Week 7

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 7

Postby mild » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:57 pm Highly unlikely. His rushing was supposed to be his strength. Hurts is a NFL backup caliber QB IMO.
I never saw him as a Lamar (or even Watson) level rusher. He doesn't have that sort of speed or juke. He's solid, if unspectacular.

Hurts as a rusher will depend on Hurts as a passer. When he's left to run, or to escape the pocket - he'll pick up those yards. He won't be busting any big videogame style Lamar runs, though.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Amazing the NFL. If Engram makes that catch (and yes, he’s seemingly dropped 1,000 passes since being anointed as the next stud TE), the Giants are leading the division.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:57 pm Amazing the NFL. If Engram makes that catch (and yes, he’s seemingly dropped 1,000 passes since being anointed as the next stud TE), the Giants are leading the division.
That's only slightly worse than the fact that the Eagles are leading it.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 pm

A few notes

1) Daniel Jones....bro. C’MON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) what the fudge was that late hit on DJax? Not only was it a late hit, but he rolled him over so unnecessarily. He should get fined for that.
3) Elliott.....are you serious?
4) Aggression is great when its well timed. I think Wentz’s inability to make the safe play is a direct reflection of Petersons reckless aggression. When things arent going your way thats not the time to bury yourself further with risky decision making. Aside from Elliots missed FG, we intentionally left 5 points on the field and it created a situation where we needed a TD instead of a FG....and we were STILL at risk to lose. We need to reel it in a little.
5) Fulgham - TD streak is over, but now has a double digit targets streak. He was missed in the end zone early in the game, and he definitely did let them one in the back of the end zone get away. But that was a tough catch to make.
6) Boston FREAKING Scott...wow.
7) How are we in 1st place right now? :lol: I think the Eagles will become the worst team in NFL history to make the playoffs at 6-9-1
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Looking forward to seeing more Jet McKinnon. Really wish I could have seen what he would have done, with that athleiticism, before the 2 knee injuries. Last play of practice a few years ago. I think he would have lived up to the hype, had he stayed healthy, in this system.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:57 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 pm 1) Daniel Jones....bro. C’MON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Falling down at the end of that long run was... not quite graceful. Must've been a mix of exhaustion and surprise that he made it that far. Ha.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:36 am

This is just what happens when you take a Carson Wentz level QB and put them in a terrible offensive situation. There’s a whole tier of these guys- Wentz, Ryan, Garoppolo, Goff, Cousins, Stafford, Tannehill, Carr, etc.- who have the stuff to look great in a great offense and will look really bad in a bad offense. Wentz isn’t a special talent, but put him behind a great line with peak Jeffrey and Ertz and he can look really good. Now the line is hurt/bad, and the #1 pass catching option is Fulgham, and he looks worse. I’m not especially concerned.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:01 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:36 am This is just what happens when you take a Carson Wentz level QB and put them in a terrible offensive situation. There’s a whole tier of these guys- Wentz, Ryan, Garoppolo, Goff, Cousins, Stafford, Tannehill, Carr, etc.- who have the stuff to look great in a great offense and will look really bad in a bad offense. Wentz isn’t a special talent, but put him behind a great line with peak Jeffrey and Ertz and he can look really good. Now the line is hurt/bad, and the #1 pass catching option is Fulgham, and he looks worse. I’m not especially concerned.
I was saying this to a buddy last night. Seems like Wentz just amplifies his situation. Luckily he played the Giants last night lol

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 am

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:48 pm I don't understand why they drafted hurts if Wentz is the better running QB
Wentz has been hurt a few times now and, to me, they decided to invest in a good backup. Hurts is a good enough runner that they wouldn’t have to tear the offence down and rebuild it to put him in in the event of Wentz going down. He is said to be a high character guy, great in the locker room and is extremely cost effective for the next four years. He is literally making half the money that Chad Henne is on.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:51 am

failblazer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 am
abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:48 pm I don't understand why they drafted hurts if Wentz is the better running QB
Wentz has been hurt a few times now and, to me, they decided to invest in a good backup. Hurts is a good enough runner that they wouldn’t have to tear the offence down and rebuild it to put him in in the event of Wentz going down. He is said to be a high character guy, great in the locker room and is extremely cost effective for the next four years. He is literally making half the money that Chad Henne is on.
Sorry, my post had more sarcasm ;)

It was more a comment on the fact that Wentz was able to put up better runs than Hurts:
7/14/1 vs 2/2/0

Would have been better to invest in a better backup than use a pick on hurts.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am

Apparently the entire Raiders O-Line is on the COVID list, although they could still potentially be cleared in time for Sunday's game. Definitely something to keep an eye on if you have any Raiders players in your lineup.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:50 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am Apparently the entire Raiders O-Line is on the COVID list, although they could still potentially be cleared in time for Sunday's game. Definitely something to keep an eye on if you have any Raiders players in your lineup.
I am very closely monitoring the situation with Jacobs and Waller as pillars of my lineup
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:54 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am Apparently the entire Raiders O-Line is on the COVID list, although they could still potentially be cleared in time for Sunday's game. Definitely something to keep an eye on if you have any Raiders players in your lineup.
They were put on the list due to proximity. So far they haven't tested positive, so as long as nothing new arises by Sunday they should still play. In the event they do have positive tests, I can't imagine them having the game without the entire Line, so it would likely be rescheduled.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:16 am

And Bucs players
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:29 am

IR1 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:16 am
And Bucs players
Oh yeah, add Godwin and Evans to that list...

If one game gets cancelled I would lose 4 starters in the blink of an eye... That is half of my starters... evaporated... blegh
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06