Carson Wentz Thread: Reborn in Indy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Wentz?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 pm

I think it's a lot simpler than you guys are making it out to be. They won a superbowl with a backup QB so they took a QB they thought could develop into a good backup if not even a good starter in the event of another Wentz injury.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 pm

Never owned him in any leagues. Always thought he would be a decent pro. He is that but he is not great. Think he processes information a bit slow for a QB.

Not a lot of creativity in that offense doesn't really help.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Ironic that the season the Eagles won the Super Bowl they were praised for their depth of talent in the roster, drafting, and great QB play. Right now, with the same front office, they look like they have none of that.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:39 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:41 pm I think the Eagles saw Taysom Hill/Lamar Jackson packages for Hurts when they took him in the 2nd round and not necessarily an every week starter.
Then they're morons. That's terrible usage of 2nd round draft capital for a gadget guy that plays a max of 10 snaps a game. No, they clearly thought the ceiling is higher than that for Hurts in their draft evaluation - or else the capital makes no sense.

There was plenty of team-speak when they made the pick that they took Hurts for the value. They believed that they could groom him because they have a "stable learning environment" and therefore would be able to either get value for him in a later trade, or eventually make him a starter. What's interesting there - is that in order for this to actually provide value, they will need to recoup a mid-2nd or better in compensation - OR make him their starting QB sooner than later, in order to ride the Rookie Contract window he would afford them... except they can't do that as currently constructed, because they're on the hook for Wentz until 2022 with no cap outs.

For all the plaudits we laude on Howie Roseman for building that Superbowl roster and being a generally pretty-good GM, he really has had some spectacular draft misses. This could be another one of those. I got this message from the Eagles fan in my life, just last night...
I honestly think most days about how the Eagles passed on dk one year for jjaw and then did the exact same thing with Jefferson the very next year. What the actual heck
Could be worse, I'm a Giants fan... :roll:
Haha your mate must be suicidal thinking like that, every team passed on Metcalf multiple times and its a bit early to call it on the current crop of rookies although Jefferson has looked amazing no doubt.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 am

Wentz wants out if he continues to be a backup- https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/305 ... ns-starter

Trading Wentz could net Eagles cap savings- https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagl ... er-report/

5 potential trade options (3 of which I agree)- https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/list ... eagles-qb/
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Hause24
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Hause24 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:24 am

I have feeling he links back up with Frank Reich in Indy next year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:35 am

Hause24 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:24 am I have feeling he links back up with Frank Reich in Indy next year.
If that happens, buy. Reich is a damn good coach and the Colts still have a talented offensive line

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:35 am
Hause24 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:24 am I have feeling he links back up with Frank Reich in Indy next year.
If that happens, buy. Reich is a damn good coach and the Colts still have a talented offensive line
I agree with this. They grab another talented WR and they are a real competitor next year with wentz and that defense. I think wentz has been over rated, but this would be the dream scenario for him.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:15 am

If I'm Indy, I'd rather pay a little more for Dak (if necessary) than gamble on Wentz.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:17 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:15 am If I'm Indy, I'd rather pay a little more for Dak (if necessary) than gamble on Wentz.
For sure, if both were available.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:32 am

Off to Denver, SF or Indy for Wentz.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 am

joeday wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:55 pm I’m still a Wentz truther. Name me a QB with as many injuries to his supporting cast, including OL, as Wentz has had over the years. Alshon, DJax, Ertz, Goedert, Raeger, Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Sanders. At one point he was throwing to Richard Rodgers, Greg Ward, Travis Fulgram with injuries across his OL. It’s honestly mind blowing he hasn’t gotten hurt.
Sounds like you're describing Bridgewater's Vikings years. So many injuries they were starting undrafted rookies on the OL.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:32 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:35 am
It is because Reich is a damn good coach this probably won't happen.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 am
joeday wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:55 pm I’m still a Wentz truther. Name me a QB with as many injuries to his supporting cast, including OL, as Wentz has had over the years. Alshon, DJax, Ertz, Goedert, Raeger, Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Sanders. At one point he was throwing to Richard Rodgers, Greg Ward, Travis Fulgram with injuries across his OL. It’s honestly mind blowing he hasn’t gotten hurt.
Sounds like you're describing Bridgewater's Vikings years. So many injuries they were starting undrafted rookies on the OL.
The problem I have with people making excuses for Carson is that when you have injuries you have to ADJUST based on what you have. Carson has not adjusted. And I actually dont think he is capable of adjusting in the way Jalen Hurts can. Carson isnt as physical gifted enough to use his mobility to evade pressure. But he also wasn’t making adjustments to the best of his capabilities either. He simply refused to change his approach in spite of everything happening around him. I’m sorry, but these injuries are not an excuse. Good QBs adjust and adapt.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:23 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:55 pm
Valhalla wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 am
The problem I have with people making excuses for Carson is that when you have injuries you have to ADJUST based on what you have. Carson has not adjusted. And I actually dont think he is capable of adjusting in the way Jalen Hurts can. Carson isnt as physical gifted enough to use his mobility to evade pressure. But he also wasn’t making adjustments to the best of his capabilities either. He simply refused to change his approach in spite of everything happening around him. I’m sorry, but these injuries are not an excuse. Good QBs adjust and adapt.
An elite QB can adjust to such big changes. No one is saying Wentz is elite though. In an average or good situation, he can flourish. Not going to carry a bad offense though. Much like Kirk Cousins.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.