2020 Rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2020 Rookie RB's

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am

dvpkwys wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am Didn't see the game, but CEH little action?
Usage was game script driven. 1. TB was owning the LOS on defense and blowing up the few rushing attempts KC tried. 2. Curiously TB decided to use single coverage on Hill, and well, we all know what happened there.

After building a big first half lead KC forced a couple of turnovers in the 2nd half but couldn’t sustain a drive, so there wasn’t much rushing opportunity despite a large lead. Then they lost the lead and had to pass to maintain possession.

It was really kind of a worst case scenario for CEH. However, and I’ve said this many times here, KC never needs to run the ball. Even in short yardage situations their passing game is a more efficient and effective option, so while CEH isn’t to blame for a lack of production this week, his fantasy prospects are at constant risk due to offensive scheme and competing options
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:32 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am
dvpkwys wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am Didn't see the game, but CEH little action?
Usage was game script driven. 1. TB was owning the LOS on defense and blowing up the few rushing attempts KC tried. 2. Curiously TB decided to use single coverage on Hill, and well, we all know what happened there.

After building a big first half lead KC forced a couple of turnovers in the 2nd half but couldn’t sustain a drive, so there wasn’t much rushing opportunity despite a large lead. Then they lost the lead and had to pass to maintain possession.

It was really kind of a worst case scenario for CEH. However, and I’ve said this many times here, KC never needs to run the ball. Even in short yardage situations their passing game is a more efficient and effective option, so while CEH isn’t to blame for a lack of production this week, his fantasy prospects are at constant risk due to offensive scheme and competing options
This is an interesting point and a good take that the general community didnt see. We seem to be having the same issue with Dobbins in baltimore. All these so called amazing situations just arent working out this year for whatever reason. Mahomes will always be the star of the show in KC. It could very well be possible that by next season we are looking at Swift and Robinson in the best situation of all of the top backs since both of those teams may lean on the running game especially if QBs switch around.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Chiefs haven't needed to run the ball. I'm surprised they haven't used their RBs in the passing game more though.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:26 pm
Chiefs haven't needed to run the ball. I'm surprised they haven't used their RBs in the passing game more though.
My thoughts as well but when you can gash a team with Hill why dink and dunk to your RB's? I wish we could see more of the RB's used down field, but in due time it will come online. I honestly think Reid is hiding a good chunk of his playbook for the playoffs
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:33 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm
My thoughts as well but when you can gash a team with Hill why dink and dunk to your RB's? I wish we could see more of the RB's used down field, but in due time it will come online. I honestly think Reid is hiding a good chunk of his playbook for the playoffs
Very possible. You've got to have great pass rushers to put any kind of pressure on mahommes. Barring that, it's basically video game mode. Why run for 4 yards when you can average 10ypa passing.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:35 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:33 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Very possible. You've got to have great pass rushers to put any kind of pressure on mahommes. Barring that, it's basically video game mode. Why run for 4 yards when you can average 10ypa passing.
Exactly, plus Mahommes' scrambling and throwing on the run ability is so underrated it makes it hard for RB's to find opportunity to produce. Plus from what I've read TBB Dline was winning the LOS
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Conspiracy theories to explain why the Chiefs are continuing to trot out the #1 offense in football instead of utilizing their RBs more?

Have you considered their lack of involvement is in the best interest of offensive efficiency and scoring points?

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:59 pm Conspiracy theories to explain why the Chiefs are continuing to trot out the #1 offense in football instead of utilizing their RBs more?

Have you considered their lack of involvement is in the best interest of offensive efficiency and scoring points?
I must have missed the conspiracy theories, most comments so far are people saying basically exactly what you have, why run when you have a passing offence that isthis good.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:17 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:55 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:59 pm Conspiracy theories to explain why the Chiefs are continuing to trot out the #1 offense in football instead of utilizing their RBs more?

I must have missed the conspiracy theories, most comments so far are people saying basically exactly what you have, why run when you have a passing offence that isthis good.
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm My thoughts as well but when you can gash a team with Hill why dink and dunk to your RB's? I wish we could see more of the RB's used down field, but in due time it will come online. I honestly think Reid is hiding a good chunk of his playbook for the playoffs
All good either way, this isn't really directed particularly at this thread... this logic is prevalent across fantasy.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:17 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:55 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm My thoughts as well but when you can gash a team with Hill why dink and dunk to your RB's? I wish we could see more of the RB's used down field, but in due time it will come online. I honestly think Reid is hiding a good chunk of his playbook for the playoffs
All good either way, this isn't really directed particularly at this thread... this logic is prevalent across fantasy.
I actually read that a couple of minutes after I replied but couldn't be bothered editing, figured someone would point it out for me, I was looking at previous pages and only skimmed a few on this one.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:43 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am
Usage was game script driven. 1. TB was owning the LOS on defense and blowing up the few rushing attempts KC tried.
5th play of 1st drive - (14:23 - 1st) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire right tackle to TB 30 for 1 yard (N.Suh).
13th play, 4th of 2nd drive - 3rd & 1 at KC 31
(8:51 - 1st) C.Edwards-Helaire right guard to KC 31 for no gain (J.Pierre-Paul).
16th play, 1st of 4th drive - 1st & 10 at KC 10
(5:22 - 1st) (Shotgun) L.Bell right end to KC 18 for 8 yards (J.Whitehead).
next rush, up 17-0 - 1st & 10 at KC 42
(14:37 - 2nd) C.Edwards-Helaire left tackle to KC 40 for -2 yards (N.Suh).
next - 1st & 10 at TB 23
(11:03 - 2nd) (Shotgun) C.Edwards-Helaire left tackle to TB 21 for 2 yards (L.David; D.White).
next carry - 2nd & 3 at KC 32
(3:58 - 2nd) (Shotgun) L.Bell up the middle to KC 36 for 4 yards (S.Barrett).
next - 2nd & 1 at TB 45
(1:53 - 2nd) (Shotgun) L.Bell right guard to TB 35 for 10 yards (D.White).

"blowing up" also code for "the CEH carries"
jcc6fd wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am After building a big first half lead KC forced a couple of turnovers in the 2nd half but couldn’t sustain a drive, so there wasn’t much rushing opportunity despite a large lead. Then they lost the lead and had to pass to maintain possession.
they had a 10 point lead the entire 2nd half until their final possession with 4 minutes left.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:33 am

It is Dynasty football so a few games shouldn't be a cause for concern with CEH.

Both these teams threw it a ton for different reasons.

KC attempted 50 passes.
1) Tampa has the top run defense in the league due in large part to their scheme which needs to change IMO or they will get run out of the playoffs quickly. Stupidly, they left their DB on an island in one on one coverage against the fastest player in the league resulting in one of the best fantasy games in history for Hill.

2) While KC only attempted 20 runs Tampa only ran it 14 because they were getting blown out of the stadium. Mahomes was KC's 2nd leading rusher with 28 yards

3) Tampa yields 3.3 YPC. CEH didn't fair well at 3.4 YPC on 11 carries but he wasn't needed given KC torched Tampa with 462 passing yards. Hill led the team with 13 touches on 15 targets. CEH was 2nd in touches with 12.

KC is so talented they will exploit a defense so its a pick your poison situation when facing them.

CEH will be just fine so anyone in panic mode should relax a bit.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am

I don't think people are panicking over one game.

It's been a recurring theme with CEH

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am

Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am I don't think people are panicking over one game.

Agreed, landing spot doesn't improve a player. CEH is not being used at what he is best at and he is an average runner. If a defense ever gets KC ro a place that forces them to win on the ground, KC will lose. That is a tall order though
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:25 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am
Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am I don't think people are panicking over one game.

Agreed, landing spot doesn't improve a player. CEH is not being used at what he is best at and he is an average runner. If a defense ever gets KC ro a place that forces them to win on the ground, KC will lose. That is a tall order though
Things are not always what they appear based on perspective.

CEH is top 10 in attempts season to date and at 4.6 YPC only 3 are ahead of him in that group.

Yes, I want more receptions too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... s/dir/desc
Last edited by Ice on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts