Deep, Deep Sleepers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Deep, Deep Sleepers?

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:02 am

I think maybe some of you are confused by my previous statement. Johnson is absolutely worth a stash if you have the roster space. But starting him in his second game seeing snaps against one of the premiere defenses is being pretty darn hopeful. I get injuries happen and all that, but in general, Collin Johnson should not be starting for many teams. My comment was in response to the comment saying pick him up and start him immediately, which is not smart if you have any suitable alternatives.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:04 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:50 pm Not a deep deep sleeper but Id make a play for Hunter Renfrow if you need bye week/injury fill in. He is 3rd year Clemson wr who isgetting targets and yards. Granted Carr is going wild atm, but he is the kind if guy you could get cheap off a team trying to dump points or an uber stacked team. A few more weeks of 12-14 points and he may not bebhad as cheap. Why not throw a 3rd at hin if you are contending?
Not a sleeper. Should be rostered in all leagues. I agree if you can get him for cheap, hes worth the spot. I tend to have him in all my leagues, and even starting him in one this week due to injury (over Collin Johnson of course.)

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:43 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:02 am I think maybe some of you are confused by my previous statement. Johnson is absolutely worth a stash if you have the roster space. But starting him in his second game seeing snaps against one of the premiere defenses is being pretty darn hopeful. I get injuries happen and all that, but in general, Collin Johnson should not be starting for many teams. My comment was in response to the comment saying pick him up and start him immediately, which is not smart if you have any suitable alternatives.
Targets have to go somewhere. The Saints are a top 3 run defense in the NFL and they are ramping Saquon up. Would it be smart to run him into the ground this week against one of the top fronts while he gets up to speed? What else are they going to do with the ball? Golladay will probably command top coverage, Toney is going to be a gadget receiver with the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Who else is running routes? Collin Johnson or maybe Evan Engram.

I could be wrong and they could force feed Barkley in the passing game because their line won't hold up, but if they have any daylight to throw, Collin should at least match his 7 targets last week. And if they score, I would guess that a 6'6 red zone threat is a good bet.

Also, if it is a blowout, which it could very well be, then he could score in garbage time. I feel like you are more focused on the name and pedigree. I just think it is a good situational play.

Hope I don't eat crow on this bc small (1 game) sample size doesn't mean much of anything, but....
https://twitter.com/MikeKennedyNFL/stat ... 4990418948
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:59 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:04 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:50 pm Not a deep deep sleeper but Id make a play for Hunter Renfrow if you need bye week/injury fill in. He is 3rd year Clemson wr who isgetting targets and yards. Granted Carr is going wild atm, but he is the kind if guy you could get cheap off a team trying to dump points or an uber stacked team. A few more weeks of 12-14 points and he may not bebhad as cheap. Why not throw a 3rd at hin if you are contending?
Not a sleeper. Should be rostered in all leagues. I agree if you can get him for cheap, hes worth the spot. I tend to have him in all my leagues, and even starting him in one this week due to injury (over Collin Johnson of course.)
Agree. Sleeper is not the right fit but I'd say very undervalued. Should be rostered but probably undervalued. He was dropped preseason in my league by a stacked team. I'm sure the owner is regretting it now.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:28 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:47 pm
The MAC Machine wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:35 pm

this can only be in deep, deep leagues.

if you're starting johnson in 12 team leagues you better start planning for next season.
I dont know what you guys are talking about.....the best teams are the ones who prepare, and also adjust the best as the season goes along. Working the waiver wire is by far one of the most underrated ways to maintain success year to year in dynasty leagues.

I've started Cordarelle Patterson twice and Josh Jacobs 0 times in my one league. That doesnt mean my team is any less capable. It just means that my RB5-6 has returned enough value to hold me over until my RB1-2 is back. Too many of ya'll are enamored with building good teams on paper. Thats only one aspect of being a successful manager.
100%

At least in deep roster leagues the champs are usually the guys who luck into the James Robinson, McKissick, Cole Beasleys of the world
Welp I just picked up Collin Johnson for Tylan Wallace. I mean its only Week 4 and my team is rough looking with injuries already! Higgins already ruled out, AJ Brown "Questionable" which might be generous, Tyrell Williams still on IR, Crowder MAY come back this week; and we start 3 WRs. Lol. So I've got Ridley, Cephus, maybe Crowder; after that it was looking like Tyler Johnson this week. Welcome Collin Johnson! Appreciate this thread, I didn't realize the two leading Giants WRs got banged up. I should probably pay more attention.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:39 am

Paul717 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:28 am
Sriracha wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:47 pm
The MAC Machine wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 pm

I dont know what you guys are talking about.....the best teams are the ones who prepare, and also adjust the best as the season goes along. Working the waiver wire is by far one of the most underrated ways to maintain success year to year in dynasty leagues.

I've started Cordarelle Patterson twice and Josh Jacobs 0 times in my one league. That doesnt mean my team is any less capable. It just means that my RB5-6 has returned enough value to hold me over until my RB1-2 is back. Too many of ya'll are enamored with building good teams on paper. Thats only one aspect of being a successful manager.
100%

At least in deep roster leagues the champs are usually the guys who luck into the James Robinson, McKissick, Cole Beasleys of the world
Welp I just picked up Collin Johnson for Tylan Wallace. I mean its only Week 4 and my team is rough looking with injuries already! Higgins already ruled out, AJ Brown "Questionable" which might be generous, Tyrell Williams still on IR, Crowder MAY come back this week; and we start 3 WRs. Lol. So I've got Ridley, Cephus, maybe Crowder; after that it was looking like Tyler Johnson this week. Welcome Collin Johnson! Appreciate this thread, I didn't realize the two leading Giants WRs got banged up. I should probably pay more attention.
John Ross was also activated off IR, is a former top 10 pick and was productive when he was on the field for the Bengals.

Probably my moonshot Hail Mary play of the week in deep leagues.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:41 am

Wondering if Tyron Johnson might get some action with Chark going down. He seemed to have a similar type of game with LAC before he lost out on the numbers game in a deep WR corps and got picked up by JAX.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:30 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am I dropped Engram to pick up Tremble after I heard about the trade this morning. I had offered Engram on the message board for a future 3rd a couple weeks ago, and crickets...

Figured I might as well take a stab on upside versus what has been a fairly mediocre career to date.
wow, i need to put out some offers for engram.
He's still on the wire too. And we have FCFS starting Tuesday morning. Plenty of moves have been made, and nobody is interested in taking him for free... Yet.

Let me know if anything works out for you DD. And good luck!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:41 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:30 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am I dropped Engram to pick up Tremble after I heard about the trade this morning. I had offered Engram on the message board for a future 3rd a couple weeks ago, and crickets...

Figured I might as well take a stab on upside versus what has been a fairly mediocre career to date.
wow, i need to put out some offers for engram.
He's still on the wire too. And we have FCFS starting Tuesday morning. Plenty of moves have been made, and nobody is interested in taking him for free... Yet.

Let me know if anything works out for you DD. And good luck!
I’ve always been down on engram and thought he was raw, played soft and was overhyped when he was drafted. That said he’s an uber athlete and some tes resurrect their careers after a slow start. I’d be placing chips on he and njoku for example and see what happens. I thought both were overhyped originally but now they are probably excellent values. Made a few lowballs for the two but no bites yet

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:14 am

Sorry guys. Probably my worst call on the forums. Missed the game, but it looks like Ross took over immediately in 3 receiver sets and maybe media criticism regarding Toney's usage got to the coaching staff. Any call I make moving forward will be less high risk.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:26 pm

Picked up Jamal Agnew in a few leagues last week. After turning 8 targets into 6-41 this week (with an 8 yard run), he got picked up by other owners in all my other leagues.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:26 pm Picked up Jamal Agnew in a few leagues last week. After turning 8 targets into 6-41 this week (with an 8 yard run), he got picked up by other owners in all my other leagues.
I think he is ETN lite in terms of what they wanted to do with him
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:46 pm

jman3134 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:14 am Sorry guys. Probably my worst call on the forums. Missed the game, but it looks like Ross took over immediately in 3 receiver sets and maybe media criticism regarding Toney's usage got to the coaching staff. Any call I make moving forward will be less high risk.
Don’t feel bad , there wasn’t a big rush to the ticket window to bet on your horse C. J. :thumbdown:

Your theory was valid & no way to know so many injuries were to befall the Giants so you get the pass :thumbup:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:20 pm

With Ingram traded, seeing Scottie Phillips getting picked up.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:20 pm With Ingram traded, seeing Scottie Phillips getting picked up.
Scooped him as a dart throw. He had some training camp buzz.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06