General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: RB to get now for 2021

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:07 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:16 pm
lic217 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 pm Now is not the time to be trying to buy running backs for next year. They are so dependent on situation and competition I would not want to try to predict who is going to be a good running back for next year. Anyone that you would buy now will be the same price in the spring if not cheaper.
I agree. I remember people spending 1sts on James White and Alex Collins.

Buying guys like JRob, Fournette and Carson for next year is risky at current prices.

I can get on board with taking flyers on Penny, Edmonds, J. Williams, and other backups for cheap
What would you expect to pay for Williams?
Id think a late 2nd could get you J. Williams in most places. Not necessarily saying I'd pay that, but if you want to take a chance Jones doesn't resign, might be worth it

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:27 pm

TD41 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:01 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:59 am JK Dobbins
I think for every reason we like Dobbins we have to like Akers.

Akers is the only back anywhere near Dobbins athletically speaking from this class.
The difference is I think Dobbins is good at the RB posiition. Akers seems like a never gonna make it guy to me
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:33 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Akers is the only back anywhere near Dobbins athletically speaking from this class.
The difference is I think Dobbins is good at the RB posiition. Akers seems like a never gonna make it guy to me
Based on?

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:07 pm
dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:16 pm

I agree. I remember people spending 1sts on James White and Alex Collins.

Buying guys like JRob, Fournette and Carson for next year is risky at current prices.

I can get on board with taking flyers on Penny, Edmonds, J. Williams, and other backups for cheap
What would you expect to pay for Williams?
Id think a late 2nd could get you J. Williams in most places. Not necessarily saying I'd pay that, but if you want to take a chance Jones doesn't resign, might be worth it
Thanks. I was shot down on a mid second. This reinforced my line of thinking on his value.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:00 pm Travis Etienne
Unless something significant happens, he's going top 5

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:45 am

Who’s giving up Dobbins for a late 1st? If so, tell that person to quit dynasty while you make that theft.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:12 am

ckrumm24 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:45 am
Who’s giving up Dobbins for a late 1st? If so, tell that person to quit dynasty while you make that theft.
Right? I've had people come for my share with really bad offers.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:23 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:33 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Based on?
based on the tape I saw in college I had Dobbins as a top tier running back prospects and I did not have cam in my top 10 overall for dynasty draft. I had significant concerns about Cam . I didn’t see what everybody else saw with him.

jimmy jr.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jimmy jr. » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:09 am

Dobbins won't be cheap , but Chase Edmonds , i think is at the top of my list.
Full Dynasty for (34 yrs.) 10 Teams ppr R. Wilson, K. Murray , W. Levis , K. Cousins.

./ , A. Kamara, S. Barkley , N. Harris , K. Williams, G. Edwards, K. Miller/. ,Godwin, .DK , A.J. Brown, C. Olave, T. Burks, M. Mims, Tank Dell / M. Andrews, T. McBride, D. Waller. / H. Buckner , J . Moody / Patriots & Rams .

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 am

Was able to grab Snell for a mid 3rd.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

BellCow
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BellCow » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 am

Eno Benjamin/Chase Edmonds
Benny Snell/Anthony McFarland
Ke'Shawn Vaughn
Rashaad Penny
Tarik Cohen
Gus Edwards
Joshua Kelley

Cheaper RBs to acquire and stash for 2021

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am

This thread reminded me of the 2018/19 offseason where everyone was suggesting to grab Tevin Coleman because he was a free agent and would finally be out from under Freeman's shadow. His price ended up skyrocketing to a mid first before he ever played a down in SF. Never paid off.

That said there's always massive potential on getting ahead of the curve to acquire players who might have more opportunity. The main key is the price (is it actually a discount). A close second would be what do we already know about a player that has limited their value to date.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:28 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am This thread reminded me of the 2018/19 offseason where everyone was suggesting to grab Tevin Coleman because he was a free agent and would finally be out from under Freeman's shadow. His price ended up skyrocketing to a mid first before he ever played a down in SF. Never paid off.

That said there's always massive potential on getting ahead of the curve to acquire players who might have more opportunity. The main key is the price (is it actually a discount). A close second would be what do we already know about a player that has limited their value to date.
The reality is heading into the end of the season the hot FA guy is rarely the guy we thought it was going to be. Jerrick McKinnon was way down the list of guys people were grabbing as potential for the following year, and then he was the one that landed in the great spot and got a huge value boost.

Then Coleman was the guy everyone wanted in week 10 of his contract year, and meh. Then Yeldon everyone wanted during his last year in Jax, thinking he'd land a lead gig in a good spot somewhere the following year, etc. People were actually trading a 1st for TJ Yeldon midway through his last year in Jax somewhat for his occasional start when Fournette lost his cool and got disciplined, but mainly for his status as an impending UFA at the end of the year.

I guess there is something to be said for loading up with a bunch of darts just on the chance that one of them lands in a great spot or gets a lead role. But the guy everyone is lusting after at this point in the season is rarely the guy that actually gets the big boost for next year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:28 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am This thread reminded me of the 2018/19 offseason where everyone was suggesting to grab Tevin Coleman because he was a free agent and would finally be out from under Freeman's shadow. His price ended up skyrocketing to a mid first before he ever played a down in SF. Never paid off.

The reality is heading into the end of the season the hot FA guy is rarely the guy we thought it was going to be. Jerrick McKinnon was way down the list of guys people were grabbing as potential for the following year, and then he was the one that landed in the great spot and got a huge value boost.

Then Coleman was the guy everyone wanted in week 10 of his contract year, and meh. Then Yeldon everyone wanted during his last year in Jax, thinking he'd land a lead gig in a good spot somewhere the following year, etc. People were actually trading a 1st for TJ Yeldon midway through his last year in Jax somewhat for his occasional start when Fournette lost his cool and got disciplined, but mainly for his status as an impending UFA at the end of the year.

I guess there is something to be said for loading up with a bunch of darts just on the chance that one of them lands in a great spot or gets a lead role. But the guy everyone is lusting after at this point in the season is rarely the guy that actually gets the big boost for next year.
Lol I remember the Yeldon hype. He had some at the time he was drafted of course and then Im pretty sure most wrote him off after a year or 2. Then it seemed like everyone was super high on him again randomly that last year in JAX (2018?) I mean he was doing alright and catching passes but it was nothing impressive and he had no competition. Was one of the strangest valuations of a player I can remember

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm

I think Sony Michel (2018 1st round pick)/Damien Harris (2019/3rd round pick) are both flying under the radar at the moment even though it’s clear they are the future ground game in NE. I think that will be worth noting because I believe the Patriots will go back to the basics and develop a run heavy offense around Cam owned/or whatever rookie QB they bring on in the near future. I’d advise grabbing them both as I think they will both come super cheap.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)