Deep, Deep Sleepers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Deep, Deep Sleepers?

Postby Meretc01 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:00 am

I haven’t read through this and I don’t know how. Tyler Johnson. Dude passes the eye test. It’s a extremely small sample size but he looks decent

Godwin is a free agent- I would assume they sign him.
Idk about AB
Gronk probably retires.

Idk. I do have him but I just wish they gave him more opportunities
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:25 am

Meretc01 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:00 am I haven’t read through this and I don’t know how. Tyler Johnson. Dude passes the eye test. It’s a extremely small sample size but he looks decent

Godwin is a free agent- I would assume they sign him.
Idk about AB
Gronk probably retires.

Idk. I do have him but I just wish they gave him more opportunities
T. Johnson was one of the few day 3 rookie WRs that stood out to me. He had a Breakout age of 19 or lower. Gabriel Davis, Mooney and Peoples Jones were some of the others in that range for day 3 WR. Johnson also had a dominator rating of 57 which should raise eyebrows no matter where you went to college.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 am

I agree on Tyler Johnson. Good player.

I think Tampa brings the whole band back though. Antonio Brown, Gronk, & Godwin with Mike Evans still there.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm

League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:12 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm Stashing Devin Duvernay a bit- https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/de ... avens-rece
really like that call. He had some nice plays this season and was used in different ways.

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Rbs outside the top 40 that you’re targeting

Postby Ski mask ready » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm

These are either sleepers, upside, the forgotten... You name it. Dont have to list them all, but who are the deep ADP RBs you're targeting.

Upside: Hines. I know there’s a lot of mouths to feed here, but I think he showed his value as a rb2 with his pass catching abilities and can be had for rb3-4 price.

Forgotten: Cohen, call me crazy but I think people forgot how legit he was like 8 yrs ago… ok like 3 but new young qb with a team who will run to take the pressure off him. I think Cohen is going for rb4 price but can put up rb2 numbers weekly. 5 catches a week would make his a sleeping steal.

Upside: D Evans. One injury away from a player that is used as a human battering ram and Evans could be a legit rb1. Even without, I think Evans can put up rb 2 numbers catching out of the backfield. His rookie season was lost to injury. I think there’s way more to see here then people are realizing.

Hopes and dreams: either gonna get roasted for this or ignored entirely. If lions get gurly, I want him. Swift is legit but he’s also one or two concussions away from legit being out of the league. Lions are going to run a lot. Their wrs are the worst in the league. They have a top 5 offensive line. Call me Nostalgic, I still like the potential of a 26 yr old all pro. He is basically free.

Who are you targeting at the backend of the bench with intentions of them putting up the points to win you you’re league?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Rbs outside the top 40 that you’re targeting

Postby Pew Dogs » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:56 pm

Jamaal Williams, Darrell Williams, Darrell Henderson
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:02 pm

Xavier Jones, LAR.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Hopes and dreams: Rashaad Penny
It’s now or never. If he is truly healthy AND can stay healthy🤞

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:06 am

Is this ever a different situation than the WRs. You’re essentially either looking for an injury replacement that could take on a RB1 workload if the opportunity arises or are looking for a decently sized slice of a RBBC or CoP situation.

IMO I think the only two players that might break those criteria and might be able to win a RB1 slot on their team with a strong preseason might be Elijah Mitchell and Javian Hawkins. If either guy has a strong transfer of talent, they could be the best RB on their respective team - but both guys are admittedly in a long uphill battle to get there.

Henderson might have an outside shot at the same, because I am not convinced at all that Akers has superior talent to either he or Jones, but I think that still ends up shaking out as a committee no matter what. McVay is smart and knows he’ll need multiple backs going with all the games and consequential punishment his RB slot will absorb when you include playoff games with the new 17 game schedule.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:43 am

RCogburn wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:02 pm Xavier Jones, LAR.
I have a two copy 32 team league with rosters of 29. Xavier Jones is on that roster. Super deep sleeper with tons of talent on a team that loves to utilize multiple backs.

JD McKissic in PPR leagues.

JaMycal Hasty, because of Wilson's injury and Mosterts inability to stay healthy.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:05 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:36 pm Antonio Callaway just signed a futures/reserve contract with KC. He just turned 24 and if he can get his head right off the field the addition of his talent on that roster makes him a deep sleeper well worth keeping an eye on.
I know, bad form quoting myself. Callaway has apparently caught the eye of Mahomes already. Still way way early and he’s still definitely in deep sleeper territory, but if you’ve got a toss up roster spot and he can be had for cheap or less it might be worth a shot while he still has next to no FF value. He’s proven he can play in the NFL, the question is whether he’ll ever grow up. But the potential of being a meaningful Mahomes target sure should be Pavlov ringing that bell.

With training camp underway in St. Joseph, Missouri, a few of these unheralded newcomers have begun to stand out in practice. When Mahomes is throwing the ball it’s easy for receivers to catch your eye, which is exactly what Antonio Callaway has done in the first three days of training camp.

Callaway, a former fourth-round draft pick by the Cleveland Browns, signed a reserve/future deal with the team back in January. He’s only been in Kansas City a few months and he’s already impressed his new quarterback with his natural ability and grasp of the playbook.

“I mean the way he’s been able to come in and really execute has been the biggest thing,” Mahomes told reporters of Callaway on Friday. “I mean obviously, he’s super talented, he can make the plays, but he’s been able to jump right in with our playbook where you know Coach (Andy) Reid hasn’t been slowing. He’s been able to execute and make big plays and make contested catches. Someone that has that speed and can make contested catches is a great guy to have on the field.”

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 am

^ Thanks BB. I’ve got my eye on him

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:42 pm

Noah Grey in a TE premium or deep league. Dude looks like Brendan Fraser.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:56 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:42 pm Noah Grey in a TE premium or deep league. Dude looks like Brendan Fraser.
Nice. Bonus points for looking like Encino man. Another TE to keep an eye on. This guy called Pitts on Atlanta. I heard he's pretty good.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick