Carson Wentz Thread: Reborn in Indy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GoBison90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Carson Wentz Thread: Reborn in Indy?

Postby GoBison90 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:33 am

A player being commonly mocked in the top 10, more specifically top 5; Why is he not being considered higher in a fantasy draft? Obviously my perspective may be skewed as a longtime Bison fan, but in a couple January mocks in this forum, he is going bottom of the 2nd round!! Cleveland likes him, San Diego likes him, Dallas likes him, San Fran likes him, LA likes him. He's a great QB for the future, and many NFL scouts have great praise for him. Hell, he has rose from unheard of by the masses to a top 5 overall pick.. He has to be somewhere in these drafts, if not, I'm going to get a steal in my league's drafts!

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Where is Wentz?

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:17 am

QB's aren't valued very highly in most Dynasty Leagues. If I remember correctly, guys like Mariota / Winston were also early-mid 2nd round picks last year.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:22 am

I still have my money on Goff, but I'm sure Wentz has some first round appeal in Superflex. Not so much in Standard or PPR

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 am

I think in superflex leagues Wentz/Goff/Lynch will all be gone by pick7/8 in my leagues. Guys like Cook/Hackenburg will be late 1st/early 2nds
QB's just carry their value so well..

I think Goff is a guy that should be gone by the mid-late 2nd in most 12 team start 1QB leagues. I mean you are probably looking at the tier3/4WR's and RB's so taking the top TE or QB should a move a guy is willing to make there. Guessing Wentz and Lynch will last a few more picks after that but where they land will be very important in 1QB leagues
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Bison
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Bison » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:01 am

I'm in a unique situation. I'm in a 16 person league with 6 pts for QB TDs, so QBs are little more valuable plus if you don't have a good QB they're hard to find with that many leaguemates. My league is also in ND and most are at least familiar with NDSU and most of us are fans. I'd say I'm prolly the biggest NDSU fan in the group.

I almost have to own him. I've watched every snap he's taken at least once most more than that. I was on to him a year ago, thinking this kid is NFL good. I own the 1.02 and 1.12 as well as the 2.02. 1.12, 2.02 are obvious areas to target him, but in my league it's possible he won't be there. 1.02 is too high, but I might pull the homer.

This will be takin with a grain of salt because of my fandom, but the kid is a really special player. I've laid out some of my thoughts in the college scouting forum in the Jared Goff thread, but the kid has everything you look for outside of where he played college ball.

GoBison90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby GoBison90 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:19 am

I am in the same boat as you, Bison

I have been on the Wentz bandwagon logns before mainstream media notices his skill and talent. You may want to trade down from 1.02, get a couple mid first rounders and take Wentz + other talent, because I don't really rate Treadwell that high

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:40 am

Bison wrote:I'm in a unique situation. I'm in a 16 person league with 6 pts for QB TDs, so QBs are little more valuable plus if you don't have a good QB they're hard to find with that many leaguemates. My league is also in ND and most are at least familiar with NDSU and most of us are fans. I'd say I'm prolly the biggest NDSU fan in the group.

I almost have to own him. I've watched every snap he's taken at least once most more than that. I was on to him a year ago, thinking this kid is NFL good. I own the 1.02 and 1.12 as well as the 2.02. 1.12, 2.02 are obvious areas to target him, but in my league it's possible he won't be there. 1.02 is too high, but I might pull the homer.

This will be takin with a grain of salt because of my fandom, but the kid is a really special player. I've laid out some of my thoughts in the college scouting forum in the Jared Goff thread, but the kid has everything you look for outside of where he played college ball.
As a fellow North Dakotan, but also an Dynasty League player, do not take him with the 1.02 either trade down or package 1.12/2.02 and move up.

If it helps any, I'm in a 20 team league where we can flex a QB and TDs are 6pts. He will be taken in the top 5, where idk
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:33 pm

I don't get what the appeal is with Wentz from a FF or NFL standpoint. Sure he looks the part and phyically has the tools but his stats are incredibly ho hum if not downright bad. NDSU is not only in the FCS but they win the title consistently so he also had superior talent around him almost every game compared to his opponent. Go compare his production to someone like Jimmy Garoppolo, who was a 2nd rounder, and tell my why Wentz should go in the 1st round let alone top 10. He's 3" taller, sure, but otherwise Garoppolo is the far superior prospect.

I think Wentz is going to fade over the coming months and Goff will become the unanimous #1 QB in this class. If Wentz goes off the board first, that GM should be fired immediately.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Eagles announce Wentz starter vs Browns

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:34 pm

So much for him not even dressing :lol:
@PlankMelody

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Eagles announce Wentz starter vs Browns

Postby DynoScout » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:47 pm

...just as I was starting to talk myself into taking the Eagles in my survivor pool. SCRATCH THAT IDEA

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Look like quite the genius if you get the Eagles out of the way week 1!
@PlankMelody

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Im pretty suprised i really thought they were going to make him sit even after the Bradford deal.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Looks like they're playing for the 1st pick of next years draft right out of the gate.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:00 pm

thebeast wrote:Looks like they're playing for the 1st pick of next years draft right out of the gate.
For the Browns...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
thebeast wrote:Looks like they're playing for the 1st pick of next years draft right out of the gate.
For the Browns...
How nice of them.