Steelers vs. Titans Game Postponed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Postponed?

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:25 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:01 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:33 am So it's officially been postponed to later in the season.

How do we handle the points from that game?
Is it just wiped from this week and fantasy managers who were relying on PIT/TEN players just have to pivot?
People just need to treat this is a bye week, its unfortunate but it was inevitable.
Because I’m a glass half full type of a guy...nice to have AJB’s bye week while he’s still injured

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:38 am

Does anyone remember a few year back when a hurricane postponed the Tampa Bay week 1 game? They basically took their bye during week 1. We survived that and we’ll survive covid related delays the same way.

I’m just glad that we knew before the Thursday game so we have time to pivot

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:54 am

Most likely scenario, as
@ESPNStatsInfo
proposed, is this, per sources:
• Move Steelers-Ravens from Week 7 to Wk 8 (Steelers & Ravens on bye in Wk 8)
• Move Steelers-Titans from Week 4 to Wk 7 (Titans bye is Wk 7).

This is contingent upon no more positive tests in Minnesota.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 6114578433

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:54 am Most likely scenario, as
@ESPNStatsInfo
proposed, is this, per sources:
• Move Steelers-Ravens from Week 7 to Wk 8 (Steelers & Ravens on bye in Wk 8)
• Move Steelers-Titans from Week 4 to Wk 7 (Titans bye is Wk 7).

This is contingent upon no more positive tests in Minnesota.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 6114578433
NFL, "Let's postpone this game. We'll implement the best plan the media come up with."
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:11 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 pm NFL, "Let's postpone this game. We'll implement the best plan the media come up with."
So much this. It's so aggravating.

I don't know what's so hard about just making a call and rolling with it. Surely the NFL spent some of the past 9 months preparing for the eventuality of... oh, wait, they didn't? Just play ball with no bubble, it'll be fine?

Never mind then.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:11 pm
TB3falcons wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 pm NFL, "Let's postpone this game. We'll implement the best plan the media come up with."

I don't know what's so hard about just making a call and rolling with it. Surely the NFL spent some of the past 9 months preparing for the eventuality of... oh, wait, they didn't? Just play ball with no bubble, it'll be fine?

Never mind then.
Same stuff everyone was saying over the offseason and that the NFL wouldn't even be able to get through training camp, let alone play the season, without any issues. The NFL isn't taking pointers from the media, the media just came to the same logical conclusion that anyone with a copy of the NFL schedule can make.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:09 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 pm
mild wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Never mind then.
Same stuff everyone was saying over the offseason and that the NFL wouldn't even be able to get through training camp, let alone play the season, without any issues. The NFL isn't taking pointers from the media, the media just came to the same logical conclusion that anyone with a copy of the NFL schedule can make.
Yeah, I don't understand why people would think otherwise. Also, the bubble idea wasn't feasible for the NFL, we've been over that ad nauseam.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 pm

To be clear, I'm reading this as a parody post. ie. the NFL media has already dreamed up literally every scenario that the NFL could/should/would do - and still they're yet to give an official announcement and put us out of our misery after a full 48 hours. Schefter has already changed his tune from "most likely option is Monday" to "Tuesday" to "Week 8". The messaging is a total mess.

I'm saying it's frustrating - this shouldn't be so hard for a league that was clearly prepared to play with COVID still out in the open. This was always coming. Just pull the trigger already and show us you have actually thought about how to deal with this, and that you can actually deal with the consequences of it.

The fact that they've tripled down on their protocols today tells me they weren't taking it seriously enough to begin with. It's only now that their bottom line has been threatened that they've actually taken action. That's just... soooooo #NFL.