AJ Brown or DJ Moore?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: AJ Brown or DJ Moore?

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 am
lic217 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:04 pm AJ Brown outperformed Metcalf in college and therefore I would imagine if they had equal quarterback play and an equal systems he would still outperform him. AJ Brown is the more versatile wide receiver with better run after the catchability. Let’s not kid ourselves. AJ Brown is in a decent situation and he’s going off, DK Metcalf is in the best possible situation and he is taking full advantage but I’m not sure he would be as successful in Tennessee. Metcalf is incredible but AJ Brown is still slightly ahead for me.
Not really.

Both are great players but the system they came out of was high school level. When situation is discussed the first stat to look at is Targets per game. It is a myth at this point that DK's situation is great compared to Brown's. Wilson is a better QB but he also spreads the ball around more because he doesn't have the same quality run game. Tannehill is no slouch either putting the ball on target.

These two are going to be fun to watch for years.
:thumbup:

100%. It's a bit unfair to say AJB outperformed DK in college given that DK suffered so many injuries. Thankfully that issue hasn't reared it's ugly head in the NFL. I think it's clear to anyone that's watched them that both are special, special talents.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:53 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:48 pm The gap widens.
Only if you box score scout.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:53 pm
Are you not concerned that he's now been passed by Robby Anderson, and Curtis Samuel?

As a DJ Moore owner... I'm kind of freaking out

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:23 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 pm
Are you not concerned that he's now been passed by Robby Anderson, and Curtis Samuel?

Yeah I even with how he's looked on the field and say djms value is nuetral to entering the year I don't know how you can say the gap hasn't widened purely off what AJB has done this year

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:24 pm

I would be concerned if I owned Moore as well.
He is good but never really believed in him as long term legit #1.

Samuel has really found his home in that system. He isn’t a legit WR1 but he is really impressive as a versatile weapon. His upside many thought he had coming out is showing in their system.

Plays really hard. He has actually been inspiring IMO.

This team is really on the rise.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 am
lic217 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:04 pm AJ Brown outperformed Metcalf in college and therefore I would imagine if they had equal quarterback play and an equal systems he would still outperform him. AJ Brown is the more versatile wide receiver with better run after the catchability. Let’s not kid ourselves. AJ Brown is in a decent situation and he’s going off, DK Metcalf is in the best possible situation and he is taking full advantage but I’m not sure he would be as successful in Tennessee. Metcalf is incredible but AJ Brown is still slightly ahead for me.
Not really.

Both are great players but the system they came out of was high school level. When situation is discussed the first stat to look at is Targets per game. It is a myth at this point that DK's situation is great compared to Brown's. Wilson is a better QB but he also spreads the ball around more because he doesn't have the same quality run game. Tannehill is no slouch either putting the ball on target.

These two are going to be fun to watch for years.
:thumbup:

100%. It's a bit unfair to say AJB outperformed DK in college given that DK suffered so many injuries. Thankfully that issue hasn't reared it's ugly head in the NFL. I think it's clear to anyone that's watched them that both are special, special talents.
I think it’s very fair to say that he outperformed him. Now if you want to explain it because of injuries you can but AJ Brown caught almost 3 times the amount of balls and also over double the yards.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Samuel has really found his home in that system. He isn’t a legit WR1 but he is really impressive as a versatile weapon. His upside many thought he had coming out is showing in their system.

I feel like DJM could easily do what Samuel is... Seems like they just don't want to use them in the same way. Maybe they trust Moore on the outside running routes and limiting Samuel to the gadget-y plays?

Idk purely speculation, but to me DJM is their most talented WR and it's not close. Fair to say he's not in the Alpha class as DK or AKB or Julio, etc. But he's very talented and for whatever reason is getting gameplanned out

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:22 pm

Whats happening to Moore has nothing to do with his play. I have talked with several people and shared/received screenshots and clips and DJM frequently gets WIDE open. Yet, either by scheme or he and Teddy have a beef, hes not getting looks. The screenshots are almost weekly that are shown to me at this point. This week I could finally see the frustration in his body language. I honestly believe it has something to do with DJM spurning Rhule during college. Ive brought up the narrative before. At this point, I think the best thing for Moore is to be traded away.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:41 pm

DJM spurned Rhule?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:00 am

Is it possible DJM is in the doghouse because he's struggling to learn the offense? This often times causes an uncharacteristic jump in drop rate and his 6 drops lead the NFL; his drop rate has jumped from 2.2% in 2019 to 10.2%, #13 in the NFL.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:16 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:41 pm DJM spurned Rhule?
Yeah so apparently Rhule tried recruiting DJM to play for him and instead he chose Maryland. There is a "hype video" that the Panthers put out showing Rhule's first time going to the Panthers facility. He met Moore there, and the very first thing he said upon meeting up was bringing up the fact DJM chose Maryland. It seemed hilarious at the time, then Rhule switched where Moore lines up and Robbie lines up. I know, its just a narrative but its one at this point I believe. There is something going on behind the scenes. Because DJM is getting open despite playing the deep decoy role. If you dont have Moore, buy him while his price has bottomed out.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:19 am

Sriracha wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:00 am Is it possible DJM is in the doghouse because he's struggling to learn the offense? This often times causes an uncharacteristic jump in drop rate and his 6 drops lead the NFL; his drop rate has jumped from 2.2% in 2019 to 10.2%, #13 in the NFL.
Cooper, Edelman, and Gallup have all struggled with drops yet still get targets. When you're good (and open) you get looks. DJM isnt even getting looked at when I see clips. He is rarely even in Teddy's read progression.

And how many times have we seen that coaches rarely favor the incumbent? Often times they bring in their own guys. And also Robbie is Rhule's guy too. Rhule coached Robbie in college.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:24 pm

I feel like DJM could easily do what Samuel is... Seems like they just don't want to use them in the same way. Maybe they trust Moore on the outside running routes and limiting Samuel to the gadget-y plays?

Idk purely speculation, but to me DJM is their most talented WR and it's not close. Fair to say he's not in the Alpha class as DK or AKB or Julio, etc. But he's very talented and for whatever reason is getting gameplanned out
Not so sure. Moore is a good layer but he doesn't look to have anywhere near the first step game quickness of Samuel. I also doubt he has the same vision which combined with quickness makes Samuel really dangerous and electric as a runner.

I don't buy the children are mad about college so he is isn't get looks in the games. The NFL is tough and perhaps Samuel just practices way better. Anderson just flat out looks better catching the ball. He glides and makes everything look easy.

What looks pretty obvious is to date there is more Chemistry between Bridgewater and Anderson and Samuel. Not saying it couldn't change with a full training camp but today this is a system offense and DJM certainly isn't the alpha dog. The offense still runs through CMC.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 am

Are you serious? He was embarrassing CHI defenders. AJ Brown looked absolutely dominant on film this week.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:59 am

DJM and AJB both look excellent when you watch them play. Assuming similar innate talent, the box score has to be the differentiator and that is 100% in favor of AJB.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST: