The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: RB to get now for 2021

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 am

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 am
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 am

Yeah I agree with both of these takes. I was going to make a move for a RB like this but I decided to just hold my picks until we’re closer to the draft and rookie fever starts to kick in. The thing is, the picks are guaranteed to increase in value. These guys are not.
I disagree.

I just traded Coleman and a 2021 4th for Harris....meanwhile earlier in the season (when I needed help rebuilding at RB) I traded Brady for Michel and that 4th...so basically I traded Brady/Coleman for Michel/Harris....which, from a dynasty perspective is super cheap. I wouldn’t trade a 1st round pick or high 2nd for any names like these unless I was sure they could turn out to be like Turner, Thomas Jones, or Marshawn Lynch - which I think Fournette could easily be like..
Not trying to argue with you but I’m not really sure what point this proves... the fact that someone gave you Michel+ for Brady in a 1 QB league, and then Harris for Coleman+ just says to me that you got 2 good deals. It also tells me that the pick increased in value somewhat. Not sure how this means you disagree with what we were saying.
I was disagreeing that [all] picks are guaranteed to increase in value. I think that based on how the NFL draft shakes out that statement is only true for a specific range of the earlier picks. But I think there’s a cutoff where some picks ultimately become much less valuable than originally thought (most likely back end of the 1st but definitely the 3rds and 4ths).
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:30 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 am
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 am

I disagree.

I just traded Coleman and a 2021 4th for Harris....meanwhile earlier in the season (when I needed help rebuilding at RB) I traded Brady for Michel and that 4th...so basically I traded Brady/Coleman for Michel/Harris....which, from a dynasty perspective is super cheap. I wouldn’t trade a 1st round pick or high 2nd for any names like these unless I was sure they could turn out to be like Turner, Thomas Jones, or Marshawn Lynch - which I think Fournette could easily be like..
Not trying to argue with you but I’m not really sure what point this proves... the fact that someone gave you Michel+ for Brady in a 1 QB league, and then Harris for Coleman+ just says to me that you got 2 good deals. It also tells me that the pick increased in value somewhat. Not sure how this means you disagree with what we were saying.
I was disagreeing that [all] picks are guaranteed to increase in value. I think that based on how the NFL draft shakes out that statement is only true for a specific range of the earlier picks. But I think there’s a cutoff where some picks ultimately become much less valuable than originally thought (most likely back end of the 1st but definitely the 3rds and 4ths).
Ohh ok got it. Thanks for clarifying.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:19 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am This thread reminded me of the 2018/19 offseason where everyone was suggesting to grab Tevin Coleman because he was a free agent and would finally be out from under Freeman's shadow. His price ended up skyrocketing to a mid first before he ever played a down in SF. Never paid off.

That said there's always massive potential on getting ahead of the curve to acquire players who might have more opportunity. The main key is the price (is it actually a discount). A close second would be what do we already know about a player that has limited their value to date.
I get your point... Michael Turner a year early was glorious! A good example of massive potential realised

wesurug
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wesurug » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:44 am

JRob would be on the bottom of my list to buy right now. Seems like a lock, but you could very well be extremely burnt by the assets you trade to get him. We have no clue what's going to happen with that team next year.
2020 Champion!

12 Team PPR: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX

QB: Prescott, Watson, Newton, Darnold
RB: J. Taylor, A. Gibson, J. Mixon, JD Mckissic, S. Perine, X. Jones, Guice
WR: S. Diggs, AJ Brown, J. Jeudy, Lazard, J. Reynolds, D. Mims, D. Mooney, B. Edwards, Wilkerson
TE: I. Smith, Jarwin, Firkser
K: Zuerlein
DEF: BAL, NYJ

(Temporary 5 slot increase in off-season).
(2022 will be adding another Flex)

2021 Picks: 2.07, 3.10
2022 Picks: My 1st, My 2nd, My 3rd
2023 Picks: My 1st, My 2nd, My 3rd

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Buy High - A. Ekeler & A. Gibson. Will take more than that late 1st, but I think there's still a decent buying window for both of these guys. Ekeler because of his injury, and I have no clue why Gibson isn't a dynasty top12 RB right now.

Buy Medium - C. Edmonds & D. Harris. Think there's a ~50% chance these guys enter 2021 as their team's respective starter, and both offer tremendous upside and at least some semblance of a usable floor. Edmonds, in particular, is a sneaky candidate to jump into an RB #1 next year (I don't think ARI re-signs Drake & they have more pressing needs on the OL & DEF to draft a RB early).

Buy Low - T. Pollard, P. Lindsay, K. Vaughn. I'm not sure there's a path to Pollard being a starting RB in 2021, but I'm fully convinced he's a top20 RB in the NFL. Lindsay was great the last 2 years, has massively outperformed Gordon, and both of their futures are unsettled. With Vaughn, we've seen rookie RBs struggle in year 1 only to take a leap forward in year 2 (Jones & Henderson this year).
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:15 pm

What do folks think about Jamaal Williams?

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 pm

I still think its Akers... He's likely not even fully healed from the separated rib cartilage earlier in the season. He's only now just starting to take his shares of the offense back.

2021 no Malcom Brown Akers can do enough in a 2-way split

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:57 am

Pollard is under contract for the 2022 season as well. At which time he'll be 26 years old. While he has flashed some skill short of a trade out of Dallas in not sure he ever gets his chance.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson