Week 10

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 10

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:02 am

‘A lot of 10 catch games’? Let’s slow down a shade and enjoy his first quality performance. 10 catch games aren’t exactly common place. He’s not Michael Thomas and projecting he will that kind of volume guy is a stretch.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:57 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:37 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:10 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:03 pm

It felt like his breakout game would never come
this was the kind of game i expected from him on a regular basis. not many explosive plays but a lot of catches to keep moving the chains.

if he can keep doing this he will be an excellent return on your 2nd round investment.
He looks great. A very solid WR. Don't think he will be making any game breaking highlights , but that's not necessary when he can catch almost anything and is 6'4. I see a lot of 10 catch games in the future and he should have plenty of yardage with how he operates. You nailed it, he moves the chains.

Wonder how much he will be utilized in the red zone. I don't think he got any RZ targets last night? I remember some failed goal line rushes, a shovel pass to Pascal, some bad throws to Cox, TY had one or 2 targets down there as well. Hines got the one TD from 10+ out. Not a big deal, but Pittman is a big body, I'd think he would get some RZ looks
He's building a connection with Rivers which is great for this year, but will next year's QB utilize him the same way?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:57 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:10 pm

this was the kind of game i expected from him on a regular basis. not many explosive plays but a lot of catches to keep moving the chains.

if he can keep doing this he will be an excellent return on your 2nd round investment.
He looks great. A very solid WR. Don't think he will be making any game breaking highlights , but that's not necessary when he can catch almost anything and is 6'4. I see a lot of 10 catch games in the future and he should have plenty of yardage with how he operates. You nailed it, he moves the chains.

Wonder how much he will be utilized in the red zone. I don't think he got any RZ targets last night? I remember some failed goal line rushes, a shovel pass to Pascal, some bad throws to Cox, TY had one or 2 targets down there as well. Hines got the one TD from 10+ out. Not a big deal, but Pittman is a big body, I'd think he would get some RZ looks
He's building a connection with Rivers which is great for this year, but will next year's QB utilize him the same way?
I mean, I don't see why not. I don't think any QB would intentionally stay away from a big bodied receiver who can get open at short and intermediate levels of the field. He may not burn anyone deep for TD, but he's got the size and hands for contested catches. Doubt you see many deep balls from Rivers anyway.

Someone mentioned the large amounts of cap space they have next year. Dak would be a huge boost, but who knows if that would happen. Pretty sure he stays in DAL. However, I don't think anyone would be much of a downgrade from Rivers at this point.

The other question is, what does their receiving core look like next year as well? I doubt TY is back unless it's on a team friendly deal. His 14M cap hit this year will be used well elsewhere next year. Then there's who? Parris Campbell who's always hurt and Pascal is an RFA. I think it's very likely they sign or draft someone, but even then, Pittman is probably the 1 there next year.

I say all this owning 0 shares of him lol

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:30 am

SteelLake wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 am Disclaimer, didn’t watch game..:seemed like 2/3 of posts are how dumb colts are for not feeding JT. Looking at box scores, and uhhh- ok strategy?
Yeah keybOard Warriors sometimes forget that the box score means more to the actual teams that fantasy stats of those who aren’t in the stadium

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:04 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:57 am

I mean, I don't see why not. I don't think any QB would intentionally stay away from a big bodied receiver who can get open at short and intermediate levels of the field. He may not burn anyone deep for TD, but he's got the size and hands for contested catches. Doubt you see many deep balls from Rivers anyway.

Someone mentioned the large amounts of cap space they have next year. Dak would be a huge boost, but who knows if that would happen. Pretty sure he stays in DAL. However, I don't think anyone would be much of a downgrade from Rivers at this point.

The other question is, what does their receiving core look like next year as well? I doubt TY is back unless it's on a team friendly deal. His 14M cap hit this year will be used well elsewhere next year. Then there's who? Parris Campbell who's always hurt and Pascal is an RFA. I think it's very likely they sign or draft someone, but even then, Pittman is probably the 1 there next year.

I say all this owning 0 shares of him lol
Thanks for the in-depth perspective. Looks like you need to go find a few shares of him.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:18 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:30 am
SteelLake wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 am Disclaimer, didn’t watch game..:seemed like 2/3 of posts are how dumb colts are for not feeding JT. Looking at box scores, and uhhh- ok strategy?
Yeah, just a lot of whining in here.

AJB dropped a dime from Tanny for a long TD. Cost him his chance in what is always low volume that requires efficiency. He missed it this week.

Hines looked good all game and the Colts won, so they don’t care about JT and fantasy teams. The goal line and red zone work tells me all I need to know about who they think is their best option in the backfield. JT had some good plays though, just not for any tangible production. The only piece I don’t get is the Wilkins piece, but he’s part of the gameplan whether people like it or not.
Didn't get to watch - I assume got all the red zone usage? Anything to JT or Wilkins?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:38 am

dvpkwys wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:18 am

AJB dropped a dime from Tanny for a long TD. Cost him his chance in what is always low volume that requires efficiency. He missed it this week.

Hines looked good all game and the Colts won, so they don’t care about JT and fantasy teams. The goal line and red zone work tells me all I need to know about who they think is their best option in the backfield. JT had some good plays though, just not for any tangible production. The only piece I don’t get is the Wilkins piece, but he’s part of the gameplan whether people like it or not.
Didn't get to watch - I assume got all the red zone usage? Anything to JT or Wilkins?
JT got the first 2 goal to to situations and was stuffed. He had several short yardage situations, which seems like what they are comfortable with him in currently. just guessing, but I bet 6 of his runs were short yardage.

Hines and Wilkins also were largely ineffective in goal to go last night, outside of Hines TD run. Seems like the Oline is getting beat in many of those situations and JT couldn't make anyone miss.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:44 am

CGW wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:38 am
dvpkwys wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:18 am

JT got the first 2 goal to to situations and was stuffed. He had several short yardage situations, which seems like what they are comfortable with him in currently. just guessing, but I bet 6 of his runs were short yardage.

Hines and Wilkins also were largely ineffective in goal to go last night, outside of Hines TD run. Seems like the Oline is getting beat in many of those situations and JT couldn't make anyone miss.
My takeaway as well. I think JT was 2/3 on 4th and 1. One of those may have been 3rd and 1

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:58 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:03 pm
Nanananananana wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:54 pm Pittman looking good
It felt like his breakout game would never come
For some reason it wasn't talked about much, but compartment leg syndrome is a really serious injury. I was worried it'd altogether derail his rookie season, but maybe he'll put a streak together in the second half.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Week

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 am

Honest question, out of the 7 carries that J.Taylor had last night, was there even one carry where he didn’t have at least one or more Titan defender in the backfield? Maybe one, if I remember correctly. He didn’t even have a chance last night on his carries. I’m not saying that he hasn’t been too hesitant in some other games, but if anything, last night just proved to me that the Colts are fine with trotting out Hines or even Wilkins over a guy they took in the 2nd round, which is smart IRL but if they aren’t going to give him a chance to even get in a groove, then fantasy wise, yeah, he won’t be super productive. He had 9 touches, 2 nice catches for 25 yards and then 7 carries for 12, which is horrible but he was met in the backfield on 6 of those carries, not much anyone can do with that. He may or may not ever pan out, way too early to tell but it would be nice, “fantasy wise” if he could get a chance to get in a groove. I mean, they are trotting J.Wilkins out every couple of series and he doesn’t look good but there he is, why not let Taylor get a little more playing time, being a rookie and all, it seems like it would be the smart thing to do if you’ve spent a 2nd round pick on him. The Colts are winning though so I doubt it will change, plus they have a coach that seems to like to use 3 RBs every game. Personally, I have him in a few leagues where I will have a tough decision on whether to start him or not but I also have him in some leagues where he was a “luxury” pick, so I will just leave him on the bench until I see something different. Honestly, for all the grief that J.Taylor gets from people, really, none of the top 4 rookie RBs have looked like world beaters, so maybe this RB class was overhyped?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:44 pm

The wrong ones where hyped, hahaha. We all should've been drafting James Robinson with a top 5 pick, then grabbing a few WRs before circling back to Swift & Gibson :lol:

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:00 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:44 pm The wrong ones where hyped, hahaha. We all should've been drafting James Robinson with a top 5 pick, then grabbing a few WRs before circling back to Swift & Gibson :lol:
haha seriously. JT is the only back getting trashed. CEH has 8 (46yds), 6 (21), and 5 (14) carries the past 3 weeks - saved by a TD but that's not making me excited either where I have him. It's a strange season, and with little to no offseason for the rookies, I need to wait and see.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:05 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:44 pm The wrong ones where hyped, hahaha. We all should've been drafting James Robinson with a top 5 pick, then grabbing a few WRs before circling back to Swift & Gibson :lol:
Like some others, I own all of them in one place or another but I will admit that I own more Taylor than the others but I own quite a few of Dobbins & Akers and few of Swift, Gibson, J.Robinson, only two of CEH. I can’t say that any of them have looked elite but it’s still way early, it just seems like Taylor is catching the most heat.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Pittman was a guy i wanted Bad in my draft but traded the pick away and didnt get a chance to get him. I ended up trading a hurt Sutton in week 3 for Pittman and Nkeal Harry (yuck to harry). I have since parted ways with harry. So i guess we wont have any idea what the outcome of this trade will be until next season. I love Pittman but i think the Sutton side will win this one. Pittman will most likely be a very steady player who will be very consistent but not go off, Sutton i think will be more than that. With all of that said i am happy about last night and if pittman can be a Keenan Allen light, like some have said, i will be very very happy.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:34 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:05 pm
Like some others, I own all of them in one place or another but I will admit that I own more Taylor than the others but I own quite a few of Dobbins & Akers and few of Swift, Gibson, J.Robinson, only two of CEH. I can’t say that any of them have looked elite but it’s still way early, it just seems like Taylor is catching the most heat.
I think that Taylor feels the most heat because of the sky-high expectations as soon as Marlon Mack went down.