Disappointing young TEs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby mild » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 am Moe Alie-Cox played 33 snaps (46%), while Jack Doyle played 45 snaps (62%). I wonder if the game flow had something to do with this. They were up two scores and took the air out of the ball. I was hoping for more and was quite happy for Ali-Cox to get that early score.
And now g-dang Trey Burton took all the targets... :wall:

It's so infuriating. Moe has done nothing but turn his touches to gold, and this is his reward...

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 am Moe Alie-Cox played 33 snaps (46%), while Jack Doyle played 45 snaps (62%). I wonder if the game flow had something to do with this. They were up two scores and took the air out of the ball. I was hoping for more and was quite happy for Ali-Cox to get that early score.

It's so infuriating. Moe has done nothing but turn his touches to gold, and this is his reward...
Soooo frustrating. I don't get the loyalty to unimpressive veterans these coaches have.

I started Cox this week in one league. Bench until he gets the majority of snaps regularly.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Irv Smith looked ok last night (unfortunately for my Jefferson start). You think this could have been more due to the conditions outside or are they finally looking to get him more involved?

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 pm
mild wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Soooo frustrating. I don't get the loyalty to unimpressive veterans these coaches have.

I started Cox this week in one league. Bench until he gets the majority of snaps regularly.
I’m inclined to agree, but will point out TE’s are asked to do more than catch passes. The reason for his low snap share is almost certainly related to his subpar blocking.

But with so few pass catchers you’d imagine they’d find ways to get Cox on the field more...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm Irv Smith looked ok last night (unfortunately for my Jefferson start). You think this could have been more due to the conditions outside or are they finally looking to get him more involved?
Didn’t see game. No idea. Hope it’s a trend though!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm Irv Smith looked ok last night (unfortunately for my Jefferson start). You think this could have been more due to the conditions outside or are they finally looking to get him more involved?
A few of his catches were plays designed to get him the ball, and he looked good in action. I don't think this system is set up for anyone to produce TE1 numbers, it'll be feeding the RB and Thielen with little left over most week, but in real NFL terms the Vikings seem to realise that Irv. could be a real playmaker. Getting someone like that involved as the No.3 receiver on your offense opens a lot up.

I was sleeping on that offense too much this season, their skill position personnel is pretty great.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:11 am

I'm shocked by Ian Thomas...

Hope he goes to a new team next year. Not sure where, but anywhere has to be better... Seattle maybe?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:38 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:11 am I'm shocked by Ian Thomas...

Hope he goes to a new team next year. Not sure where, but anywhere has to be better... Seattle maybe?
Me too. I thought for sure he'd be productive this year.

I haven't watched Panthers games. He seems to play a high percentage of snaps. Does their offense just not utilize the TE?

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:49 am

X2

Can't believe how little Carolina uses the TE
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:38 am

Me too. I thought for sure he'd be productive this year.

I haven't watched Panthers games. He seems to play a high percentage of snaps. Does their offense just not utilize the TE?
Well, the Panthers have three good WRs in Moore, Anderson, and Samuel, plus a good receiving back in CMC/Davis. So, there's not much left for the TE.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 am

Jonnu Smith - roller coaster but looking up
Irv Smith Jr - looks like Rudolph might be gone. Still run heavy option, but should be startable
Tonyan - are TDs sustainable?
OJ Howard - how will he recover from achilles?
Ian Thomas - WTF, no words. Lots of routes, no targets or production. Pray for trade.
Njoku - showed he still has potential after return
Herndon - wow was that ugly. Bye bye Gase but still not convinced. (Not writing off talent he displayed either)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:36 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 am Jonnu Smith - roller coaster but looking up
Irv Smith Jr - looks like Rudolph might be gone. Still run heavy option, but should be startable
Ian Thomas - WTF, no words. Lots of routes, no targets or production. Pray for trade.
Herndon - wow was that ugly. Bye bye Gase but still not convinced. (Not writing off talent he displayed either)
I don't think you meant that Tonyan was a disappointment, but I'm not sure he belongs in that list.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:38 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:36 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 am Jonnu Smith - roller coaster but looking up
I don't think you meant that Tonyan was a disappointment, but I'm not sure he belongs in that list.
I just think it's a young or emerging TE thread at this point.

I like Tonyan, Jonnu and Irv most. Njoku is intriguing, and to a lesser extent Howard... but I'm out on Thomas and Herndon

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:11 am

It's about to be TrautSZN in 2021

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:23 am

Ian Thomas was always just a decent athlete who's never actually been very good at actually playing the game. He is just a guy out there, and always has been. Hes "flashed" because he is a good athlete, but the Carolina offense hasn't been the problem.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15