GOAT
GOAT

Re: LeVeon Bell

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:28 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 pm
What a crazy franchise. They keep Gase, but release Bell. Don't even get a 7th round conditional pick for him, but were willing to trade that for Ballage.
No one was taking on his contract at any price.
True.

YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:28 pm

The crazy eyes have a knack for seeing outside the box.

Joke aside how does this guy coach anything above pop warner football?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady, Mayfield
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson,
WR: DJ Moore, OBJ, Kupp, B.Cooks, D.Parker, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, B. Edwards, ESB, Scotty Miller, Sims Jr
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr, Shultz
Taxi: T.Johnson, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
:dance:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 pm

I would not doubt if Bell sits out the rest of the year, unless he gets the deal he wants. May try and get one more solid deal next year (better than what he may get offered now), and not sure if it's out there right now. He's healthy, and is getting paid the rest of the year.

zoster80
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby zoster80 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:33 pm

Who carries the load for the jets the rest of the way? Perine? Ballage?
Back to Back Champ '17, 18'
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 26 players - Keep 20
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, DST

QB: Rodgers Brees, Herbert
RB: T Gurley, D Johnson, Ekeler, M Ingram, Brieda Z Moss, T Cohen, Ito Smith, M Gaskins, D Evans
WR: M. Evans, D. Hopkins, Juju, K Allen, T Johnson, G Davis, J Reynolds, Pascal
TE: Kelce Fant,Gesicki,
DST: Broncos NE
K: Butker

2021 Picks

QB: R Wilson Haskins, Bridgewater,
RB: Zeke, CEH, M Sanders, Hines, Gio, S. Michel L Bell, D Evans, Justice hill, Darrel Williams, T Pollard, B Love, Guice
WR: DJ Moore, Godwin, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Gallup R Cobb, S Miller
TE: Fant , Graham, Jarwin
DST: 49ers, Eagles

2021Picks
2022Picks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 pm

zoster80 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:33 pm
Who carries the load for the jets the rest of the way? Perine? Ballage?
Gore.

They cut Ballage.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 pm
I would not doubt if Bell sits out the rest of the year, unless he gets the deal he wants. May try and get one more solid deal next year (better than what he may get offered now), and not sure if it's out there right now. He's healthy, and is getting paid the rest of the year.
Nah, makes more sense for him to latch on with a contender for a minimum contract and try and put good film out there for free agency after 3 years of little to none of it. He's getting paid $6M from the Jets anyway the rest of this year, so the immediate money isn't the issue.

YouMightDieTryin
Role Player
Role Player

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:43 pm

And Gase doesn't want to play Perine too much and "stunt his growth". What a joke.

Side note: Bell made 28 mil for 18 games played. Who came out as a bigger steal: him or Osweiller?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady, Mayfield
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson,
WR: DJ Moore, OBJ, Kupp, B.Cooks, D.Parker, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, B. Edwards, ESB, Scotty Miller, Sims Jr
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr, Shultz
Taxi: T.Johnson, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
:dance:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:45 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 pm
Nah, makes more sense for him to latch on with a contender for a minimum contract and try and put good film out there for free agency after 3 years of little to none of it. He's getting paid $6M from the Jets anyway the rest of this year, so the immediate money isn't the issue.
Not really. He gets hurt he's done. He can get a Jordan Howard type deal next year. I don't think he's that motivated to play right now. We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for 2020. Somebody has to want to pay him right now, and I don't see Bell taking a veteran's minimum deal. Doesn't seem like the type, but we'll see.

remedy29
Starter
Starter

Postby remedy29 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Not for nothing, Bell looked terrible for the Jets. His play alone would have justified him getting cut. He ran hard, but had no juice what's so ever. He looked like he ran in quicksand last year.
Didn't really see a whole lot from him this year., So hard to say if he improved on last year or was the same player. But I wouldn't expect him to produce anywhere this year.
Perhaps I'm wrong.
Prescott, Tua, Luck
Chubb, Carson, J Robinson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson, A. Brown,
Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman, Knox, Mo-Allie

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Freeman seems to have held out to get a lead role and big money. If I remember right, any contract Bell gets eats into the money the Jets have to pay him. In short, Bell is getting his money, whether it's all from NY or a portion from them and another team.

If we're hypothesizing matches, I'll throw out Houston and Miami.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/T, 1 Def

McCafsteez
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby McCafsteez » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm
Freeman seems to have held out to get a lead role and big money. If I remember right, any contract Bell gets eats into the money the Jets have to pay him. In short, Bell is getting his money, whether it's all from NY or a portion from them and another team.

x2 and adding in NE
v1 - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Watson, Herbert
RB: Cook, Chubb, White, Mattison, Hines, Mack
WR: Evans, Cooper, DJ Moore, Robinson, Boyd, M. Williams
TE: Waller, Engram
-
v2 - 12 Team .5 PPR / 1.5 PPR TE Premium / SF / (QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 3 Flex, SF)
QB: Jackson, Rivers, Brady
RB: Sanders, Henry, Fournette, Gaskin, D. Freeman, Peterson
WR: Hopkins, Allen, OBJ, Diggs, Jeffery, Sanders,
TE: Kelce, Schultz, Ebron, Graham
-
v3 - 12 Team PPR / SF / (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Goff, Tannehill, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Akers, McFarland, Scott
WR: Sutton, M. Brown, D. Samuel, Jeudy, Reagor, Ruggs III, Duvernay, V. Jefferson
TE: Fant, Thomas
-
v4 - 12 Team PPR / 1.5 PPR TE PREM / SF /(QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Ryan, Rodgers, Herbert, Haskins Jr.
RB: CMC, Cook, Davis, Peterson, Mattison, McFarland
WR: JuJu, Metcalf, Edelman, G. Tate, Mooney
TE: Andrews, Hooper, Thomas, Ebron

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:

Miami paid Howard to sit, and traded for Breida to sit. They seem to like Gaskin, I doubt it. Don't think the Texans make a move like this in between GM's. If what you say about the contracts is true, all the more incentive for him to sit the year.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:

Depends on the language of the contract, and if offset stipulations were included or not. Seeing as the GM that signed him got fired for giving out awful contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't included.

Offset language is the cause of any rookie holdouts these days, some organizations insist on it and the agents fight against it.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm
Pullo Vision wrote:

Miami paid Howard to sit, and traded for Breida to sit. They seem to like Gaskin, I doubt it. Don't think the Texans make a move like this in between GM's.
Agreed. It would just be a weird move for a team that has multiple veterans riding the bench.

I wonder what his offset language is like. He might just sit out.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm
Pullo Vision wrote:

Miami paid Howard to sit, and traded for Breida to sit. They seem to like Gaskin, I doubt it. Don't think the Texans make a move like this in between GM's.
Agreed. It would just be a weird move for a team that has multiple veterans riding the bench.

I wonder what his offset language is like. He might just sit out.
That was my thought. I am not convinced he plays again in 2020.