Travis Fulgham

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3523
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby Vcize » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:08 pm

It was actually a Michael Thomas discussion in another thread that caused me to pull the data but for those that were wondering on somewhat similar comps to Mike Evans, here are all the guys that had 3+ 1000 yard seasons prior to age 27 and then failed to reach 75 receptions or 900 yards in either their age 27 or 28 season.

Randy Moss
Donald Driver
Santana Moss
Plaxico Burress
Dwayne Bowe
Dez Bryant
Darrell Jackson
Stevie Johnson
Mike Wallace
AJ Green

In that case we were talking about MT so I left in the guys who had injuries that caused them to miss a large portion of the year. In this case since we're talking about Evans who hasn't missed time I put a minimum games played limiter on (it only eliminated VJax, who had a season ending injury in week 5 of his age 27 season).

Obviously many of these guys at their peak weren't as good as Evans at his but of the 10 guys, 9 of them still saw their value fall off precipitously from the "low" level it was at during their down season.

Maybe Evans is more Moss and less Dez/AJG/Plaxico, but I think these guys bounce back less often that people realize.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Murray, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Coleman, Ballage
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Evans, J Jefferson, Fulgham, Preston
TE: Goedert

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2721
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Vcize wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:08 pm
It was actually a Michael Thomas discussion in another thread that caused me to pull the data but for those that were wondering on somewhat similar comps to Mike Evans, here are all the guys that had 3+ 1000 yard seasons prior to age 27 and then failed to reach 75 receptions or 900 yards in either their age 27 or 28 season.

Randy Moss
Donald Driver
Santana Moss
Plaxico Burress
Dwayne Bowe
Dez Bryant
Darrell Jackson
Stevie Johnson
Mike Wallace
AJ Green

In that case we were talking about MT so I left in the guys who had injuries that caused them to miss a large portion of the year. In this case since we're talking about Evans who hasn't missed time I put a minimum games played limiter on (it only eliminated VJax, who had a season ending injury in week 5 of his age 27 season).

Obviously many of these guys at their peak weren't as good as Evans at his but of the 10 guys, 9 of them still saw their value fall off precipitously from the "low" level it was at during their down season.

Maybe Evans is more Moss and less Dez/AJG/Plaxico, but I think these guys bounce back less often that people realize.
I appreciate the effort on the research, but still not buying the narrative. I agree his value will more than likely drop from here out, but doesnt mean his production will. You could easily select a dozen "comps" that would show he's about to enter his prime.

As you've said, most of the guys on your list were nowhere near Evans talent. The fact of it is, he's had 6 straight 1k seasons (only he and Moss) and even his 2020 season will likely be darn close to a 7th despite an entirely new offense and playing through an injury for a few weeks.

I'd gladly sell him and get ahead of the curve for proper valuation, but I'll gladly scoop up shares from those willing to sell him for 2nds and Fulghams.

Edit: also while i disagree with the comps, I notice there are 21 additional 1000 yard seasons after the age of 27 from this group. That's not bad considering a couple of these comps definitely don't belong in this talent discussion.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Taylor, Elliott, Akers Wilkins, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Mims, Miller, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee, R Higgins
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4751
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:25 pm

Another horrendous drop today. He’s toast
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Brady
RB: Cook, Fournette, Gurley, Henderson, Lindsay, Moss, Gaskin, M. Davis, J. Williams, Ito, Ty Johnson
WR: Julio, A.J. Brown, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Perriman
TE: Kelce, Gronk, Cook
Taxi: Jalen Hurts

Pullo Vision
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5098
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:08 am

I wasn't crowning him after a couple good weeks and I'm not dumping him now that-
A- the WRs/TEs have gotten healthier
B- Wentz is stinking it up

He's still a stash, for me.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2721
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 am

Pullo Vision wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:08 am
I wasn't crowning him after a couple good weeks and I'm not dumping him now that-
A- the WRs/TEs have gotten healthier
B- Wentz is stinking it up

He's still a stash, for me.
Agree, nothing but a stash. I had an offer for a 3rd in one league...i may regret not taking it! Would have liked to see him keep his target share, but the Eagles obviously don't view him as a top option and the offense sucks too much to support more than 1.5 options which are typically the TEs.

On a positive note, the Evans v Fulgham debate didn't move much this week with Evans on bye.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Taylor, Elliott, Akers Wilkins, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Mims, Miller, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee, R Higgins
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9776
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:32 am

CGW wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 am
Pullo Vision wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:08 am
I wasn't crowning him after a couple good weeks and I'm not dumping him now that-
A- the WRs/TEs have gotten healthier
B- Wentz is stinking it up

He's still a stash, for me.
Agree, nothing but a stash. I had an offer for a 3rd in one league...i may regret not taking it! Would have liked to see him keep his target share, but the Eagles obviously don't view him as a top option and the offense sucks too much to support more than 1.5 options which are typically the TEs.

On a positive note, the Evans v Fulgham debate didn't move much this week with Evans on bye.
It didn't move much because they're already so far apart. And honestly, it probably moved further with Fuglys dud
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Mariota, Trub
RB: Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, Snell
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Irv, Gesicki, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

User avatar
mild
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby mild » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:13 pm

Can this thread just die already :lol:

SoftwoodGrampian
Starter
Starter
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Is there a way to take yourself off a thread?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Orenthal Shames and 7 guests