll keep the thread going as his career blossoms.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Justin Jefferson #1 Dynasty WR?

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Top Rookie? For sure in the conversation. But he is on the Vikings, who held back Diggs for years. Can't be the dynasty #1 WR if you don't feel good putting them into your line up every week.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm

You could make a good argument that he is WR #1 in the class, and his play/production certainly back that up. But I genuinely don't see any reasonable argument for having him as the dynasty WR #1. Simply put, he hasn't shown enough.

I think we have enough of a sample size to say, DK Metcalf is absolutely a stud. He is playing and winning outside, inside, and he is doing it with the attention of the defense. He is 22 years old, the best athlete, with *good* route running, and plenty of time to grow. The intangible though, is the attitude, the swagger.

I’m planting the flag, he is my dynasty WR #1.

This is something you can work with, though.

Edit: Also, I don't actually have him as my dynasty WR #1.
Last edited by Kmani6 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:30 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm Top Rookie? For sure in the conversation. But he is on the Vikings, who held back Diggs for years. Can't be the dynasty #1 WR if you don't feel good putting them into your line up every week.
I feel pretty great about starting Jefferson every week.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm You could make a good argument that he is WR #1 in the class, and his play/production certainly back that up. But I genuinely don't see any reasonable argument for having him as the dynasty WR #1. Simply put, he hasn't shown enough.

I think we have enough of a sample size to say, DK Metcalf is absolutely a stud. He is playing and winning outside, inside, and he is doing it with the attention of the defense. He is 22 years old, the best athlete, with *good* route running, and plenty of time to grow. The intangible though, is the attitude, the swagger.

How does Metcalf get a pass here? Jefferson didn’t have a full offseason, and doing more than Metcalf did his rookie year, with a lesser QB.

Year 9 of my league

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm

I'd probably rather have AJB and DK but I can see the case

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:45 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm You could make a good argument that he is WR #1 in the class, and his play/production certainly back that up. But I genuinely don't see any reasonable argument for having him as the dynasty WR #1. Simply put, he hasn't shown enough.

How does Metcalf get a pass here? Jefferson didn’t have a full offseason, and doing more than Metcalf did his rookie year, with a lesser QB.
So now we should judge all the current WR's based on their rookie years and compare those to Jefferson's? You are trying to make the case for the *current overall dynasty WR #1 *. Also, for the foreseeable future, Metcalf's QB is Wilson, and Jefferson's is Kirk, so yes QB situation does in fact matter.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:45 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm

So now we should judge all the current WR's based on their rookie years and compare those to Jefferson's? You are trying to make the case for the *current overall dynasty WR #1 *. Also, for the foreseeable future, Metcalf's QB is Wilson, and Jefferson's is Kirk, so yes QB situation does in fact matter.
There is a statistical correlation between rookie year success and long term success. As a 21 year old rookie, playing all WR positions, he is DOMINANT. He is not Juju playing just the slot, or Metcalf running just go routes on one side of the field his rookie year. Jefferson is by all measures, playing better than either to this point in their rookie seasons, and you can’t argue that. You are yet to make much of any argument, but I guess I have to pay the troll toll....

Year 9 of my league