GOAT
GOAT

Re: Deep, Deep Sleepers?

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:38 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:31 am
gpaok wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:05 am

This is a really good call!
Personally I don't see much of a bump. Mostly because Tyson was already the #2 back and also because he won't take over pass catching duties, unless he's hiding some pass catching ability I don't know about.

I wasn't even sure they'd be using Hill as a pass catching back, he was mostly going to be ST
Have to think Lev Bell is going to be the third down back at some point. He's probably still a good pass blocker, and receiver, even if he's not the same explosive player he used to be.
Yeah it won't be this week or the next probably, but I'd probably rather have him (real life) than Hill

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:12 pm

How about a little Trenton Cannon to further muddle this backfield? Takes the Justice Hill role temporarily.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:39 pm

I mentioned Ty'Son Williams months ago when he was getting picked up across a number of my leagues and I couldn't find a drop of news. Now, it's Daurice Fountain and I'm not seeing why people are going gaga over this KC WR.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:28 am

j4pac wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:07 pm I may have overlooked him earlier in the thread but anybody mind educating me on this Juwan Johnson fellar New Orleans? I understand he made the roster and will get a look early on with their other TE injuries. Profile looks good.
He’ll probably be more productive than Trautman. He has potential. I’d stash him if you have lots of room. The Saints would be really excited about him if all of the excitement wasn’t used up on Callaway.
If roster space for only one of the two, Trautman is the guy to keep right? He obviously has the draft capital and TE experience so I don’t know why it’s even a decision for me. Darren Waller ruined me.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:56 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:28 am
j4pac wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:07 pm I may have overlooked him earlier in the thread but anybody mind educating me on this Juwan Johnson fellar New Orleans? I understand he made the roster and will get a look early on with their other TE injuries. Profile looks good.
He’ll probably be more productive than Trautman. He has potential. I’d stash him if you have lots of room. The Saints would be really excited about him if all of the excitement wasn’t used up on Callaway.
If roster space for only one of the two, Trautman is the guy to keep right? He obviously has the draft capital and TE experience so I don’t know why it’s even a decision for me. Darren Waller ruined me.
Trautman will have a role. He is a good inline TE and blocker. Perhaps he’ll sneak out for a TD like Gronk this week. But he hasn’t demonstrated anything close to a high volume receiver. I think that Johnson will be the better fantasy TE this year. If you want a Waller type guy...Johnson is much more of that mold. Ultra athletic converted WR. BTW...no coach in the NFL cares less about draft capital than Payton.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 am

j4pac wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:56 am
Trautman will have a role. He is a good inline TE and blocker. Perhaps he’ll sneak out for a TD like Gronk this week. But he hasn’t demonstrated anything close to a high volume receiver. I think that Johnson will be the better fantasy TE this year. If you want a Waller type guy...Johnson is much more of that mold. Ultra athletic converted WR. BTW...no coach in the NFL cares less about draft capital than Payton.
Not necessarily looking for the next Waller, his success just has me irrationally hopeful for Johnson I think. Trautman tops the depth chart so I was just second guessing myself keeping Johnson over him.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:50 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:39 pm I mentioned Ty'Son Williams months ago when he was getting picked up across a number of my leagues and I couldn't find a drop of news. Now, it's Daurice Fountain and I'm not seeing why people are going gaga over this KC WR.
Because people go gaga on situation over talent

Why else have people churned through hype trains trying to make bums like Mecole Hardman and Marquez Valdes Scantling a thing

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 am
Not necessarily looking for the next Waller, his success just has me irrationally hopeful for Johnson I think. Trautman tops the depth chart so I was just second guessing myself keeping Johnson over him.
Hope you kept Johnson.......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:54 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Hope you kept Johnson.......
I did, started Everett over him today though.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Glad you made the right decision.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 am

Pharaoh Brown looks like a potential tight end breakout early. Unlike flame out receiving TEs like Barnidge before him, Brown is excellent blocking.

From Mark Ingram:
“Pharaoh is a dog, he's a beast, straight savage, an animal,” said Ingram, who has played with Mark Andrews with the Baltimore Ravens and Jimmy Graham with the New Orleans Saints. “I've been around a lot of great tight ends, and he can be one of the best. He's physical in the run game, takes pride in blocking, and he's going to get his guy. Even when he doesn't, he comes to the sideline, ‘That was me, that was me.’

“But then obviously he has the talent, the athleticism to go run routes downfield, catch the ball, break tackles. He's a versatile tight end, a complete tight end, and I think he's one of the best in the game. He's super underrated. He's physical in the run game, holds the edge in the run game, whoops people in the run game, but also can be versatile and athletic enough to run routes, get open off safeties or linebackers and catch the ball and get yards after the catch.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/hous ... atson-news
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:56 am

jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 am Pharaoh Brown looks like a potential tight end breakout early. Unlike flame out receiving TEs like Barnidge before him, Brown is excellent blocking.

From Mark Ingram:
“Pharaoh is a dog, he's a beast, straight savage, an animal,” said Ingram, who has played with Mark Andrews with the Baltimore Ravens and Jimmy Graham with the New Orleans Saints. “I've been around a lot of great tight ends, and he can be one of the best. He's physical in the run game, takes pride in blocking, and he's going to get his guy. Even when he doesn't, he comes to the sideline, ‘That was me, that was me.’

“But then obviously he has the talent, the athleticism to go run routes downfield, catch the ball, break tackles. He's a versatile tight end, a complete tight end, and I think he's one of the best in the game. He's super underrated. He's physical in the run game, holds the edge in the run game, whoops people in the run game, but also can be versatile and athletic enough to run routes, get open off safeties or linebackers and catch the ball and get yards after the catch.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/hous ... atson-news
Thanks for the heads up. Just added him at minimum FA cost.

This is his 5th year in the league, so you wonder why a guy with his size, athleticism, and blocking ability didn’t show up earlier until you see how severe of a leg injury he sustained. Well worth a look if he’s out there. This may be his coming out year.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Is Trinity Benson worth a stash? Hasn’t got a shot yet, maybe he’ll be lightning in a bottle. More of a stash than Raymond, right?

Are either/both worth rostering over say Herndon?
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 4.2, 4.7
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Alex Collins ought to be the RB2 in Seattle. Travis Homer is hot trash and Penny can't stay healthy. He's a free add.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm Alex Collins ought to be the RB2 in Seattle. Travis Homer is hot trash and Penny can't stay healthy. He's a free add.
In a back and forth OT game, Homer had 14 snaps, 11 routes. Collins 6 snaps, 4 routes, 1 carry.

Collins strikes me as a handcuff but Homer the #2 RB.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def