Robert Tonyan TE Green Bay

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Robert Tonyan TE Green Bay

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:51 am

jjleurquin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:53 am
JFever wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:50 am Context is important. To expect anyone to pay a 2nd is nuts in my opinion. To assume Tonyan's target share stays consistant after the wr corp is healthy is wishful thinking at best. To me - this he is an immediate sell / flip. Sell high, buy low. I will not be pursuing him in any league as he is very clearly fool's gold. Don't be a point chaser. People that have dynasty experiance should know better.
Well a 2nd is what you should want to move him. For anything less than that it's probably worth it to see it through. Not sure how it can be fools gold. Even when Adams comes back Tonyan is looking like he'll be the 2nd option. If he was fools gold we'd be talking about a 1st here.
Do you honestly think that Tonyan is the 2nd option in that passing game after Adams? I think that is absurd. Are we forgetting about A.Jones? This isn't even considering the slu of wr that are banged up. C'mon man.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:54 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:27 am The guy stepped up with Adams and Lazard out. Rodgers needed someone to throw to besides vertical threat MVS

I don’t think this was as much a coming out party as much as a flash in the plan.
Agree completely. This is the rational / unbiased view. A 2nd is viewed differently by different owners. I for one, wouldn't throw them around all willy nilly. However, Tonyan is friends with Kittle.... so, there is that. Also, endorsments from a qb on any of his personal recieving options - are to be taken much like coach speak in the off season. Don't fall for it. Buyer beware. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but the red flags here are too numerus to ignore with a clean concence.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:27 am The guy stepped up with Adams and Lazard out. Rodgers needed someone to throw to besides vertical threat MVS

I don’t think this was as much a coming out party as much as a flash in the plan.
Double digits in PPR each of the last 3 weeks. 5 touchdowns in the last 3 weeks. He's a converted receiver. He's still 26 and has improved each year. There was a little preseason hype. I'm not sure it's just a flash in the pan. I have very little interest in 3rds. I'd rather to see if he continues to be relevant than take less than a 2nd. Will someone pay a 2nd? Probably not.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:02 am

Agree. If I had him, I'd feel the exact same. He is a hold with potential to grow and improve. He certainly has shown upside. But, that upside and that production is directly tied to the riddled by injury status to the wr corp. To buy on that with a 2nd is also a risk, to sell for less than a 2nd could be selling low - so there'd be risk there as well. He is a hold in my opinion. Congrats on finding a gem and not giving up on him.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:11 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:51 am
JFever wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:50 am Context is important. To expect anyone to pay a 2nd is nuts in my opinion. To assume Tonyan's target share stays consistant after the wr corp is healthy is wishful thinking at best. To me - this he is an immediate sell / flip. Sell high, buy low. I will not be pursuing him in any league as he is very clearly fool's gold. Don't be a point chaser. People that have dynasty experiance should know better.
Well a 2nd is what you should want to move him. For anything less than that it's probably worth it to see it through. Not sure how it can be fools gold. Even when Adams comes back Tonyan is looking like he'll be the 2nd option. If he was fools gold we'd be talking about a 1st here.
Do you honestly think that Tonyan is the 2nd option in that passing game after Adams? I think that is absurd. Are we forgetting about A.Jones? This isn't even considering the slu of wr that are banged up. C'mon man.
Jones and williams will continue to be involved in the passing game. Lazard is going to be out for some time so I'm not really considering him for right now. You can't say after what Tonyan has done though that he won't be the 2nd option. MVS is nothing more than a deep threat. When players play this well they get more opportunities, so what this week is 6 targets may be 8 next week.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 am

jjleurquin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:11 am
JFever wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:51 am

Jones and williams will continue to be involved in the passing game. Lazard is going to be out for some time so I'm not really considering him for right now. You can't say after what Tonyan has done though that he won't be the 2nd option. MVS is nothing more than a deep threat. When players play this well they get more opportunities, so what this week is 6 targets may be 8 next week.
Why can't I? He's done well in the absence of Adams and Lazard, but I don't think that makes him a lock as the #2 option. This offense still runs through the running backs and Jones will continue to get 5-10 targets a week.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:24 am

I like Tonyan, but I wouldn't go all out based on a game against a bad pass defense when Adams and Lazard were out. He probably settles in to the TD dependant streamer tier.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Atlanta Falcons.

Also they love to spread the ball around, I wouldn't count on much more from him. back end TE2 for now.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Not sure why ATL didn't feel like covering him ... He was found wandering all over the field, especially in the RZ, its boggling...
@PlankMelody

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Plank wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:24 pm Not sure why ATL didn't feel like covering him ... He was found wandering all over the field, especially in the RZ, its boggling...
You haven't watched much from Atlanta this year have you?
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm

Plank wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:24 pm Not sure why ATL didn't feel like covering him ... He was found wandering all over the field, especially in the RZ, its boggling...
Atlanta is missing pretty much every defensive secondary player on their roster. Neal, Allen, Kazee, Hawkins to name a few. They suck and they are banged up. I can't even name one of their remaining safeties after googling it. They aren't going to stop anyone this year.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

fab10
Starter
Starter

Postby fab10 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:33 pm

His current target share is probably sustainable, 6 targets a game ? I think him and Rodgers have something brewing , unless someone offered something silly I'd be holding for a few weeks .
12 Team -PPR

Qb- Mahomes,Howell
Wr-DK, Terry, Jeudy, Wilson, JWill
Rb- Chubb, warren, speares Moss, Chandler
TE-kincaid
K- Bass
2x 2024 1sts

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:07 pm

fab10 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:33 pm His current target share is probably sustainable, 6 targets a game ? I think him and Rodgers have something brewing , unless someone offered something silly I'd be holding for a few weeks .
This right here.

He's looked good (admittedly against sketchy opposition), there was hype leading up to the season, and even once Adams is back (and to a lesser degree Lazard) I can see him sticking around as a low end TE1.
I wonder if folks would be so eager to sell if it were Sternberger going off right now, because I feel like Tonyan has grown in to the role many expected him (Stern) to play this season.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:35 pm

I don't know for the doubters posting here. He has a td in the last 3 games 13 receptions for 173 yards and 5 tds in 2020. I'm not sure that is a flash in the pan more important is how he looks doing it. He is getting open and his yac and depth of reception have looked decent to me. If he gets 8-10 TDs this season would that be enough to make him relevant?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:19 am

osubuckeyeman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:35 pm I don't know for the doubters posting here. He has a td in the last 3 games 13 receptions for 173 yards and 5 tds in 2020. I'm not sure that is a flash in the pan more important is how he looks doing it. He is getting open and his yac and depth of reception have looked decent to me. If he gets 8-10 TDs this season would that be enough to make him relevant?
I don't think they doubt his ability to impact the 2020 season as they doubt his ability to be a consistent TE option going forward.

He's kind of found himself in a situation where an elite QB simply doesn't have any other target to throw to.

I believe he's going to be a top 10 TE option this year given the lack of weapons for GB, and Rodger's elite level play this year.. but in 2021? Who knows..