Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Joe Mixon current value

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:17 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am the line is just really bad. not only can mixon go nowhere but burrow is under siege constantly. he threw it 61 times in a game. thats not possible if you have time to throw and let routes develop. Joe burrow is the most sacked qb in football as further proof. its not mixon folks, mixon is simply a reminder that situation is a giant factor and that talent only goes so far sometimes.
Even on plays where he gets to the second level he never does anything with it. I think the vision remark above is spot on. It's the reason Chubb is valuable on a bad team because once he gets to the second level he breaks tackles, finds the right angle, etc and turns it into a 40 yards TD. Mixon just kind of runs straight into 3 DBs and falls over for a 7 yard gain.

The other big mark on Mixon relative to the line is that he doesn't really look any better than Gio behind that line. When Mixon has missed time over the last 3 years Gio came in and was at least as good if not better replacing him.

Over the last 3 years Gio has started six games when Mixon was hurt and he averaged over 5ypc in four of them, as well as 4.6 YPC in one of the others. The offense doesn't really miss a beat with Mixon out.

Also as I think I may have already mentioned in this thread there are a lot of advanced statistics out there that attempt to separate RBs from their line play like yards over replacement, yards created per carry, etc and Mixon ranks mediocre to poor in most of those.
I hate these Gio analogies ... unfortunately, I’ve watched a lot of Bengals games since Mixon’s rookie year. It’s obvious why Gio is more efficient, b/c defenses see him as a receiving threat first and as a runner second. He also plays predominantly in 11 personnel ... contrast that with Mixon who the Bengals refuse to involve him in the passing game despite his receiving skills. Defenses key on him as a runner.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:07 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am the line is just really bad. not only can mixon go nowhere but burrow is under siege constantly. he threw it 61 times in a game. thats not possible if you have time to throw and let routes develop. Joe burrow is the most sacked qb in football as further proof. its not mixon folks, mixon is simply a reminder that situation is a giant factor and that talent only goes so far sometimes.
Even on plays where he gets to the second level he never does anything with it. I think the vision remark above is spot on. It's the reason Chubb is valuable on a bad team because once he gets to the second level he breaks tackles, finds the right angle, etc and turns it into a 40 yards TD. Mixon just kind of runs straight into 3 DBs and falls over for a 7 yard gain.

The other big mark on Mixon relative to the line is that he doesn't really look any better than Gio behind that line. When Mixon has missed time over the last 3 years Gio came in and was at least as good if not better replacing him.

Over the last 3 years Gio has started six games when Mixon was hurt and he averaged over 5ypc in four of them, as well as 4.6 YPC in one of the others. The offense doesn't really miss a beat with Mixon out.

Also as I think I may have already mentioned in this thread there are a lot of advanced statistics out there that attempt to separate RBs from their line play like yards over replacement, yards created per carry, etc and Mixon ranks mediocre to poor in most of those.
I hate these Gio analogies ... unfortunately, I’ve watched a lot of Bengals games since Mixon’s rookie year. It’s obvious why Gio is more efficient, b/c defenses see him as a receiving threat first and as a runner second. He also plays predominantly in 11 personnel ... contrast that with Mixon who the Bengals refuse to involve him in the passing game despite his receiving skills. Defenses key on him as a runner.
I'm talking specifically about games where Mixon was out and Gio operated as the feature back. I'm obviously not trying to compare Gio's draws on 3rd and 19 in a normal game against Mixon's carries in that same game.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

I'm talking specifically about games where Mixon was out and Gio operated as the feature back. I'm obviously not trying to compare Gio's draws on 3rd and 19 in a normal game against Mixon's carries in that same game.
Even in those games, the formations that they use & his involvement makes it easier for Gio ... it’s the maddening part as a Mixon owner. The Bengals are so predictable when he is in the backfield, and there is no reason for it because he is a very good receiver.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 pm
Vcize wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Even in those games, the formations that they use & his involvement makes it easier for Gio ... it’s the maddening part as a Mixon owner. The Bengals are so predictable when he is in the backfield, and there is no reason for it because he is a very good receiver.
Why they don't use him more as a WR is one of the biggest mysteries. He was so dynamic out of the backfield in college. I have him in my most expensive league ($2500 buy-in) so I'm pretty sure I've seen every snap of his career. The most frustrating is like a couple of weeks ago when he comes out and catches 3 passes in the first 2 drives for nice gains as the offense is clicking and then they don't give him a target the rest of the game.

I still contend he is quite overrated as a runner though. Not that they are doing him any favors by using him primarily in that capacity. He was a dynamic part time player that made his best plays out of the backfield coming into the league and they've turned him into the exact opposite of that. A two down banger that they don't really try to get in space very often.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm

I have the worst commish story if anyone wants to hear it. I guarantee it cannot be topped.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:38 am

Let's have it!

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:29 am

Years ago but I saved the screen shot. Been playing sanctioned stuff like FFPC ever since the home league vibe got destroyed. Was in the championship game VS the commish. He swapped out players in the middle of our game who were higher scorers than who he had in, around halftime of their respective games. I didn’t even know you could do that. I still won the game. He disband the league the next year bc he was offended by Kaepernick.

The end. Pics attached. Enjoy!
Attachments
6BB7EE93-BE4B-481C-8C11-2FAB042A3FED.jpeg
6BB7EE93-BE4B-481C-8C11-2FAB042A3FED.jpeg (115.17 KiB) Viewed 577 times
7285C46A-1DE9-452F-B45E-D58D138619F7.jpeg
7285C46A-1DE9-452F-B45E-D58D138619F7.jpeg (125.83 KiB) Viewed 577 times

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:46 am

LOL. What a shyster.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:48 am

AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:50 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:56 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 am

Store brand Le'Veon Bell
That's exactly who I had in mind as the superior version of Mixon. In his prime Bell made the game look slow. He could manipulate the defense into moving out of position and create more space and time for himself. It was incredible. Mixon may have more burst than Bell did but doesn't have that skillset to see how everything is unfolding and manipulate it. Just my opinon.
Are we still looking at Bell as elite? I'm moving further towards him benefiting to a good oline and good coaching, obvs some is him but I'm not sure the %
Every RB benefits from a good offensive line to varying levels. Bell went from a good offensive line to one of the league's worst.

Bell in his prime had rare traits in an RB. All-time vision, elite patience with the slow approach to the hole that many RBs copy now, WR-like footwork, and the ability to line up outside or inside and run routes like one as well. He was also really good at not taking big hits.

Bell isn't elite anymore, but in his prime he was an all-time RB talent.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:58 pm

Mixon questionable with Chest injury week 4.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm

😂

My commissioner would pull something like that. Hope he does so we can overthrow him and put somebody normal in our league.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:15 pm

Maybe it’s the same guy

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 am

This is what I'm talking about. Both of those last two plays should have been TDs. Someone like Nick Chubb would have scored on both of them. It's always about the O-line here but when he has a chance to make plays he just doesn't do it. Frustrating.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:58 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 am This is what I'm talking about. Both of those last two plays should have been TDs. Someone like Nick Chubb would have scored on both of them. It's always about the O-line here but when he has a chance to make plays he just doesn't do it. Frustrating.
He's just not THAT good.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04 pm

Haha damn if that didn't end up being the perfect reverse jinx. Finally!
12 Team FFPC TE Premium