The Le'Veon Bell Tolls ... To the Ravens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: LeVeon Bell

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:57 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 am Lots of CEH owners are in denial here. Bell's probably not in his prime, but he's not washed at 28. And while he'll still probably be 1b to Clyde if he goes there (which seems most likely to me), he's going to take a lot more work than Williams is now.
We're on the 1st step here
Ha! I say this as a guy who took Clyde 6 overall in a redraft, so I definitely hear that!
If he does sign there, maybe I can finally get a dynasty vshare of Clyde.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:06 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 am Lots of CEH owners are in denial here. Bell's probably not in his prime, but he's not washed at 28. And while he'll still probably be 1b to Clyde if he goes there (which seems most likely to me), he's going to take a lot more work than Williams is now.
It is becoming comical to me. We have a thread talking about how JT has bad vision and is disspointing. Here we have a thread saying Leveon signing with the Chiefs would have zero impact on the greatness that is CEH. Maybe, just maybe the Chiefs are kicking the tires on Bell because they aren't thrilled with what they have at the RB position and are looking to improve it.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 am

My BallZach Ertz wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:14 am News just dropped that Bell is deciding between Dolphins, Chiefs and Bills. I’d rule out MIA as a non contender, meaning CEH or Singletary is about to lose some volume.
If he goes to KC, I think Bell takes over the Williams role which might warrant him 6-8 touches a game. Williams will lose out more than CEH.

Bell is washed and just got over a hamstring injury which always have a good chance to linger.
I like CEH. He is in a good spot and he fits well with the team. That said, i doubt CEH ever reaches Bells height of dominance. I also think Bell has more left in the tank. Enough so that he is still better than Helaire in all facets of the game. If I were the Chiefs I would sign Bell and then reduce Helaire to the Williams role with a few more touches. This would basically sink my only 1-4 team, but I would understand the move
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:11 am

Yeah, it’s striking. This is wish-casting. CEH’s ADP jumped from 15 in startups to 5(!) when Damien Williams of all people opted out. His value has always been tied to his situation. Bell absolutely puts a damper on CEH this year.

As for where he’ll sign, Miami would be dumb (which maybe should mean they’re the favorite). He’s not going to look great there, and they aren’t a serious contender.

KC and Buffalo will likely make him look the best. He’ll probably get more touches in Buffalo. Both teams are contenders. KC is better. I think the crux of this is what “role in the offense” is actually important to Bell? That was laid out as a criteria but we don’t know what role he wants. Does he want the chance to touch the football 25 times? Or does he want to save his legs and look really good with a 40-50% snap share?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:12 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:06 am
It is becoming comical to me. We have a thread talking about how JT has bad vision and is disspointing. Here we have a thread saying Leveon signing with the Chiefs would have zero impact on the greatness that is CEH. Maybe, just maybe the Chiefs are kicking the tires on Bell because they aren't thrilled with what they have at the RB position and are looking to improve it.
Because anyone who was a doubter of either of them was just waiting for a chance to get back in and say "told ya so", same thing with the Josh Allen thread, or Lamar and many other players. There's zero concerns about CEH or JT at this point for me when it comes to their Dynasty value. If immediate gratification is all that matters to you stick to Redraft or better yet DFS.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:18 am

If I'm Bell what makes most sense to me?

KC - line is banged up, but offers the best chance at a ring. Ideal if you want to win and not bang yourself up much.
BUF - better line, winning mentality, perhaps the best chance to play the most?
MIA - it's always sunny, pretty muddy backfield?, but could easily surpass Gaskin if he wanted to. Line is decent.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 am

The comical thing to me is that everyone seems to want to be critical of every other RB but Lev Bell. Nobody even wants to entertain the thought that Bell was propped up in Pitt due to a ideal situation. Pitt has just churned out RB1s for about a decade regardless of who it is. He takes a year off and then looks awful for the Jets. There is zero evidence that Lev Bell is any good outside of Pitt, and even that was 3 years ago.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:32 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 am
The comical thing to me is that everyone seems to want to be critical of every other RB but Lev Bell. Nobody even wants to entertain the thought that Bell was propped up in Pitt due to a ideal situation. Pitt has just churned out RB1s for about a decade regardless of who it is. He takes a year off and then looks awful for the Jets. There is zero evidence that Lev Bell is any good outside of Pitt, and even that was 3 years ago.
Bell isn’t effective anymore and a solid offense in PIT helped him as it would have anyone, but he was very special in his prime there. I mean really special. His vision and patience combine with good enough athleticism made him the best back in the league for a time. This isn’t too dissimilar from Mahomes benefitting from the KC offense. I don’t know why anyone would have to deny his talent to assert he isn’t as effective currently. We know RBs have a short career span and that injuries can suddenly change their effectiveness.

With that said, I agree with those pointing out the CEH denial. He was over valued. His usage and results have shown that. Even without signing bell Darrell Williams is getting WAY too many snaps despite his ineffectiveness because KC knows CEH has limitations; limitations that would not be present in a true 3DB worthy of top 5 startup consideration
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:33 am

On the other hand there's overwhelming evidence that the Jets have one of the worst offensive lines in the league and that Adam Gase does not elevate anyone.

We all know offensive line success is the foundational attribute for RBs to produce, but no RB has looked like Bell behind that line since he left. Conner had limited success. Bell was elite as a runner and as a receiving threat.

We haven't really seen a grey area. It's hard to say an RB with a good line is overrated because he didn't succeed with an awful line.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:36 am

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:32 am With that said, I agree with those pointing out the CEH denial. He was over valued. His usage and results have shown that. Even without signing bell Darrell Williams is getting WAY too many snaps despite his ineffectiveness because KC knows CEH has limitations; limitations that would not be present in a true 3DB worthy of top 5 startup consideration
Or because he's still just a rookie with 5 career games and no preseason games or offseason program.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:44 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:18 am If I'm Bell what makes most sense to me?

KC - line is banged up, but offers the best chance at a ring. Ideal if you want to win and not bang yourself up much.
BUF - better line, winning mentality, perhaps the best chance to play the most?
MIA - it's always sunny, pretty muddy backfield?, but could easily surpass Gaskin if he wanted to. Line is decent.
Might be the deciding factor for him lol

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:01 am

The situation definitely helped Bell, but Bell's 16 game average from 2014 - 2017 was 2200 yards from scrimmage. That comes from a combination of being really good and being in a really good situation.
I'd say James Conner is pretty much an average starting RB in the NFL. He is averaging 1500 yfs per 16 games since he took over. His best season would be Leveon's 5th best on a per-game basis.
Besides, it's not like CEH has much proof that he's good when he's not on an elite offense, either.

Edit: Plus what CG said.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:06 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:36 am
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:32 am With that said, I agree with those pointing out the CEH denial. He was over valued. His usage and results have shown that. Even without signing bell Darrell Williams is getting WAY too many snaps despite his ineffectiveness because KC knows CEH has limitations; limitations that would not be present in a true 3DB worthy of top 5 startup consideration
Or because he's still just a rookie with 5 career games and no preseason games or offseason program.
Yeah, I mean, Clyde is doing fine. There is more meat on the bone too, especially in the passing game. Mahomes is flat out missing him on some easy passes where he's wide open. He threw 2 completely uncatchable balls to him where Clyde was wide open last week. Now as a Raiders fan, I am OK with that, but there is definitely more to be had, and it's not all on CEH.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am

He had a TD called back last week on a questionable call too. His numbers are fine in fantasy and are more likely to go up than down.

Edit: CEH is 10th in the league in rushing yards and 5th among RBs in receiving yards. How can that be seen as a disappointment 5 games into his career?
Last edited by bjd5211 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:13 am

Apparently the role in the offense that he desires is getting lots of touches.

Buffalo offers a better shot at contending than Miami and he’s more comfortably the 1A there than in KC.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF