Travis Fulgham

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:18 am

I have no issue with someone being excited about Fulgham given his production right off the bat. Probably should temper the excitement a bit, though.

I personally wouldn't be betting on him because it's just another year of Philly having no one (healthy) at receiver and Wentz still needing to throw to someone. I don't consider him a top-32 WR in the league and could probably name an additional 32 guys that I'd put above him, as well.

Alshon isn't what he used to be. I dropped him a couple weeks ago. That said, he will command targets if he ever comes back healthy. Same with DJax, Goedert, Ertz, and probably Reagor.

I've been wrong before, but I don't expect he will be a relevant WR in a year or two.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:14 am

Alshon is 31 and set to make 12 million next year. Why is it farfetch’d to think that Fulgham could replace his role in the near future? Being an Eagles fan thats what I dont understand.

I do understand erring on the side of caution and humbling expectations in general. But in order for Fulgham to fade, someone else has to emerge, and I dont see that player being DJax, Jeffrey, Ertz, JJaw, etc.. So unless we are assuming the Eagles go and draft a WR to replace Alshon Jeffrey (which considering our aging and oft injured O-Line is doubtful), I dont see an immediate path to Fulgham fading considering the unique production he has brought to the table in a short period of time. I’m sure at one point we all thought the same thing about Julian Edelman, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, and Marques Colston who were all drafted in the 6th round or later. I’m sure there are many more examples. I just think its short sighted to say Fulgham will fade without suggesting who may emerge in his place - unless you believe the Eagles as a whole will continue to exist in mediocrity for the near future. Obviously as a fan I believe he could likely be a valuable piece of their rebuilding, especially considering the money they could save at WR by relying on him. I understand when looking at players like Ruggs, Jeudy, etc...its easy to point to their talent and capital. But this is a conversation where we are all reading the situation differently and thats OK. But Ruggs’ situation, along with Shenault, Aiyuk, Edwards, Mims and Pittman, is not better than Fulghams situation and it will show. The only WRs from this class that I think will ever be a top WR is Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, and eventually maybe Tee Higgins and Claypool. I can see Jeudy and Raegor being solid, but the rest are a bunch of talent in questionable situations. Situation matters, especially for WRs. As an Eagles fan, I like what I see and believe they will continue to lean on and rebuild around Raegor, Fulgham, and Goedert moving forward because financially thats just what makes sense. But thats just my IMO based on my hope as a fan that the front office does what makes sense :lol: so theres that....
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 am

FWIW he’s been efficient on top of that volume, while Keenan Cole was quite inefficient.

The absolute upside comparison here would be Adam Thielen, who’s a relatively similar sized player and similarly limited-but-not-drastically-so athlete. Neither had draft capital (Thielen was undrafted) both went to small schools, and both played on teams with relatively consolidated target shares.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:09 am

I don't really agree that someone else NEEDS to emerge for Fulgham to fade. It's possible for nobody in an offense to produce. If defenses start rolling more coverage his way he may not be able to get open anymore.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:47 am .......I think he got the better deal. 3 2nds and Fulgham. You only win that deal if Fulgham fades, none of those picks hit, and JK Dobbins becomes a top RB. If all 3 of those things don’t happen you could very easily lose that deal IMO.
To each is own I guess But that is almost stealing Dobbins. I would say someone spiked your Kool-Aid.

Dobbins has a massive pedigree. Fulgram is like Tim Patrick of the Broncos. Pretty good player in a good situation for him currently but when the better talent returns the odds fall back considerably.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:03 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:47 am .......I think he got the better deal. 3 2nds and Fulgham. You only win that deal if Fulgham fades, none of those picks hit, and JK Dobbins becomes a top RB. If all 3 of those things don’t happen you could very easily lose that deal IMO.
Easy now, you are becoming the spokesperson for all low capital waiver darlings...

Guys like Robinson, Gaskin, Fulgham are all very useful for a contender but lack long term upside/value. That's why 99.9% of fantasy players would jump on selling Fulgham+ for Dobbins.

These waiver guys are perfect assets for flipping into better long term assets with higher ceilings, whether it be through the draft or upgrading a position. I have Fulgham in 2 of 3 leagues, but if I can turn him into a decent pick (2nd) or add on to get a high upside prospect I'll smash accept 100 out of 100 times.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am

I kind of like the hold here. The whole team can’t stay healthy and that doesn’t look to change. He’s the only guy they can count on and has flashed.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am The overthinking on these threads always amaze me, so much overanalysis. Here is the deal, was he drafted in the 6th round and cut from a few teams? Yes. Was he ever on the field for meaningful snaps? No. So we never got to see what he could do and were just going off of coaches judgement during practice, judgements from Matt Patricia no less who is still playing AP over Swift. Why would we do this?

