General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Joe Mixon prepared to hold out

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:18 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:01 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:00 pm On what planet do you guys think the owners will just pay RB's and SS's for that matter more money just because they are nice?

The CBA was just signed for 10 years. The salary cap is in place just like the Pick# wage scale. The Best of the Best will get paid, the rest simply won't. They are collision players and SS's are higher speed collision players. They just won't get paid as much due to injury concern.

They get paid a ton compared to most in life but they are not going to get paid as much as the star impact players who make their living based more on individual talent skill sets like DE's, LT's CB, WR's and Obviously QB's.
Forget the star impact players. The real crime is how little they make relative to role players at other positions.

WR salaries
Tyrell Williams - $11.1 million
Sterling Shepard - $10.3 million
Jamison Crowder - $9.5 million
Quincy Enunway - $9 million
Adam Humphries - $9 million
Kenny Stills - $8 million
Albert Wilson - $8 million

These guys (and many others like them) have a higher annual salary than all but five RBs in the league (CMC, Zeke, Leveon, DJ, Henry).
WRs play longer and don't get hit as much as RBs. Simple as that.
Different positions age differently. WR's are more likely to be productive in their second contract, which these guys are all in. The issue with the RB's is their best production comes on their rookie deals, which aren't paying them to the level of their production. A team is more likely to get value paying a WR on a 2nd deal than a RB, if the RB waits until the end of the first deal. That's why RB's are holding out after 3 years, or even threatening to. They know the score, and they should hold out. They aren't getting compensated like other position on 2nd deals, unless they force the issue.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

PackAttack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Joe Mixon current value

Postby PackAttack » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:29 am

New to the site. Where do people rank Joe Mixon? Is he still a top 10 rb? In most leagues I am in there seems to be a difference between Nixon's value to other owners to where sites rank him. If he is a top 10 back he should bring back a high first or a second tier wr but no one is biting. His production wasn't top 10 last year and is starting slow. Are you selling or holding mixon. What would you sell him for?

LPN
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Joe Mixon current value

Postby LPN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:44 am

Mixon is HOLD now or buy Low candidate, but not a Sell high by any views. You need to be patient with him, J.Robinson Jac RB will give you a better return at this moment, Mixon has a talent, situation will change (I hope it will).

PackAttack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PackAttack » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 am

LPN wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:44 am Mixon is HOLD now or buy Low candidate, but not a Sell high by any views. You need to be patient with him, J.Robinson Jac RB will give you a better return at this moment, Mixon has a talent, situation will change (I hope it will).
Are you saying you would get more for Robinson than Mixon or that Robinson will give you a better return based on value of each player.

I feel like with mixon I was patient with him all last year and he was only ok

LPN
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LPN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:56 am

Are you saying you would get more for Robinson than Mixon or that Robinson will give you a better return based on value of each player.

I feel like with mixon I was patient with him all last year and he was only ok
[/quote]

I am trying to say that Robinson is HOT right now, and this is a good example to sell HIGH. Mixon value is low and it will be sell LOW no matter what you do. Mixon>>Robinson in my opinion, but value change daily, be patient, Mixon will have 1-2 good games and you may get much better return.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am

Mixon is a hold right now. I probably wouldn't sell Mixon unless I get two 1sts in value. We have seen him dominate at this level before. The Bengals just need a couple more weeks to establish their identity. In a redraft league, I did however trade Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill for Dalvin Cook as I feel Mixon's dynasty outlook is far greater than his redraft outlook.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:54 am

I'd rather have
Barkley
CMC
Zeke
Kamara
Jacobs
Cook
Jones
Chubb
CEH
JT
Sanders

That's 11 in front of him. He's in that next tier of Henry/Dobbins/Ekeler for me. Mixon is valuable to the right owner but how many years have we been saying he's a hold and he never quite produces enough or consistently to be a RB1? If I could swap for any of the 11 I posted, I would. A lot of those guys are behind him in ADP so I'd be flipping him

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:54 am I'd rather have
Barkley
CMC
Zeke
Kamara
Jacobs
Cook
Jones
Chubb
CEH
JT
Sanders

That's 11 in front of him. He's in that next tier of Henry/Dobbins/Ekeler for me. Mixon is valuable to the right owner but how many years have we been saying he's a hold and he never quite produces enough or consistently to be a RB1? If I could swap for any of the 11 I posted, I would. A lot of those guys are behind him in ADP so I'd be flipping him
ADP is weeks out of date now, though. I doubt many of those owners are willing to move their guy straight up for Mixon. Maybe Chubb or Jones depending on the owner, the rest I'd think you have little chance.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

PackAttack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PackAttack » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm
Barkley
CMC
Zeke
Kamara
Jacobs
Cook
Jones
Chubb
CEH
JT
Sanders

This is helpful. Those are my thoughts. I honestly had him at around 12. I think Chubb and Jones (depending where he ends up) are the only guys I would wonder about. I still think he has value because he is a solid rb 2 and the contract they gave him makes me think they are not moving on from him anytime soon. The question then becomes what he is worth in a flip. What type of pick or wr should you get for him?

ADP is weeks out of date now, though. I doubt many of those owners are willing to move their guy straight up for Mixon. Maybe Chubb or Jones depending on the owner, the rest I'd think you have little chance.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm
Barkley
CMC
Zeke
Kamara
Jacobs
Cook
Jones
Chubb
CEH
JT
Sanders

Out of date after 2 weeks? I mean I agree he shouldn't be above them, that's my whole point. But the fact is, a month ago he was only behind CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Zeke, Cook, and CEH. He's always been ahead of guys that are more productive or have a longer future ahead of them. Again, if you could flip for Sanders I would. Hell, with all this negative Barkley talk, you may be able to swap Mixon for Barkley to the right team.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Mixon will never be what everyone wants him to be. See if you can swap him for some of the guys underneath him like Dobbins, Swift, CEH (this is doubtful to happen but it cant hurt to try) and a little extra on top.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:26 pm

I prefer Dobbins to Mixon, myself as well as the rest of the list above.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Mixon is a perfect example of why some organisations should just be avoided all together. It'll be a long time before I think of drafted Browns or Bengals players again. Such waste by Cinci.

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zacharyringer12 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 am

I just bought him for a devy-depleted late 1st, Shenault, Irv Smith, and a devy right (right to pick a devy player in the rookie draft). Not sure if I paid too much or if I got a good deal

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:25 am

He has to be one of the best buy lows right now. Or at least I hope he is.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th