General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Deep, Deep Sleepers?

Postby Sriracha » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:27 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:58 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:53 am Tremble or Kmet?
Did you ask this knowing how much I hate Kmet? :lol:
Hahaha I kind of fell into him and have never been impressed but picked him up as my TE2 due to his ranking everywhere. I don't mind swinging for the fences (Tremble) but wonder if it would be a very short sighted move
Anything can happen.. but I'd have moved Kmet for Tremble+ yesterday.

With the exception of Pitts and Friermouth, Tremble was the most exciting TE prospect for me this off-season... so I might not be completely rational here given that one of "my guys" is getting so much buzz lately.. but there's an explosiveness to Tremble's game that makes me believe he has true stud potential.

Given Kmet's current opportunity he's probably the more prized asset even if he's been non-existent this season.

We probably won't know what we have in Tremble for at least a year.. and more likely 2

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am

I dropped Engram to pick up Tremble after I heard about the trade this morning. I had offered Engram on the message board for a future 3rd a couple weeks ago, and crickets...

Figured I might as well take a stab on upside versus what has been a fairly mediocre career to date.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am I dropped Engram to pick up Tremble after I heard about the trade this morning. I had offered Engram on the message board for a future 3rd a couple weeks ago, and crickets...

Figured I might as well take a stab on upside versus what has been a fairly mediocre career to date.
wow, i need to put out some offers for engram.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:51 pm

1. Pick up Collin Johnson
2. Win this week
3. Thank me

~40% target share with Slayton and Shepard out and it looks like they will miss time. Toney wasn't targeted nearly as much when they went down.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Done. Did it in all four leagues.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:26 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:51 pm 1. Pick up Collin Johnson
2. Win this week
3. Thank me

~40% target share with Slayton and Shepard out and it looks like they will miss time. Toney wasn't targeted nearly as much when they went down.
Good call on the pickup, but if you are relying on Colllin Johnson to start and win you a week, you probably have no business winning in the first place.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:35 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:26 pm
2. Win this week
3. Thank me

Good call on the pickup, but if you are relying on Colllin Johnson to start and win you a week, you probably have no business winning in the first place.
this can only be in deep, deep leagues.

if you're starting johnson in 12 team leagues you better start planning for next season.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:35 pm
2. Win this week
3. Thank me

if you're starting johnson in 12 team leagues you better start planning for next season.
I dont know what you guys are talking about.....the best teams are the ones who prepare, and also adjust the best as the season goes along. Working the waiver wire is by far one of the most underrated ways to maintain success year to year in dynasty leagues.

I've started Cordarelle Patterson twice and Josh Jacobs 0 times in my one league. That doesnt mean my team is any less capable of competing. Granted that leagues starting lineup is super deep. The only thing starting Collin Johnson or Patterson means is that some bench player has returned enough value to hold someone over until their original starter is back. Having clutch bridge players during bye weeks and injuries is key. Too many of ya'll are enamored with building good teams on paper. Thats only one aspect of being a successful manager.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:47 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 pm

I dont know what you guys are talking about.....the best teams are the ones who prepare, and also adjust the best as the season goes along. Working the waiver wire is by far one of the most underrated ways to maintain success year to year in dynasty leagues.

I've started Cordarelle Patterson twice and Josh Jacobs 0 times in my one league. That doesnt mean my team is any less capable. It just means that my RB5-6 has returned enough value to hold me over until my RB1-2 is back. Too many of ya'll are enamored with building good teams on paper. Thats only one aspect of being a successful manager.
100%

At least in deep roster leagues the champs are usually the guys who luck into the James Robinson, McKissick, Cole Beasleys of the world

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Not a deep deep sleeper but Id make a play for Hunter Renfrow if you need bye week/injury fill in. He is 3rd year Clemson wr who isgetting targets and yards. Granted Carr is going wild atm, but he is the kind if guy you could get cheap off a team trying to dump points or an uber stacked team. A few more weeks of 12-14 points and he may not bebhad as cheap. Why not throw a 3rd at hin if you are contending?
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:32 pm

I've started Cordarelle Patterson twice and Josh Jacobs 0 times in my one league. That doesnt mean my team is any less capable of competing. Granted that leagues starting lineup is super deep. The only thing starting Collin Johnson or Patterson means is that some bench player has returned enough value to hold someone over until their original starter is back. Having clutch bridge players during bye weeks and injuries is key. Too many of ya'll are enamored with building good teams on paper. Thats only one aspect of being a successful manager.
not talking about stashing him, talking about starting him. rbs are a completely different kettle of fish to wrs.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:47 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:32 pm

not talking about stashing him, talking about starting him. rbs are a completely different kettle of fish to wrs.
Ok

guys like Robby Anderson, Marquez Callaway, Sterling Shephard, Cedrik Wilson, KJ Osborn, etc...all probably fit the same bill you are signing. My point is just because you start these players doesnt mean you have to blow up your season. It truly depends on the context. If these players can help get you through a rough patch anything else beyond that can be icing on the cake.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:27 am

Ok, Johnson maybe is good for Week 4. But has he an opportunity to be relevant after this week? Will the Giants utalize him more, when he is good?
My league is very very deep, but he is available. But don't want to drop someone just for this one week...
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: Mahomes
RB: Achane, Warren, Spears, McLaughlin, Brown,
WR: DJM, Jeudy, London, Pickens, Downs, Meyers, W. Robinson, Samuel, Tucker
TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Okonkwo, Otton
K: McLaughlin
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
DL: Garrett, Crosby, Hutchinson, Chase Young, J. Bosa, Tuipulotu
LB: Parsons, Bolton, Lloyd, Campbell, Byron Young
DB: Winfield, Pitre, Hufanga, Bland

Picks 2024: 1st, 2x 3rd, 2x 4th, 5th, 6th

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:49 am

2. Win this week
3. Thank me

Don't agree with this statement. My team is pretty stacked, and even I have dealt with a rash of injuries this week. Julio has another hammy, Diontae Johnson out. Any other team could have a combination of this and Jerry Jeudy/whoever else. He might be a one week play, but he is certainly a great dynasty stash even more than he is a one week play.

6'6 profile, wins at the catchpoint. He received playing time last year and performed well when given the opportunity as a rookie. He doesn't have the draft capital of other guys, so it will take injuries like this to get on the field and put out tape. He is huge, he gets open, and is a redzone threat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BOuXYQ4X1Q

The concern was that the Jags cut him, but they had like 4 receivers on the opening day roster and tried to slip him to the practice squad, which didn't work. He has talent and now opportunity. Let's give him a few weeks to see what he makes of it. To me, this is buying before the waiver rush.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:55 am

RheinlandChief wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:27 am Ok, Johnson maybe is good for Week 4. But has he an opportunity to be relevant after this week? Will the Giants utalize him more, when he is good?
My league is very very deep, but he is available. But don't want to drop someone just for this one week...
He is a player that simply makes plays in games. The Giants coaching staff is feeling pressure from the fanbase and media to run some calls for their first round pick Toney. If they just let everything play out organically and don't force feed their 1st round draft pick, I have no doubts Johnson will be someone that can play off Golladay's coverage.

Hamstring injuries tend to linger, and Shepard and Slayton could be out for a few weeks or more. If they come back too fast, the risk of re-injury is huge. Even if they don't, these injuries tend to linger. So the Giants will probably be dumpster fire (with Shepard probably being productive once again midseason if he doesn't reaggravate his hammy). They are bringing John Ross off IR, but is that really a threat to Johnson? The guy has not shown he can stay on the field. Toney has done nothing early and Golladay also carries an injury risk. In the Giants dumpster fire offense, all signs are pointing to Johnson for at least snaps. What he does with them I cannot guarantee.
K: