Deep, Deep Sleepers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Deep, Deep Sleepers?

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:39 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 pm Seeing a (relative) rush across leagues to pick up Tommy Tremble.
Why is this? I drafted him in the early 4th in a TEP league and he has no targets through 2 games. I'm not concerned over that but why is there a rush?

He is an elite athlete according to the RAS scores. Top 12 TE's through the years generally score 9+ and he is in that range. Great blocker I believe. Just not sure what has caused a rush to pick him up.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:40 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:23 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:07 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 am

63rd percentile is hardly in the toilet.
Speed, leaping and agility is all 36th percentile and under. I don't know where his sparq came from, maybe he can throw up a bunch of reps on the bench. Everything else (the stuff that, you know, matters), is in the toilet.

edit: Apparently these are pro-day numbers, adjusted. So who knows if he is actually athletic or not
Well, stupid me. I guess I’ll just keep trying to evaluate stuff that, you know, doesn’t matter like whether a guy can actually play on a NFL field in direct opposition to NFL players in a NFL game. I’ll just have to concede getting beaten by guys like you who emphasize stuff that, you know, matters like how guys do in tee shirts and shorts on a track or in a weight room - especially when that data is 5 years old.

BTW - SPARQ scores are adjusted for weight to try to normalize the results, not that would would really matter either.
I have no idea what you are ranting and raving about lol. I was just giving you a heads up that this guy is likely not terribly athletic. Most good nfl tes test well for athleticism

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:34 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:39 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 pm Seeing a (relative) rush across leagues to pick up Tommy Tremble.
Why is this? I drafted him in the early 4th in a TEP league and he has no targets through 2 games. I'm not concerned over that but why is there a rush?

He is an elite athlete according to the RAS scores. Top 12 TE's through the years generally score 9+ and he is in that range. Great blocker I believe. Just not sure what has caused a rush to pick him up.
No idea. Couldn't find anything, though admittedly didn't search crazy hard. Ty'Son Williams was getting scooped up in my shallower leagues weeks before he became a waiver wire darling, and I couldn't find anything from Twitter folks then, either.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Waldman was all over Ty'Son for quite a while.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:02 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:34 pm

No idea. Couldn't find anything, though admittedly didn't search crazy hard. Ty'Son Williams was getting scooped up in my shallower leagues weeks before he became a waiver wire darling, and I couldn't find anything from Twitter folks then, either.
Snap percentage has risen from 19% in week 1 to 38~% in week 2.

His OC just talked about how he's someone they're going to rely on, that his receiving is improving, that he's "working hard everyday" to be great, yada yada .

All a puff piece since the coach was just replying to a media guy directly asking about Tremble.. but for those that were sleeping on him I guess it's enough to alert him to their attention?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:54 am

Sriracha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:02 pm

His OC just talked about how he's someone they're going to rely on, that his receiving is improving, that he's "working hard everyday" to be great, yada yada .

All a puff piece since the coach was just replying to a media guy directly asking about Tremble.. but for those that were sleeping on him I guess it's enough to alert him to their attention?
Maybe those scrambling to pick him up were on to something... first TD of his career and a nice 30 yard pickup on his first reception. Anyone know his snap count from last night?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm

CGW wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:54 am
Sriracha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:02 pm

Maybe those scrambling to pick him up were on to something... first TD of his career and a nice 30 yard pickup on his first reception. Anyone know his snap count from last night?
26% in week 3.

Tremble was one of my favorite TE prospects in this year's class and was a guy I absolutely had to have in every one of my drafts. Absolutely phenomenal blocker and athlete that people were sleeping on because he was underutilized at Notre Dame (as if production means a god damn thing for college TEs :lol: ).

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:00 am

Tommy Tremble stock is moving up. They traded Dan Arnold. Get your shares now.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:14 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:00 am Tommy Tremble stock is moving up. They traded Dan Arnold. Get your shares now.
arnold and a 3rd for c.j. henderson and a 5th. horn's broken foot must be bad.
in other news, the darnold to d.arnold thing is over before even getting started, which is sad.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:00 am Tommy Tremble stock is moving up. They traded Dan Arnold. Get your shares now.
Glad I have him across the board. I'm sure Ian Thomas will factor in, but Tremble is the one I want.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:51 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 am
Glad I have him across the board. I'm sure Ian Thomas will factor in, but Tremble is the one I want.
100% long term give me Tremble..

I'll probably pick up Thomas in some TE premium leagues just because it usually takes rookie TEs some time to acclimate.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:53 am

Tremble or Kmet?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:58 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:53 am Tremble or Kmet?
Did you ask this knowing how much I hate Kmet? :lol:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 am

n.e. onelse

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:58 am
Did you ask this knowing how much I hate Kmet? :lol:
Hahaha I kind of fell into him and have never been impressed but picked him up as my TE2 due to his ranking everywhere. I don't mind swinging for the fences (Tremble) but wonder if it would be a very short sighted move