2020 Rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2020 Rookie RB's

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:56 am

Swift showed anything and everything you could want yesterday. His first run i believe he showed very nice patience waiting for a block to develop and he got like 10 yards off of it. He is legit and people missed their time to buy

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:46 pm

I dont watch the lions often (by choice obviously) but watching Swifts work from yesterday... I think KC messed up in a bad way by taking CEH. Dont get me wrong, I love how shifty and elusive CEH is, but Swift is just about as good if not better at just about every aspect of the game (faster, better at maintaining speed in subtle cuts in open field, better power) Its going to be fun watching Swifts highlights/game cut ups, and those poor Detroit fans might be in for a fun show with how talented that offense is, just have to get better coaching staff in there and it could really take off
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:31 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:46 pm I dont watch the lions often (by choice obviously) but watching Swifts work from yesterday... I think KC messed up in a bad way by taking CEH. Dont get me wrong, I love how shifty and elusive CEH is, but Swift is just about as good if not better at just about every aspect of the game (faster, better at maintaining speed in subtle cuts in open field, better power) Its going to be fun watching Swifts highlights/game cut ups, and those poor Detroit fans might be in for a fun show with how talented that offense is, just have to get better coaching staff in there and it could really take off
Nah, It's still Detroit. They wasted Megatron and Barry Sanders. What's one more wasted talent.........
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:46 pm I dont watch the lions often (by choice obviously) but watching Swifts work from yesterday... I think KC messed up in a bad way by taking CEH. Dont get me wrong, I love how shifty and elusive CEH is, but Swift is just about as good if not better at just about every aspect of the game (faster, better at maintaining speed in subtle cuts in open field, better power) Its going to be fun watching Swifts highlights/game cut ups, and those poor Detroit fans might be in for a fun show with how talented that offense is, just have to get better coaching staff in there and it could really take off
Swift isn't the workhorse type like CEH is. CEH is classic between the tackles, Damien Williams was going to be their Swift type.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Swift isn't the workhorse type like CEH is. CEH is classic between the tackles, Damien Williams was going to be their Swift type.
Is this sarcastic?
D'Andre Swift 5'9" 212 Pounds
CEH 5' 7" 207 Pounds

Clyde is thick and they can both be workhorses but... McCaffrey 5' 11" 205 coming into the league, Alvin Kamara 5' 10" 210, Dalvin Cook 5' 10" 209. Long story short, Swift is a great size and can definitely handle the touches (higher BMI than any of those guys). If you're referring to how Georgia used him, they don't like overusing any one back, their head coach is on record saying he wants Georgia to be a "RB Factory" where you learn technical skills and become pro-ready without having to destroy your body before getting paid.

When KC took CEH everyone was a little surprised, I was surprised namely that they passed on Swift as well. CEH fits their mold really well but so does Swift and Swift is a slightly more conventional back that had a larger college sample size. Swift was probably bummed to find out the one player Mahomes wanted more than any other was CEH but thems the breaks.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:51 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Is this sarcastic?
D'Andre Swift 5'9" 212 Pounds
CEH 5' 7" 207 Pounds

Clyde is thick and they can both be workhorses but... McCaffrey 5' 11" 205 coming into the league, Alvin Kamara 5' 10" 210, Dalvin Cook 5' 10" 209. Long story short, Swift is a great size and can definitely handle the touches (higher BMI than any of those guys). If you're referring to how Georgia used him, they don't like overusing any one back, their head coach is on record saying he wants Georgia to be a "RB Factory" where you learn technical skills and become pro-ready without having to destroy your body before getting paid.

When KC took CEH everyone was a little surprised, I was surprised namely that they passed on Swift as well. CEH fits their mold really well but so does Swift and Swift is a slightly more conventional back that had a larger college sample size. Swift was probably bummed to find out the one player Mahomes wanted more than any other was CEH but thems the breaks.
Funny how so many equate Workhorse with only height and weight.

Both of these may be suited for that role but when watching them play given their style CEH looks more the part.

Thick, quick burst through the hole, very low center of gravity, and leg churn or drive.

They were my top 2 backs so like them both. In the end, KC liked CEH better and don’t they are disappointed at all.

FYI
They both are averaging 4.7 but CEH has 50 plus more carries.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Both are good backs, but if I was a betting man my money is on swift the remainder of the fantasy season over CEH. Mainly due to more TDs, but I wouldn't be shocked to see more volume out of him in general based on chiefs plan the past few weeks.

Swift has been a nice surprise for me from the 1.09 position.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:32 am

Well, when a lot of people's choices came down to Swift or Akers, glad I smashed Swift 9/10 when I could.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 am

To be honest I really always thought Akers > Swift was unacceptable. The Rams situation wasn't that good (they were ranked pretty poorly as a run blocking O-Line last year, DET was 9th best) and Swift was clearly the better talent. Akers over Lamb and Jeudy blew my mind too, if he was taken before any of CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins or those 2 WRs I was pretty surprised.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 am

Mike11 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 am To be honest I really always thought Akers > Swift was unacceptable. The Rams situation wasn't that good (they were ranked pretty poorly as a run blocking O-Line last year, DET was 9th best) and Swift was clearly the better talent. Akers over Lamb and Jeudy blew my mind too, if he was taken before any of CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins or those 2 WRs I was pretty surprised.
I did have Akers last in the top running back tiers, but I did have him in that tier. We'll see how this take ages :lol: Akers looks good to me, Henderson has simply looked better and that's not something many people took into consideration.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Mike11 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 am To be honest I really always thought Akers > Swift was unacceptable. The Rams situation wasn't that good (they were ranked pretty poorly as a run blocking O-Line last year, DET was 9th best) and Swift was clearly the better talent. Akers over Lamb and Jeudy blew my mind too, if he was taken before any of CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins or those 2 WRs I was pretty surprised.
Incredible amount of hindsight here. An NFL team had both Akers and Dobbins on the board and chose to draft Akers yet drafting Akers over Dobbins was somehow crazy? Per game production isn’t even that far apart for those two this year. The amount of excuses Dobbins generates compared to Akers is wild.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:59 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:26 pm
Incredible amount of hindsight here. An NFL team had both Akers and Dobbins on the board and chose to draft Akers yet drafting Akers over Dobbins was somehow crazy? Per game production isn’t even that far apart for those two this year. The amount of excuses Dobbins generates compared to Akers is wild.
I'm actually with you here. Dobbins vs. Akers was a different story, I stated as a Ravens fan earlier in the thread that I'm somewhat against consensus of Dobbins as a top 3 RB from the class and never liked him over CEH, Swift or JT. I took Swift over Dobbins in 2 rookies drafts and own Dobbins nowhere. I think I'd still prefer Dobbins to Akers right now (and I did pre-draft), but I think he's getting too much of a break.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Akers is 5th in the entire league in juke rate among players that have a decent amount of touches.

Juke Rate
Akers - 36%
Brown - 23%
Handy - 16%

Yards Created per Touch
Akers - 2.23
Handy - 1.27
Brown - 0.57

Run Blocking efficiency
Akers - 42.2
Handy - 83.7
Brown - 89

Light front carry rate
Akers - 24%
Handy - 39%
Brown - 54%

The coaching staff just trusts the other 2 more in the situations that garner fantasy points, such as receptions and goalline. That will change eventually. Also Akers is being consistently put into situations where he's bound to fail whereas the others are put in situations where they are bound to succeed. Look at the run blocking efficiency each RB gets and what kind of defensive front they go against. Sean McVay, stable genius!!

Ok that’s my weekly Akers rant. Moving along...

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:24 pm

I absolutely love Akers and Brown will ne gone next year... Akersbois be patient

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:49 am

Problem I see is Akers can't be had at the discount you probably would want. I think buyers will have to hold and at that price he carries some risk.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne