Disappointing young TEs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1391
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby mild » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 am
Moe Alie-Cox played 33 snaps (46%), while Jack Doyle played 45 snaps (62%). I wonder if the game flow had something to do with this. They were up two scores and took the air out of the ball. I was hoping for more and was quite happy for Ali-Cox to get that early score.
And now g-dang Trey Burton took all the targets... :wall:

It's so infuriating. Moe has done nothing but turn his touches to gold, and this is his reward...

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3709
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 pm

mild wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 am
Moe Alie-Cox played 33 snaps (46%), while Jack Doyle played 45 snaps (62%). I wonder if the game flow had something to do with this. They were up two scores and took the air out of the ball. I was hoping for more and was quite happy for Ali-Cox to get that early score.
And now g-dang Trey Burton took all the targets... :wall:

It's so infuriating. Moe has done nothing but turn his touches to gold, and this is his reward...
Soooo frustrating. I don't get the loyalty to unimpressive veterans these coaches have.

I started Cox this week in one league. Bench until he gets the majority of snaps regularly.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Irv Smith looked ok last night (unfortunately for my Jefferson start). You think this could have been more due to the conditions outside or are they finally looking to get him more involved?

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4684
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 pm
mild wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 am
Moe Alie-Cox played 33 snaps (46%), while Jack Doyle played 45 snaps (62%). I wonder if the game flow had something to do with this. They were up two scores and took the air out of the ball. I was hoping for more and was quite happy for Ali-Cox to get that early score.
And now g-dang Trey Burton took all the targets... :wall:

It's so infuriating. Moe has done nothing but turn his touches to gold, and this is his reward...
Soooo frustrating. I don't get the loyalty to unimpressive veterans these coaches have.

I started Cox this week in one league. Bench until he gets the majority of snaps regularly.
I’m inclined to agree, but will point out TE’s are asked to do more than catch passes. The reason for his low snap share is almost certainly related to his subpar blocking.

But with so few pass catchers you’d imagine they’d find ways to get Cox on the field more...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Jones
RB: Cook, Fournette, Gurley, Henderson, Lindsay, Moss, Gaskin, M. Davis, J. Williams, Booker
WR: Julio, A.J. Brown, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Perriman
TE: Kelce, Cook, Gronk
Taxi: Jalen Hurts

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2149
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Patsfan86 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Irv Smith looked ok last night (unfortunately for my Jefferson start). You think this could have been more due to the conditions outside or are they finally looking to get him more involved?
Didn’t see game. No idea. Hope it’s a trend though!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Brees, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, David Johnson, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, K. Vaughn
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, P. Williams, D. Mims
TE (2): H. Henry, O.J. Howard, I. Thomas, I. Smith Jr

K (1): Wil Lutz

DB (1): Landon Collins
LB (1): B. Martinez
DL (1): D. Fowler Jr.

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Disappointing young TEs

Postby Blueboy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 am

Patsfan86 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Irv Smith looked ok last night (unfortunately for my Jefferson start). You think this could have been more due to the conditions outside or are they finally looking to get him more involved?
A few of his catches were plays designed to get him the ball, and he looked good in action. I don't think this system is set up for anyone to produce TE1 numbers, it'll be feeding the RB and Thielen with little left over most week, but in real NFL terms the Vikings seem to realise that Irv. could be a real playmaker. Getting someone like that involved as the No.3 receiver on your offense opens a lot up.

I was sleeping on that offense too much this season, their skill position personnel is pretty great.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, Google [Bot], Mjvb5 and 8 guests