2020 value changes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2020 value changes

Postby jordanzs » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:03 pm

M-Dub wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:00 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:33 pm QB: Lamar will fall to around 5 and Herbert will be top 10.
Agree on Herbert, but that seems a little reactionary for Lamar. He hasn’t even turned 24 yet. Who do you see ranked above him? Mahomes, of course, and probably Kyler too at this point, but after that it gets sketchy. Watson maybe? Russ is playing lights out, but he’ll be 32 in a couple weeks. Dak will be 28 and coming off of a gruesome injury that could affect his mobility. Burrow has looked good, but I wouldn’t put him close to Lamar yet. And I’m going down with the #neverJoshAllen ship. If anyone wants to take him before Lamar, have at it. I just don’t see him dropping lower than 3rd, maybe 4th at worst. Any more than that and he’d be a steal.
LJax might've just peaked and overachieved in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if that year was just a perfect storm and 2020 is more of the norm although maybe some years will be better.

I have him in 3 leagues so I'm hoping he can return to greatness but I'm not counting on it.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:37 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:33 pm QB: Lamar will fall to around 5 and Herbert will be top 10.
Agree on Herbert, but that seems a little reactionary for Lamar. He hasn’t even turned 24 yet. Who do you see ranked above him? Mahomes, of course, and probably Kyler too at this point, but after that it gets sketchy. Watson maybe? Russ is playing lights out, but he’ll be 32 in a couple weeks. Dak will be 28 and coming off of a gruesome injury that could affect his mobility. Burrow has looked good, but I wouldn’t put him close to Lamar yet. And I’m going down with the #neverJoshAllen ship. If anyone wants to take him before Lamar, have at it. I just don’t see him dropping lower than 3rd, maybe 4th at worst. Any more than that and he’d be a steal.
I'd say the argument could be made that he's #5. Mahomes, Murray are probably 1,2. I'd have no issues with anyone that had Watson, Dak, Lamar in any order.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:39 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:03 pm
LJax might've just peaked and overachieved in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if that year was just a perfect storm and 2020 is more of the norm although maybe some years will be better.

I have him in 3 leagues so I'm hoping he can return to greatness but I'm not counting on it.
Overachieved, sure, but I don't think he's peaked. Very hard to judge him with the weapons he's currently working with. Baltimore arguably has one of the worst receiving core/weapons in the entire league.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Some laughable takes here. I like Metcalf and Brown, but i'm not ready to crown them the top 2 WR's when neither have finished a season as a top 5 WR. Projection is dangerous, see Moore, DJ of the Carolina Panthers.

I think Diggs is one of the biggest risers, and agree with the other poster. Talent wise, he is top 5 in the NFL at WR (all the deep analytics and film guys pretty much agree), and he is finally the undisputed #1 in his offense. At only 26 years old (soon to be 27), i'm all in on him ascending.

I do think Metcalf and Brown were basically 2nd or 3rd round startup picks at worst heading into this season, so think they will ascend overall, where as Diggs was generally ranked lower (so larger delta covered).

Scary Terry ascending massively.

CEH and Taylor probably fall from their first round startup ADP, but not outside the 2nd.

I think Mixon falls.

Swiift should rise when AP retires (if he ever does). Kerryon isn't doing enough.

Amari Cooper is going to freefall because of the talent around him.

Zeke will fall during season, and bounce back before the start of the 21 season.

Saquon will bounce the same way.

Fant may break into the top 3 TE's.

Godwin will take a small slide.

OBJ will freefall and only become worth a 2nd.

DJ Chark will rise as he puts the JAGS on his back.

Claypool and Diontae rise when Juju leaves in 21.

Christian Kirk will rise with rumors that Larry Fitz will retire.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Overachieved, sure, but I don't think he's peaked. Very hard to judge him with the weapons he's currently working with. Baltimore arguably has one of the worst receiving core/weapons in the entire league.
I remember Cam's rookie year being amazing. 2011 I think. He regressed from there but also had some more good years like 2015. Even with more receivers on the Ravens, it's possible that LJax2019 = Cam2011. If that's not correct, I'll be happy as I'll ride him to some titles. But if it is, I won't be surprised.

If I was in a 2021 startup, I would take Mahomes, Kyler, Wilson before him. I'll put him in the next tier of QBs personally meaning someone else will take him & I'll grab a QB later.

That's just me though...

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:43 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:35 pm If I was in a 2021 startup, I would take Mahomes, Kyler, Wilson before him. I'll put him in the next tier of QBs personally meaning someone else will take him & I'll grab a QB later.

That's just me though...
The thing with that, that would be the ultimate buy high on an aging Wilson. He was always a solid QB1, but its unlikely he puts up these type of numbers again imo. I'd rather buy low on Lamar at that point.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:09 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:35 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:39 pm

I remember Cam's rookie year being amazing. 2011 I think. He regressed from there but also had some more good years like 2015. Even with more receivers on the Ravens, it's possible that LJax2019 = Cam2011. If that's not correct, I'll be happy as I'll ride him to some titles. But if it is, I won't be surprised.

If I was in a 2021 startup, I would take Mahomes, Kyler, Wilson before him. I'll put him in the next tier of QBs personally meaning someone else will take him & I'll grab a QB later.

That's just me though...
I agree with you on that one. I would easily take those guys over LJax in 2021 startups, maybe even consider Watson, Dak over him.

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kuphal_99 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:33 am

Dallas Goedert should be on the risers list. I think Ertz is gone next year, they explored trading him before he got hurt. Philly throws to the TE a ton. With Ertz out of the picture I think Goedert is top 5 and I wouldn’t feel bad putting him #3 behind Kelce and Kittle.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Dak, Wentz
RB-Zeke, Chubb, J Taylor, D Henderson, C Patterson, Pollard, J Wilson, Ty’son Williams
WR-Adams, Hill, Diggs, Boyd, A Brown, A Robinson, AJ Green
TE-Kittle, Goedert,
K-Butker