Week 5 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:52 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:02 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:17 am

The real problem is that they didn't build any flexibility into the schedule ... they needed to add league-wide bye weeks to accommodate rescheduling of games.
Agreed. I don’t know why they didn’t do that and now if the Titans keep getting positive test results, what do they do with them, since they’ve already made them use their bye week? Also and I’m not any kind of Titans “hater” but it’s kinda unfair to their opposition when they don’t have any positive test results and so far the Titans have had like 12 players(something like that) and there’s only been like 4-5 other players in the entire league test positive so far. Listening to NFL radio this morning and it’s night surprising but the Titans are more than likely about to receive fines that may be the biggest ever given by the NFL because there were players working out together, Paul Kuharsky, who covers the Titans, supposedly has pictures on his website of this and not following the COVID-19 protocols that the players union agreed upon.
Vic Beasley not reporting in the offseason always seemed odd to me. Always wondered if it had something to do with Covid, like he saw something in the staff or players where he might think anti-Covid steps weren't solid or wouldn't be followed well, like showing up would put himself at risk.
I think you might be reading too much into that. Vic Beasley hadn't been around the team or anything to even know what was going on. A big criticism in Atlanta was his desire to play football. Apparently he wants to be preacher so he may have been struggling with his decision in general.

However I will say this, the Titans first round pick has been on the covid list at least twice now, got busted at a college party during the pandemic, then got a DUI when he crashed his own car because he was doing donuts in the middle of an intersection in Nashville. Then you had their starting MLB get tossed about 5 plays into their first game for throwing a punch. Taylor Lewan is seen as a leader there and now you have this latest incident with practicegate. From an outsider it looks like there is a culture forming there that lacks discipline. I wonder if the guys see Vrabel as more of a peer and not an authority figure. While I thought his interview on Lewan's podcast last year gave some great quotes (such as his willingness to forgo his genitals for another SB ring); I just couldn't ever see any other successful person in a position of authority presenting himself that way with someone that they are technically in charge of.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:49 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:56 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:36 pm
mild wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:25 pm

I could see it moved to Monday or Tuesday and still played. Titans will get slaughtered, though... they'll be running a skeleton team with whoever's left that can clear a test.
Bills play KC on TNF next week, this weeks game is not happening on Monday or Tuesday, and the TNF isn't getting rescheduled if it's not directly affected by COVID. Fox and Amazon paid massive money for the rights to TNF and that game is going to be one of their crown jewels on the lineup this season.
Do the contracts specify what teams need to be on each Thursday night? I'd think not. It'd be easy to move the Tennessee Thursday game to Saturday/Monday/Tuesday and bump a Sunday game to Thursday. As long as there's a game, I'd expect the contract terms would be satisfied. The fact there are no/few fans makes it easy to move things around like that.
I think bumping a Sunday game to Thursday on short notice would actually be pretty difficult.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:13 am

In positive news which is always disregarded, and i hope the hounds dont come out on me for saying this, only gilmore and a practice squad player have tested positive so far since Cam on saturday. So thats a 5 day incubation period since we knew about the virus being with the Pats and you would think we would have more of them by now (i understand this could change, i am well aware of that). No chiefs have tested positive yet (yes yes incubation period, i know). I believe the raiders had a positive and there hasnt been a massive breakout there.

Until we have significant proof that the virus spreads between teams on game days AND unles we start having massive Titan like breakouts on other teams they arent going to cancel the season, so lets chill on that talk for now. I understand the virus is highly contagious and people need to be protected, but i also understand baseball had this exact same issue because a team or two didnt take it seriously. It was a huge wake up call to their league. The league wants its money, as do the players, and they will do whatever they can to continue playing. The Titans should be forced to forfeit and be fined and docked a draft pick.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Mixon popped up on the injury report today with a shin injury to go along with his bruised ribs. Didn't seem to bother him last week, but just in case, who is the early down backup? Perine? Williams? Or do they just roll with gio.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:15 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:09 pm Mixon popped up on the injury report today with a shin injury to go along with his bruised ribs. Didn't seem to bother him last week, but just in case, who is the early down backup? Perine? Williams? Or do they just roll with gio.
Not good when they get an injury mid week. That usually means it happened in practice, not the game last week.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:16 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:09 pm Mixon popped up on the injury report today with a shin injury to go along with his bruised ribs. Didn't seem to bother him last week, but just in case, who is the early down backup? Perine? Williams? Or do they just roll with gio.
In the past when Mixon has been out Gio has carried the full load.

ETA: And been quite the fantasy stud in those games, no less.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Playing against Evans everywhere. Yay

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Lame that Ronald Jones got ripped off on the TD.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Man, hope Godwin gets back soon. All this Evans crap is disgusting. :ewink:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:02 pm

That should’ve been a ROJO touchdown. For all the criticism that he got his rookie season and deservedly so, between last season and this season, he’s looked pretty solid. Still needs some work in the passing game, but overall, he’s become a decent RB, imo.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Mike Evans doing Mike Evans things.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:04 pm

jordanzs wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 pm Lame that Ronald Jones got ripped off on the TD.
Yeah, it was one of those calls, where the refs screwed up and the team & Rojo takes the brunt of it. Luckily, they still got a TD but for fantasy owners, it sucks, personally, I started him in a couple of leagues and that would’ve pretty much got me what I wanted for the entire game, oh well.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:04 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:02 pm Mike Evans doing Mike Evans things.
Waiting for his annual out-of-nowhere pair of bagels.

Dude drove owners nuts last year lol
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:09 pm

I do not recall a goal line TD vulture at WR like this. Awesome.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:10 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:09 pm I do not recall a goal line TD vulture at WR like this. Awesome.
I'll bet there are some matchups with Evans vs Rojo out there. That's a 14.2 point swing.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick