Deep, Deep Sleepers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Deep, Deep Sleepers?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:22 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:56 am
jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 am Pharaoh Brown looks like a potential tight end breakout early. Unlike flame out receiving TEs like Barnidge before him, Brown is excellent blocking.

From Mark Ingram:
“Pharaoh is a dog, he's a beast, straight savage, an animal,” said Ingram, who has played with Mark Andrews with the Baltimore Ravens and Jimmy Graham with the New Orleans Saints. “I've been around a lot of great tight ends, and he can be one of the best. He's physical in the run game, takes pride in blocking, and he's going to get his guy. Even when he doesn't, he comes to the sideline, ‘That was me, that was me.’

“But then obviously he has the talent, the athleticism to go run routes downfield, catch the ball, break tackles. He's a versatile tight end, a complete tight end, and I think he's one of the best in the game. He's super underrated. He's physical in the run game, holds the edge in the run game, whoops people in the run game, but also can be versatile and athletic enough to run routes, get open off safeties or linebackers and catch the ball and get yards after the catch.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/hous ... atson-news
Thanks for the heads up. Just added him at minimum FA cost.

This is his 5th year in the league, so you wonder why a guy with his size, athleticism, and blocking ability didn’t show up earlier until you see how severe of a leg injury he sustained. Well worth a look if he’s out there. This may be his coming out year.
FYI his athleticism is in the toilet.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:50 am

I might imagine that given the extent of the leg injury. Those words are from Mark Ingram, not me. Worth a shot imo though.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:22 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 am Pharaoh Brown looks like a potential tight end breakout early. Unlike flame out receiving TEs like Barnidge before him, Brown is excellent blocking.

From Mark Ingram:
“Pharaoh is a dog, he's a beast, straight savage, an animal,” said Ingram, who has played with Mark Andrews with the Baltimore Ravens and Jimmy Graham with the New Orleans Saints. “I've been around a lot of great tight ends, and he can be one of the best. He's physical in the run game, takes pride in blocking, and he's going to get his guy. Even when he doesn't, he comes to the sideline, ‘That was me, that was me.’

“But then obviously he has the talent, the athleticism to go run routes downfield, catch the ball, break tackles. He's a versatile tight end, a complete tight end, and I think he's one of the best in the game. He's super underrated. He's physical in the run game, holds the edge in the run game, whoops people in the run game, but also can be versatile and athletic enough to run routes, get open off safeties or linebackers and catch the ball and get yards after the catch.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/hous ... atson-news

This is his 5th year in the league, so you wonder why a guy with his size, athleticism, and blocking ability didn’t show up earlier until you see how severe of a leg injury he sustained. Well worth a look if he’s out there. This may be his coming out year.
63rd percentile is hardly in the toilet.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 am

Speed, leaping and agility is all 36th percentile and under. I don't know where his sparq came from, maybe he can throw up a bunch of reps on the bench. Everything else (the stuff that, you know, matters), is in the toilet.

edit: Apparently these are pro-day numbers, adjusted. So who knows if he is actually athletic or not
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:45 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm Alex Collins ought to be the RB2 in Seattle. Travis Homer is hot trash and Penny can't stay healthy. He's a free add.
In a back and forth OT game, Homer had 14 snaps, 11 routes. Collins 6 snaps, 4 routes, 1 carry.

Collins strikes me as a handcuff but Homer the #2 RB.
Homer played more snaps last week, but he's terrible. Was graded one of the worst RBs in pass pro.

Granted this is Pete Carroll, so logic need not always apply. Collins took his first handoff for 25 yards then didn't see anyone touch while Carson churned out 2 ypc.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 pm

Seeing a (relative) rush across leagues to pick up Tommy Tremble.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:14 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 pm Seeing a (relative) rush across leagues to pick up Tommy Tremble.
He's been on basically all of my rosters since draft day :think: shallow leagues?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:14 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 pm Seeing a (relative) rush across leagues to pick up Tommy Tremble.
He's been on basically all of my rosters since draft day :think: shallow leagues?
Yep. Deeper leagues are clutching hard, but he's getting picked up in the shallower leagues. Not 12x21 shallow but more like 14x28.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:15 pm

Don't look now, but my guy Brandon Zylstra had himself a game last week. Could earn more snaps with how he played. Reliable player.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Sternberger lands with SEA, anything to see here?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Would you drop Firkser for him? 12-man, 1 ppr.
Or Kroft? Different 12-man, 1 ppr.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:06 am

Dibbles wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm Sternberger lands with SEA, anything to see here?
I liked him a lot coming out. I drafted him, and dropped him this last offseason and I don't plan on picking him back up, even in Seattle
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:13 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm
Would you drop Firkser for him? 12-man, 1 ppr.
Or Kroft? Different 12-man, 1 ppr.
Over Kroft easily. Firkser would be tougher. Tremble for youth/long-term, Firkser for the better chance at startable this-year production.

Don't see landing in Seattle behind Everett and the rest of the TEs being a positive for Sternberger.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:02 am

Darnold to D.Arnold coming out party tonight ... Time is now to crash it b4 the video of it goes viral 🎉

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:23 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:07 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 am

Speed, leaping and agility is all 36th percentile and under. I don't know where his sparq came from, maybe he can throw up a bunch of reps on the bench. Everything else (the stuff that, you know, matters), is in the toilet.

edit: Apparently these are pro-day numbers, adjusted. So who knows if he is actually athletic or not
Well, stupid me. I guess I’ll just keep trying to evaluate stuff that, you know, doesn’t matter like whether a guy can actually play on a NFL field in direct opposition to NFL players in a NFL game. I’ll just have to concede getting beaten by guys like you who emphasize stuff that, you know, matters like how guys do in tee shirts and shorts on a track or in a weight room - especially when that data is 5 years old.

BTW - SPARQ scores are adjusted for weight to try to normalize the results, not that would would really matter either.