Now when he has been on the field he has produced to at least be fantasy relevant, including one monster game. Yes he is the only person to throw to but he is making the absolute best of this opportunity which is exactly what these kinds of guys need to do. The Alshon and Djax talk is laughable. Fulgham has taken opportunity from them and has earned that. Do players go on hot streaks then fade away into oblivion?Yes. Is that possible with Fulgham? Yes. But i think fading into the dust this is more rare than the dynasty community makes it seem. Typically when a WR gets the league, they get the league, things click and they produce consistently. It looks like Fulgham has gotten it. Like other posters have said I think the future of this team is Raegor, Goedert and Fulgham. Fulgham should be fantasy relevant from here on out.
LOL. So 2 productive games and he's the future of this team? That's a bit of under analysis, if you ask me. There can be a middle ground. People around here have probably seen a lot of football, and players like this produce for a few weeks with a plethora of injuries, before fading into oblivion, countless times. Being skeptical of long term production right now is logical. The idea that AP/Swift playing time should factor into the equation of how to value Fulgham really isn't an argument.
I respect your opinion but i also saw this argument coming from you. I read your posts and i see you have a very conservative "dont jump to conclusions" mindset on players. Which is fine. Im the opposite, so you and I are probably going to disagree a lot which is fine. I want to take risks on players and im quick to assess them because i dont want to miss out. For instance a few weeks ago right after one game from Jefferson i traded Lamar Jackson for Justin J A first and Baker mayfield. You probably would have told me that was a bad idea because we havent seen enough from Jefferson and that Jackson is a known commodity. Well as of right now thats looking like a good trade for me. Of course this mindset has burned me a few times, as im sure your conservative mindset has burned you.

As far as Fulgham is concerned, he really does not have much competition in the future the guys above him are ghosts of their former selves. He has looked good when given the opportunity and he is still young. I dont see any issue with saying he could be the future Wr2 for them. I also think we need to take into account that the lack of a preseason didnt allow us to pick up on these kinds of guys earlier. We typically have a preseason and can grab guys like this off waivers early due to the chatter or what we see in the preseason and many of those guys look ok on our bench that year, many of them do nothing, some of them become truly valuable pieces. This isnt any different than other guys who were undrafted who become something. Im not saying Fulgham will be something but this stuff happens so i dont see an "LOL" moment in bringing it up. With all of this said i would 100 percent do that Dobbins deal and i would 100 percent flip Fulgham if i could.

wheath.sharp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wheath.sharp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:11 am

I was offered JuJu for my Fulgham, 2021 3rd, 2022 3rd and a 2023 2nd.
Team 1; 2017, 2018 Champs
12 Team 0.5 PPR
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-F-F-TE

QB-Herbert, Wentz
RB-Taylor, Dobbins, Edmonds, D. Williams, T. Williams, Hines, Penny, G. Edwards, J. Jackson, R. Freeman, Wilkins,
WR-Metcalf, JuJu, Chark, Gallup, Reagor, Mims, Peoples-Jones, T. Johnson, C. Johnson, Coutee
TE-Gesicki, Jonnu

2021 Picks-1.03, 2.03, 2.11, 2.14, 3.03, 3.08, 3.13, 4.03

Team 2
12 Team 2QB TEp PPR
QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F

QB-Watson, Tannehill, K. Allen
RB-Hines, Vaughn, D. Williams, Mack, Burkhead, Guice, J. Hill, T. Williams, Hyde
WR-AJB, JuJu, Mims, Gallup, Campbell, T. Johnson, Bowden, Tate, Hurd, Merritt
TE-L. Thomas, OJ Howard, Oliver, Firkser, H. Bryant

2021 Picks-1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08, 2.02, 2.06, 3.03, 3.07, 4.10

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 am

wheath.sharp wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:11 am I was offered JuJu for my Fulgham, 2021 3rd, 2022 3rd and a 2023 2nd.
I hope you accepted prior to coming here to post this.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

wheath.sharp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wheath.sharp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:21 am

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 am
wheath.sharp wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:11 am I was offered JuJu for my Fulgham, 2021 3rd, 2022 3rd and a 2023 2nd.
I hope you accepted prior to coming here to post this.
Of course, smash accept. Very happy to buy JuJu that low.
Team 1; 2017, 2018 Champs
12 Team 0.5 PPR
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-F-F-TE

QB-Herbert, Wentz
RB-Taylor, Dobbins, Edmonds, D. Williams, T. Williams, Hines, Penny, G. Edwards, J. Jackson, R. Freeman, Wilkins,
WR-Metcalf, JuJu, Chark, Gallup, Reagor, Mims, Peoples-Jones, T. Johnson, C. Johnson, Coutee
TE-Gesicki, Jonnu

2021 Picks-1.03, 2.03, 2.11, 2.14, 3.03, 3.08, 3.13, 4.03

Team 2
12 Team 2QB TEp PPR
QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F

QB-Watson, Tannehill, K. Allen
RB-Hines, Vaughn, D. Williams, Mack, Burkhead, Guice, J. Hill, T. Williams, Hyde
WR-AJB, JuJu, Mims, Gallup, Campbell, T. Johnson, Bowden, Tate, Hurd, Merritt
TE-L. Thomas, OJ Howard, Oliver, Firkser, H. Bryant

2021 Picks-1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08, 2.02, 2.06, 3.03, 3.07, 4.10

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:11 pm
Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Can you remind me of these players who start out their careers 3 for 3 and then fade into oblivion?
Recently? Robert Foster in 2018.

30 yards in his first 6 games. After that:

3/105
2/94/1
1/27
7/104
4/108/1
4/52

Bills cut him and he just got called up by Washington today. Obviously not an apples-to-apples in terms of path, but very similar. 4 games of 90 yards or more in a 5 game stretch after he got opportunity as a rookie.
Keelan Cole had a huge start in his rookie year as an UDFA. He then faded to irrelevance for the past two seasons before coming on again this year. That kind of volatility/value is what I’d expect from Fulgham long-term.
Sure, there are a lot of guys that go on a hotstreak... but there are a few things they have in common:

1) This hot streak is interspersed amongst mediocrity; Fulgahm has had success in every game he's played extended snaps at this point in his career.
2) They do it vs soft defensive matchups; Fulgahm's has come vs PIT and BAL which are literally 2 of the best pass defenses in the NFL.
3) They are usually the result of a handful of big plays, Fulgahm has registered double digit targets the past two games and has generated his yards in a multitude of ways.

These distinctions eliminate Foster (who did it vs bad defenses and relied on big plays) and Keelan Cole who blew up terrible secondaries (SEA, HOU, SF).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am The overthinking on these threads always amaze me, so much overanalysis. Here is the deal, was he drafted in the 6th round and cut from a few teams? Yes. Was he ever on the field for meaningful snaps? No. So we never got to see what he could do and were just going off of coaches judgement during practice, judgements from Matt Patricia no less who is still playing AP over Swift. Why would we do this?

Now when he has been on the field he has produced to at least be fantasy relevant, including one monster game. Yes he is the only person to throw to but he is making the absolute best of this opportunity which is exactly what these kinds of guys need to do. The Alshon and Djax talk is laughable. Fulgham has taken opportunity from them and has earned that. Do players go on hot streaks then fade away into oblivion?Yes. Is that possible with Fulgham? Yes. But i think fading into the dust this is more rare than the dynasty community makes it seem. Typically when a WR gets the league, they get the league, things click and they produce consistently. It looks like Fulgham has gotten it. Like other posters have said I think the future of this team is Raegor, Goedert and Fulgham. Fulgham should be fantasy relevant from here on out.
LOL. So 2 productive games and he's the future of this team? That's a bit of under analysis, if you ask me. There can be a middle ground. People around here have probably seen a lot of football, and players like this produce for a few weeks with a plethora of injuries, before fading into oblivion, countless times. Being skeptical of long term production right now is logical. The idea that AP/Swift playing time should factor into the equation of how to value Fulgham really isn't an argument.
I respect your opinion but i also saw this argument coming from you. I read your posts and i see you have a very conservative "dont jump to conclusions" mindset on players. Which is fine. Im the opposite, so you and I are probably going to disagree a lot which is fine. I want to take risks on players and im quick to assess them because i dont want to miss out. For instance a few weeks ago right after one game from Jefferson i traded Lamar Jackson for Justin J A first and Baker mayfield. You probably would have told me that was a bad idea because we havent seen enough from Jefferson and that Jackson is a known commodity. Well as of right now thats looking like a good trade for me. Of course this mindset has burned me a few times, as im sure your conservative mindset has burned you.

As far as Fulgham is concerned, he really does not have much competition in the future the guys above him are ghosts of their former selves. He has looked good when given the opportunity and he is still young. I dont see any issue with saying he could be the future Wr2 for them. I also think we need to take into account that the lack of a preseason didnt allow us to pick up on these kinds of guys earlier. We typically have a preseason and can grab guys like this off waivers early due to the chatter or what we see in the preseason and many of those guys look ok on our bench that year, many of them do nothing, some of them become truly valuable pieces. This isnt any different than other guys who were undrafted who become something. Im not saying Fulgham will be something but this stuff happens so i dont see an "LOL" moment in bringing it up. With all of this said i would 100 percent do that Dobbins deal and i would 100 percent flip Fulgham if i could.
Don't mean to offend. My apologies if that bothered you.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Some people aren't good at this dynasty thing. Someone taking on a very redraft like mentality, there. Great deal.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Yeah I gotta say first off that Fulgham is IMO the WR2 on that roster for Dynasty purposes. Raegor is still the WR1 unless he flops hard. I stand by that but I would flip him in a second for the offers I see here. In my leagues I never see offers like that for players like Fulgham. I have Preston Williams, a low capital rookie who produced and no one ever offered me anything so I kept him. If no one offered a 2nd or quality player I would sit on Fulgham for the 30% or so chance he turns into something special. On that I would smash accept that 2nd or JK dobbins deal all day.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu