AJ Brown or DJ Moore?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: AJ Brown or DJ Moore?

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 pm

hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 pm Yeah that's a good point...Teddy is terrible for DJM* (so far at least), but he's done enough to keep the job for now. He did play very, very poorly against a poor pass defense last night, though.

*This could also be Rhule's doing? It's really difficult for me to tell whether this is more about Rhule favoring Anderson or Bridgewater making poor decisions.
It's Rhule. Anderson is the first read more often, it seems to me. That matters. He's more likely to get the ball.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 pm
hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 pm Yeah that's a good point...Teddy is terrible for DJM* (so far at least), but he's done enough to keep the job for now. He did play very, very poorly against a poor pass defense last night, though.

*This could also be Rhule's doing? It's really difficult for me to tell whether this is more about Rhule favoring Anderson or Bridgewater making poor decisions.
It's Rhule. Anderson is the first read more often, it seems to me. That matters. He's more likely to get the ball.
Everyone saying it's Rhule.. but isn't he a defensive HC?

edit: Actually just checked him out. He started out on defense then got hired as an OC.. I suppose he's got a background on both sides of the ball.
Last edited by Sriracha on Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes, but he's the HC. He oversees everything. Andy Reid still oversees his D. If he wants someone to be the starting safety, it happens. Anderson was basically hand picked by Rhule.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:14 pm

AJ Brown for me, not close.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:28 pm

AJBrown and not close.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:22 pm

edit: Actually just checked him out. He started out on defense then got hired as an OC.. I suppose he's got a background on both sides of the ball.
Hasn't Joe Brady been calling the plays?

I actually drafted both DJM and AJB in a startup this year in the 3rd round. I think DJM has droppd to a 4th round value and AJB has risen to a 2nd round value. For me it would need to be a 1st on top of DJ for AJ.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm

I have AJ Brown, I would politely decline a DJ Moore for AJB swap. There'd need to be something significant added, and even then, I'd be feeling queasy. AJB just gives me that alpha WR1 vibe... I love his attitude, and when the ball is in his hands for RAC yards, he basically transforms into an RB out there.

It just feels like his future is so, so bright.

Also, quite niche, but...
Since 1970, @Brown1arthur and @RandyMoss are the only players to reach 75 receptions and 12 touchdown catches while averaging at least 18.0 yards per reception in their first 20 career games. #Titans
https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/sta ... 4670270465

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:52 pm

mild wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm I have AJ Brown, I would politely decline a DJ Moore for AJB swap. There'd need to be something significant added, and even then, I'd be feeling queasy. AJB just gives me that alpha WR1 vibe... I love his attitude, and when the ball is in his hands for RAC yards, he basically transforms into an RB out there.

It just feels like his future is so, so bright.

Also, quite niche, but...
Since 1970, @Brown1arthur and @RandyMoss are the only players to reach 75 receptions and 12 touchdown catches while averaging at least 18.0 yards per reception in their first 20 career games. #Titans
https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/sta ... 4670270465
I’m on the AJB train, but that stat is really misleading as those players got there in VERY different ways. Moss was all air yards, and AJB was a LOT of YAC. Different players for sure, even if they have the same outcome.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

SafeLeague #2
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:05 pm

Shcritters wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:52 pm I’m on the AJB train, but that stat is really misleading as those players got there in VERY different ways. Moss was all air yards, and AJB was a LOT of YAC. Different players for sure, even if they have the same outcome.
I don't really think it was trying to be misleading... no-one is mistaking AJB's game for Randy's. If anything, your refinement of that point just further highlights how when the ball is in AJ Brown's hands in the open field, there are not many WR's more dangerous - he's a threat to house it from anywhere thanks to his ability to shed tackles and play physical against corners and safeties. The man is balling out there.

I did call it niche, because it sure does have a lot of qualifiers on it. But regardless, to be in the same sentence as Randy for the start of your career is good - no matter which way you want to slice it.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:15 pm

@mild - agreed! He is definitely a bully once he has the ball in his hands, and even though he and Ramey are completely different players it is great to be mentioned in the same stat category as him. There are few other WR’s who I’d rather have the hall in their hands in the open field.

He’s definitely a special talent and excited to see him continue to grow as a WR over time.
Gopher Two

SafeLeague #2

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:27 pm

hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:05 am
Sriracha wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:46 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:26 am

How is that your takeaway from his post?
The only way this is close is if you completely ignore that DJM isn't the alpha on his own team.
DJM is easily the most talented WR on that team. That Carolina isn't treating him as such is a situational issue related to QB/staff not a DJM talent issue.
PR0v3 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 am AJB for me, not all that close.

I’ve never bought the DJM hype. It was crazy to me how many people were listing him as a top 5 dynasty WR in the offseason. He’s a good player but I don’t think he’s any kind of standout NFL talent.
Notwithstanding the obvious issues with his situation, I still think it is reasonable to have DJM as WR 6-8 or so.
Its really odd seeing you defend and dismiss DJMs change in situation and how it’s impacting him :roll:

“But Fulgham is in a transient situation that could change at any moment.” #FoodForThought

Anyways, to put DJM in the top 6-8 before he has even touched top 10 is premature. IMO, DJM will become a Jarvis Landry type player. Overhyped to start, becomes a steady producer, and eventually underappreciated. Career WR2. Solid. But not AJB.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:49 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:27 pm
Sriracha wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:46 am

The only way this is close is if you completely ignore that DJM isn't the alpha on his own team.
DJM is easily the most talented WR on that team. That Carolina isn't treating him as such is a situational issue related to QB/staff not a DJM talent issue.
PR0v3 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 am AJB for me, not all that close.

I’ve never bought the DJM hype. It was crazy to me how many people were listing him as a top 5 dynasty WR in the offseason. He’s a good player but I don’t think he’s any kind of standout NFL talent.
Notwithstanding the obvious issues with his situation, I still think it is reasonable to have DJM as WR 6-8 or so.
Its really odd seeing you defend and dismiss DJMs change in situation and how it’s impacting him :roll:

“But Fulgham is in a transient situation that could change at any moment.” #FoodForThought

Anyways, to put DJM in the top 6-8 before he has even touched top 10 is premature. IMO, DJM will become a Jarvis Landry type player. Overhyped to start, becomes a steady producer, and eventually underappreciated. Career WR2. Solid. But not AJB.
This is the 2nd thread other than the Fulgham thread you've gone out of your way to bring him up in. DJM and Fulgham are not comparable players/profiles. Nor are their situations. Fulgham only got on the field due to a plethora of injuries. He's a 25 year old journeyman to this point. DJM was a first round pick by the Panthers. DJM is still on the field in 2 WR's, and has been all year, and last. He's also not dismissing DJM's situation. He's literally saying the opposite. He's acknowledging it, but still feels he should be ranked top 8.

To your point on Brown, he hasn't had a year that DJM has had yet, points wise. DJM got hurt in the first quarter on game 15 last year. Had he played all 16, he easily would have been a WR1, at 22 years old.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:49 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Nor are their situations.

He's acknowledging it, but still feels he should be ranked top 8.
I’m not comparing the situations or the players. I’m comparing the use of logic.

I’m bringing this up to highlight how we often selectively apply logic to players based on our favor. How players get to the opportunity (injuries or capital) matters less than what they produced when they arrived at the opportunity - especially at WR. Plenty WRs get opportunity and do nothing with it.

I’m not fading DJM as much as I’m saying he has never earned that bright of a light to begin with. The bright light is being projected by a belief in something people hope is true - not what is actually true, or has happened.

Belief and hope are different.

If someone said they HOPED Djm became a top 8 WR, or believed he will eventually become one - my tune would change. I’d be much more accepting. But to BELIEVE Djm currently is or should be considered one at the current moment is pure conjecture. :wtf: Conjecture we wouldn’t afford players we favored less.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:00 am

Can we not turn every thread on here into a Fulgham thread.

This is AJB vs DJM.

I already voted for AJB, but I have no qualms with someone thinking DJM can be valued highly as well as a WR1, especially in PPR. He's 23 and his situation will evolve over the next few years. He has the talent to be a WR1 - he is electric with the ball in his hands.

Considering we all agree his situation isn't all that great and he's off to a terrible start to 2020, he's still likely to end this week as a top 15ish wideout in PPR leagues.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:55 am

Lol why is this about Fulgham...

Also, why is DJM being top 8 in dynasty some crazy concept? I only see 7 or 8 WR I'd clearly take ahead of him and a bit of them are older. AJB is one of those guys I'd take over him, but it's not because of a talent gap. It's based on situations. Flip the situations (aka targets and quality of targets) and I'd expect similar results.