Interesting COVID Roster Delimma

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Interesting COVID Roster Delimma

Postby AussieMate » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:23 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:00 pm i was told sleeper was good. first season using it and it looks pants. players on a bye considered as IR eligible... cool mascots tho (no they're fookin terrible)
Who told you it was good? Never used it but everyone that I hear talk about it have nothing but bad things to say about it.
I like it, easy to use as I do all my dynasty work on my phone, Devs are good and usually answer you if you message them. Obvs not for everyone but I don't get the hate people throw at it unless they solely use desktop. Also the mascots are crap haha but I barely pay them any attention :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:44 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:23 pm
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:00 pm i was told sleeper was good. first season using it and it looks pants. players on a bye considered as IR eligible... cool mascots tho (no they're fookin terrible)
Who told you it was good? Never used it but everyone that I hear talk about it have nothing but bad things to say about it.
I like it, easy to use as I do all my dynasty work on my phone, Devs are good and usually answer you if you message them. Obvs not for everyone but I don't get the hate people throw at it unless they solely use desktop. Also the mascots are crap haha but I barely pay them any attention :thumbup:
Sleeper sucks IMO. Tried it, realized why it was free.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:56 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Yeah I love Sleeper when I use it from my phone/tablet. The desktop variation is lacking. But considering how Sleeper started I am not surprised its tailored towards smart phones. I wont join another league unless its on Sleeper. And I agree about the mascots, they are by far the most annoying thing on the platform.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Sleeper is fine. Much better for dynasty than ESPN, and free.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:12 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 pm The only argument against just treating it like a bye is the one week notice, usually you can plan your bye weeks in advance. It's just going to be one of those years where things will just not be how everyone wants it to be.
While I understand this argument, I don't agree with it. So then Sleeper should treat anybody on a bye in future as IR eligible. They have arbitrarily decided to usurp the NFL status. If you have players as IR eligible only when the NFL deems so, you can just arbitrarily decide to IR eligible a play who is OUT as well. Who cares, what does a status matter at this point? The players on bye's still get to play the same amount of games at this point, so being able to IR the players on Bye's creates an advantage, over the long haul. It's not a big deal, but Sleeper should not change the status of players compared to their NFL status, it's a mistake. Just list Kyler Murray as OUT this week, while you're at it. I know that's a hyperbolic example, but it's not their place to decide. They are acting as commissioners to leagues they aren't in, and changing rulings on the fly. If I was paying money in a league like this, I'd have an issue. Whoever is making the decisions at Sleeper is not doing it right.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:12 pm
AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 pm The only argument against just treating it like a bye is the one week notice, usually you can plan your bye weeks in advance. It's just going to be one of those years where things will just not be how everyone wants it to be.
While I understand this argument, I don't agree with it. So then Sleeper should treat anybody on a bye in future as IR eligible. They have arbitrarily decided to usurp the NFL status. If you have players as IR eligible only when the NFL deems so, you can just arbitrarily decide to IR eligible a play who is OUT as well. Who cares, what does a status matter at this point? The players on bye's still get to play the same amount of games at this point, so being able to IR the players on Bye's creates an advantage, over the long haul. It's not a big deal, but Sleeper should not change the status of players compared to their NFL status, it's a mistake. Just list Kyler Murray as OUT this week, while you're at it. I know that's a hyperbolic example, but it's not their place to decide. They are acting as commissioners to leagues they aren't in, and changing rulings on the fly. If I was paying money in a league like this, I'd have an issue. Whoever is making the decisions at Sleeper is not doing it right.
Wrong on every level.

They are giving each league the ability to decide for themselves how they will handle players games getting cancelled by covid. This is nothing like typical bye weeks, injuries or typical IR designations. These are truly unprecedented times and why arbitrarily decide what leagues will do for themselves? Sleeper is saying each league can decide for themselves what players can go on covid IR. MFL is basically playing commish for everyone, not sleeper. You got it completely backwards freak.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:12 pm
Wrong on every level.

They are giving each league the ability to decide for themselves how they will handle players games getting cancelled by covid. This is nothing like typical bye weeks, injuries or typical IR designations. These are truly unprecedented times and why arbitrarily decide what leagues will do for themselves? Sleeper is saying each league can decide for themselves what players can go on covid IR. MFL is basically playing commish for everyone, not sleeper. You got it completely backwards freak.
Nope, you just fail to understand the levels of how leagues had already had thing set in place. Credible ones, anyway, with specific rules based around the assumption that the platform they played would not usurp and arbitrarily change the ruling the NFL put on these games. You have no idea what you're talking about. Try committing a league before commenting. Thanks.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 pm

I do actually. But I also have the ability to adjust and adapt to the ever changing situation at hand. We are on uncharted waters and instead of some far away entity making decisions for us, Sleeper is saying you can decide as a league (without our interference) what to do with the IR slots.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 pm I do actually. But I also have the ability to adjust and adapt to the ever changing situation at hand. We are on uncharted waters and instead of some far away entity making decisions for us, Sleeper is saying you can decide as a league (without our interference) what to do with the IR slots.
They are arbitrarily changing a set of rules for a bye week change. That's what they did. The players (other than the 7 Titans with COVID) aren't COVID IR eligible. They are making arbitrary changes to 1 set of rules while keeping all others ridgid. It's silly. They now must force commissioners to pay attention to IR slots due to their rule changes despite what the commish had already set, if they had, and reverse it, and cause undue arguments, the reality of the OP. It's quite simple, the NFL has stated what IR is, what OUT is, what Doubful is etc. and platforms follow this. It's necessary. COVID IR and Opt outs were considered. Sleeper has decided to change what COVID IR is, regardless of the NFL, due to a bye week being shifted, due to a COVID outbreak. They arbitrarily decided to change 1 aspect of NFL rulings, and I think it's wrong. I think the platform is weak on a so many levels, and this is a prime example of it.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 pm I do actually. But I also have the ability to adjust and adapt to the ever changing situation at hand. We are on uncharted waters and instead of some far away entity making decisions for us, Sleeper is saying you can decide as a league (without our interference) what to do with the IR slots.
They are arbitrarily changing a set of rules for a bye week change. That's what they did. The players (other than the 7 Titans with COVID) aren't COVID IR eligible. They are making arbitrary changes to 1 set of rules while keeping all others ridgid. It's silly. They now must force commissioners to pay attention to IR slots due to their rule changes despite what the commish had already set, if they had, and reverse it, and cause undue arguments, the reality of the OP. It's quite simple, the NFL has stated what IR is, what OUT is, what Doubful is etc. and platforms follow this. It's necessary. COVID IR and Opt outs were considered. Sleeper has decided to change what COVID IR is, regardless of the NFL, due to a bye week being shifted, due to a COVID outbreak. They arbitrarily decided to change 1 aspect of NFL rulings, and I think it's wrong. I think the platform is weak on a so many levels, and this is a prime example of it.
Did or did not the game get cancelled by covid 19? So anyone who drafted a pair of TEs could be royally screwed over by this. I benched Fant in favor of Jonnu and then the Titans game got cancelled in redraft (which BTW is the primary way people play fantasy). So now I have to drop Jonnu to pick up Schultz because "thats how the NFL is saying things will go". Or I can get absolutely fleeced in a trade because my teammates can see what kind of conundrum I am in. My redraft league isnt using covid IR slots after a league vote. So I am screwed.

Seriously, get out of this thread. Your feelings on Sleeper are well documented. You dont like it, you wont play it again. So leave us alone who do like Sleeper. We dont need to hear your "get off my lawn" whining whenever Sleeper is brought up. What do you hope to accomplish here? Again, Sleeper is simply giving each league the ability to choose for themselves. And if you dont like it, well, bye :wave:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm
Did or did not the game get cancelled by covid 19? So anyone who drafted a pair of TEs could be royally screwed over by this. I benched Fant in favor of Jonnu and then the Titans game got cancelled in redraft (which BTW is the primary way people play fantasy). So now I have to drop Jonnu to pick up Schultz because "thats how the NFL is saying things will go". Or I can get absolutely fleeced in a trade because my teammates can see what kind of conundrum I am in. My redraft league isnt using covid IR slots after a league vote. So I am screwed.

Seriously, get out of this thread. Your feelings on Sleeper are well documented. You dont like it, you wont play it again. So leave us alone who do like Sleeper. We dont need to hear your "get off my lawn" whining whenever Sleeper is brought up. What do you hope to accomplish here? Again, Sleeper is simply giving each league the ability to choose for themselves. And if you dont like it, well, bye :wave:
Strawman argument. They aren't on the COVID IR eligible list. It's a bye, that has been re-arranged. Deal with your TE situation. I have Henry and Juju on a team. Don't hear me whining about it. Seriously, I'm not getting out of the thread, and don't tell me what to do. This isn't a Sleeper "safe space". The entire OP was about Sleeper making this predicament for his league. I'm voicing my opinions on how I don't think they handled it properly, you don't have to agree, but you don't have a right to tell me not to voice my opinions on it.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:13 pm

You've voiced you opinion, now please move on. Dont need to keep beating a dead horse into glue.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 pm

Hey we can agree on something. Sanders is better than Jacobs right? :ewink:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 pm Hey we can agree on something. Sanders is better than Jacobs right? :ewink:
We're good, bud. Have a great night, and you're family too. Look forward to beating the tar out of you next week, in our matchup. :lol:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 pm Hey we can agree on something. Sanders is better than Jacobs right? :ewink:
We're good, bud. Have a great night, and you're family too. Look forward to beating the tar out of you next week, in our matchup. :lol:
If I somehow win, you aint hearin the end of it bro. 8-)