Page 1 of 1

Andy Dalton

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm
by grandmabetty
Where do you value Dalton in SF? he's shown he can be a top option before, he's on one of the best offenses in football and almost more importantly one of the worst defenses. Im sort of hopeful he can play his way into a new contract with a new team. Im asking for a 1st in my 12 team SF. So far have some interest but no takers

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:15 pm
by mild
grandmabetty wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm
Where do you value Dalton in SF? he's shown he can be a top option before, he's on one of the best offenses in football and almost more importantly one of the worst defenses. Im sort of hopeful he can play his way into a new contract with a new team. Im asking for a 1st in my 12 team SF. So far have some interest but no takers
If you can get a 1st then that's just phenomenal work.

Certainly for a contender that just lost Dak, I could see them being vulnerable to a trade like this. Bad defense + 3 of the leagues best receivers = a lovely recipe for fantasy this season.

Then again, there is, of course... the Offensive line...

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm
by grandmabetty
Got one offer where he offered me drake for Dalton and a 2nd. I have chase edmunds. Thought about it for awhile but declined. Drake seems to be about to lose his job or at best a full timeshare. Also a FA at the end of the season.

I'm thinking if Dalton comes out and has a few good games someone will meet my asking price

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:57 pm
by mild
grandmabetty wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm
Got one offer where he offered me drake for Dalton and a 2nd. I have chase edmunds. Thought about it for awhile but declined. Drake seems to be about to lose his job or at best a full timeshare. Also a FA at the end of the season.

I'm thinking if Dalton comes out and has a few good games someone will meet my asking price
Yep, the pick is on the wrong side on this one. And even then, I'm holding if I'm competing.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:18 am
by Dynasty DeLorean
I remember people holding case keenum unless they got a 1st... don’t be that guy

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:35 pm
by grandmabetty
Just got an offer accepted. Got a 1st for Dalton. Guy has a record of 3-2 but is upside down on points scored vs against. Im happy

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 pm
by CGW
I picked him up from waivers in order to throw him in on a trade for a dak owner. He holds close to 0 long term value, so he's only valuable to a competitor.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:50 pm
by jjleurquin
CGW wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 pm
I picked him up from waivers in order to throw him in on a trade for a dak owner. He holds close to 0 long term value, so he's only valuable to a competitor.
I disagree with this. I think Dalton has always been a solid QB. Not Elite but not bad, just your average starter. He was awful last year in cincinatti becuase of the offensive line, and this year we're seeing Burrow struggle for the same reason. I think Dalton will revive his career because of this opportunity and probably become the new Fitzpatrick helping reign in whatever rookie he needs to.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:00 pm
by CGW
jjleurquin wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:50 pm
CGW wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 pm
I picked him up from waivers in order to throw him in on a trade for a dak owner. He holds close to 0 long term value, so he's only valuable to a competitor.
I disagree with this. I think Dalton has always been a solid QB. Not Elite but not bad, just your average starter. He was awful last year in cincinatti becuase of the offensive line, and this year we're seeing Burrow struggle for the same reason. I think Dalton will revive his career because of this opportunity and probably become the new Fitzpatrick helping reign in whatever rookie he needs to.
It's within the range of possibilities. However, i guess that somewhat illustrates what I mean. If things go well he could become like Fitz In a bridge QB role. In my 3 SF leagues you'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him in trade value.

The good news is he's in a great situation now, with lots of weapons and a terrible defense.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:06 pm
by jjleurquin
CGW wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:00 pm
jjleurquin wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:50 pm
CGW wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 pm
I picked him up from waivers in order to throw him in on a trade for a dak owner. He holds close to 0 long term value, so he's only valuable to a competitor.
I disagree with this. I think Dalton has always been a solid QB. Not Elite but not bad, just your average starter. He was awful last year in cincinatti becuase of the offensive line, and this year we're seeing Burrow struggle for the same reason. I think Dalton will revive his career because of this opportunity and probably become the new Fitzpatrick helping reign in whatever rookie he needs to.
It's within the range of possibilities. However, i guess that somewhat illustrates what I mean. If things go well he could become like Fitz In a bridge QB role. In my 3 SF leagues you'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him in trade value.

The good news is he's in a great situation now, with lots of weapons and a terrible defense.
For sure. We'll have to see how he does with this opportunity. This opportunity is probably the ideal opportunity for a QB to walk into so I'm a bit optimistic on Dalton right now.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:18 pm
by Kelldon
Half joking but could Andy Dalton be the next Tannehill 🤔. I really feel Dak is a good QB and has several good qualities and hope he gets a long term deal either with Dallas or somewhere else.

What if Dalton goes for 2600+yds, 22tds, 7ints RoS? He might be willing to take a 3yr deal for 25mil a year to stay in Dallas. That would give Dallas some cap flexibility to sure up the oline and maybe get some help at defense via FA. Definitely a interesting storyline for offseason.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:22 pm
by Kelldon
Half joking but could Andy Dalton be the next Tannehill 🤔. I really feel Dak is a good QB and has several good qualities and hope he gets a long term deal either with Dallas or somewhere else.

What if Dalton goes for 2600+yds, 22tds, 7ints RoS? He might be willing to take a 3yr deal for 25mil a year to stay in Dallas. That would give Dallas some cap flexibility to sure up the oline and maybe get some help at defense via FA. Definitely a interesting storyline for offseason.

Re: Andy Dalton

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:28 pm
by Cowboysfan33
Kelldon wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:22 pm
Half joking but could Andy Dalton be the next Tannehill 🤔. I really feel Dak is a good QB and has several good qualities and hope he gets a long term deal either with Dallas or somewhere else.

What if Dalton goes for 2600+yds, 22tds, 7ints RoS? He might be willing to take a 3yr deal for 25mil a year to stay in Dallas. That would give Dallas some cap flexibility to sure up the oline and maybe get some help at defense via FA. Definitely a interesting storyline for offseason.

I think the media will try to make it into a storyline but in all reality, there’s very little chance of the Cowboys letting Dak walk at any point and like I said in another post, they can franchise him again next season for 38 million, which they will do, “if” they don’t reach an extension.