AJ Brown or DJ Moore?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: AJ Brown or DJ Moore?

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:14 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:04 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:44 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:14 am I love AJB, think his ceiling is massive. I think DJM has a low floor and a not large ceiling at all. There is no domino effect here this is just how i have always felt. Im sorry if the term ridiculous question came off bad, but i just dont think the two are even close. I do think they are light years apart. DJM has a steady High WR2 ceiling on average for his future. AJB has a very high WR1 ceiling for his future and to me thats light years apart. Id give AJB the edge over Dk and i have DK so im biased there. I get i sound Hot Takey right now, but its just what i think.
If you had DJM, how much would you add to get AJB?
A first, no question, which to me is light years apart.
I'm very high on AJB (I believe he and DK have solidified their case to be perennial WR1s at this point).. he's really not a guy I'm going to sell without an overpay.

DJ Moore's in a tier below that for me. He's comparable to the exploding rookies -- Justin Jefferson, Cee Dee Lamb. Obviously what he did last year was very impressive. He's got the draft capital, the athleticism, the college dominance, and the year 2 break out.

You want both of these guys. Perhaps those that think this is close are simply underrating how good AJB is? He's a 22 year old stud tethered to a much better QB for the foreseeable future.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:26 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:14 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:44 am

If you had DJM, how much would you add to get AJB?
I'm very high on AJB (I believe he and DK have solidified their case to be perennial WR1s at this point).. he's really not a guy I'm going to sell without an overpay.

DJ Moore's in a tier below that for me. He's comparable to the exploding rookies -- Justin Jefferson, Cee Dee Lamb. Obviously what he did last year was very impressive. He's got the draft capital, the athleticism, the college dominance, and the year 2 break out.

You want both of these guys. Perhaps those that think this is close are simply underrating how good AJB is? He's a 22 year old stud tethered to a much better QB for the foreseeable future.
They're both 23

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:26 am

They're both 23
:lol: I see, point still remains.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:56 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:26 am

They're both 23
:lol: I see, point still remains.
I agree. The main thing separating the 2 is situation. And in dynasty, that can change very quickly. I'll gladly take a 1st for the slight downgrade

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:10 am

I feel like the people saying DJM isnt a WR1/doesn't have a high ceiling are watching a different player (or not watching him). He's had some very, very i impressive plays to my eyes. DJM takes a hit in my eyes due to situation, but I think hes every bit as talented as AJB.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am

hoos89 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:10 am I feel like the people saying DJM isnt a WR1/doesn't have a high ceiling are watching a different player (or not watching him). He's had some very, very i impressive plays to my eyes. DJM takes a hit in my eyes due to situation, but I think hes every bit as talented as AJB.
I have a ton of shares of both of these guys.. and I love me some DJ Moore.. but AJB is on another level.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am

hoos89 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:10 am I feel like the people saying DJM isnt a WR1/doesn't have a high ceiling are watching a different player (or not watching him). He's had some very, very i impressive plays to my eyes. DJM takes a hit in my eyes due to situation, but I think hes every bit as talented as AJB.
I think AJB is a slightly better player, but Moore is still really good. On a few teams, I have AJB, DK, and DJM, and I'd have a tough time deciding which one I'd trade if I had to move one. Also have Terry on one of those teams, and he's only slightly below them for me, due to age, but I think he's every bit as talented as a guy like DJM.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm

Like both, own one or both in most leagues.

so DJ has been a bit disappointing this year so I understand. But I’d have guessed the consensus on this board was DJ>AJ in the preseason. Or at least much closer. I’d take a first on top easily.

A word on DJs situation though, I feel like Anderson doesn’t quite get the respect he deserves either. He’s not a bum. The idea of dinging DJ because he can’t ascend past him is a little odd to me: first off Anderson is a decent WR, and second, that’s a coach/QB thing also, as others have commented. By no means have I seen anything to tell me that DJ *cant* grow into an ‘alpha’ WR1.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:07 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm Like both, own one or both in most leagues.

so DJ has been a bit disappointing this year so I understand. But I’d have guessed the consensus on this board was DJ>AJ in the preseason. Or at least much closer. I’d take a first on top easily.

A word on DJs situation though, I feel like Anderson doesn’t quite get the respect he deserves either. He’s not a bum. The idea of dinging DJ because he can’t ascend past him is a little odd to me: first off Anderson is a decent WR, and second, that’s a coach/QB thing also, as others have commented. By no means have I seen anything to tell me that DJ *cant* grow into an ‘alpha’ WR1.
Most people aren't saying he *can't* grow into an Alpha. They're saying that it makes not sense to value him similarly to a guy who *is* an alpha.

I had AJBever so slightly over DJM in the preseason (and while it was close, that was mostly because I assumed DJM entered the season in the better situation for passing volume).

Preseason assessments probably shouldn't drive your evaluations too much. Plenty of players that have moved up considerably and fallen considerably after this season of play. Just look at DK, Diontae Johnson, Stefon Diggs, Robby Anderson, and Juju / Mike Evans.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:52 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:07 pm
honcho55 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 pm Like both, own one or both in most leagues.

Most people aren't saying he *can't* grow into an Alpha. They're saying that it makes not sense to value him similarly to a guy who *is* an alpha.

I had AJBever so slightly over DJM in the preseason (and while it was close, that was mostly because I assumed DJM entered the season in the better situation for passing volume).

Preseason assessments probably shouldn't drive your evaluations too much. Plenty of players that have moved up considerably and fallen considerably after this season of play. Just look at DK, Diontae Johnson, Stefon Diggs, Robby Anderson, and Juju / Mike Evans.
I agree with this. My take is AJB over DJM, and it's more about being pro AJB than anti DJM.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:06 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:52 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:07 pm

I agree with this. My take is AJB over DJM, and it's more about being pro AJB than anti DJM.
DJM isn't being treated by an alpha by his new coach, but he's already proven he can be one. 86 catches for almost 1200 yards in 14 games as a 22 year old says he can. If the issue is he isn't being treated as one, I understand that, but he's already proven he can do it and produce.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Corey Davis getting the Robby Anderson treatment

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:52 pm Corey Davis getting the Robby Anderson treatment
Key difference here is that AJB is still absorbing the defensive focus

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:05 am

AJB year 1 > Moore year 1
AJB year 1 = Moore year 2
AJB year 2 > Moore year 3
AJB #1 on team > Moore #2 on team (currently)
Tannehill > Bridgewater

Both are studs and will be future studs but who knows when will Moore situation change? I'll take AJB cause his situation, usage, and qb seems to be stable, instead of hoping Moore situation gets better in 1-3 years.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am

Straycatz2 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:05 am AJB year 1 > Moore year 1
AJB year 1 = Moore year 2
AJB year 2 > Moore year 3
AJB #1 on team > Moore #2 on team (currently)
Tannehill > Bridgewater

Both are studs and will be future studs but who knows when will Moore situation change? I'll take AJB cause his situation, usage, and qb seems to be stable, instead of hoping Moore situation gets better in 1-3 years.
Altho i dont disagree with your points I believe one of the things DJ moore supporters hang thier hat on is age.

Age 21
DJ 55, 788, 2 plus 13, 172 rushing
AJ still in college

Age 22
DJ 87, 1175, 4 plus 6, 40 rushing
AJ 52, 1051, 8 plus 3, 60, 1 rushing

Age 23
DJ 33, 622, 3 (8 games) Y/G 77.8
AJ 27, 356, 5 (5 games) Y/G 71.2

I have AJ slightly ahead on talent and in a better situation but production hasnt been that different other than TDs
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex