General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:04 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:38 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:37 pm Immediately thought of this thread when I saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/gurufantasywrld/sta ... 59266?s=21
And there's FantasyFreak first in the comments section haha (kidding but that is his frequent counter)
LOL. Based on the picture, the guy is super young. Hasn't seen enough football IMO. Not surprised people jump to statements like this at that age. Also looking for attention. Twitter is all about hot takes. Again, lets wait until he shows it on the outside. A lot of soft coverage. Switch he and Cooper and I think Coop would be killing it in the slot, and Lamb wouldn't be doing what Coop is doing on the outside. Lamb was my WR1 in this class, but he's in a great situation to succeed early. I don't think he's close to THE WR1 in Dynasty yet.
100% agree. I just laughed and thought of you when I saw it haha.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:07 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:06 pm

And there's FantasyFreak first in the comments section haha (kidding but that is his frequent counter)
LOL. Based on the picture, the guy is super young. Hasn't seen enough football IMO. Not surprised people jump to statements like this at that age. Also looking for attention. Twitter is all about hot takes. Again, lets wait until he shows it on the outside. A lot of soft coverage. Switch he and Cooper and I think Coop would be killing it in the slot, and Lamb wouldn't be doing what Coop is doing on the outside. Lamb was my WR1 in this class, but he's in a great situation to succeed early. I don't think he's close to THE WR1 in Dynasty yet.
100% agree. I just laughed and thought of you when I saw it haha.
All good. Thanks for the shout out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:37 pm Immediately thought of this thread when I saw this tweet:

Amari is quietly putting up a great season, BTW.
He is top 5 dynasty value WR though, and that's not really a hot take. Personally, I can see DK Metcalf ranked ahead of him, he's awesome. But the other two young established WRs, Godwin and DJ Moore, Lamb is certainly in the conversation.
Lamb situation has a lot to do with it for sure, combined with his talent. Lamb will be receiving more volume than DJ Moore every year of his career. Heck, he may even outscore him this year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:32 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:32 pm

He is top 5 dynasty value WR though, and that's not really a hot take. Personally, I can see DK Metcalf ranked ahead of him, he's awesome. But the other two young established WRs, Godwin and DJ Moore, Lamb is certainly in the conversation.
Lamb situation has a lot to do with it for sure, combined with his talent. Lamb will be receiving more volume than DJ Moore every year of his career. Heck, he may even outscore him this year.
Not for me he isn't. I still have him outside the top 5. Also a pretty big assumption, to the second in bold.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Amari has 51 targets and 37 receptions through 4 games. On pace for 1616 yards and 148 receptions. Quietly having a top5 season.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Hes outside my top 12. Sorry, but until I see Lamb do something vs legitimate defenders or see defenses scheme to stop him, he is still just a slot WR. This is getting ridiculous. Stop box score scouting.

Literally, people are putting Lamb as a top 5 WR because he was left completely unguarded (the defense literally didnt give a crap about him) from the slot and scored a TD. Dont believe me? Well here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSRUahXHIrM

Stop this foolishness.

Edit: Cooper just had 12 receptions for 134 yards, 1 TD and a 2 pt conversion and lined up vs Ward (or had the defense keying on him) for most of the game and nobody is even talking about him.
Last edited by Bot101 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:48 pm Hes outside my top 12. Sorry, but until I see Lamb do something vs legitimate defenders or see defenses scheme to stop him, he is still just a slot WR. This is getting ridiculous. Stop box score scouting.

Literally, people are putting Lamb as a top 5 WR because he was left completely unguarded (the defense literally didnt give a crap about him) from the slot and scored a TD. Dont believe me? Well here:

Stop this foolishness.
Box score is all that matters in fantasy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:48 pm Hes outside my top 12. Sorry, but until I see Lamb do something vs legitimate defenders or see defenses scheme to stop him, he is still just a slot WR. This is getting ridiculous. Stop box score scouting.

Stop this foolishness.
Box score is all that matters in fantasy.
Yes, and no. Dynasty is about projection, and Lamb hasn't proven he can do anything outside of the slot, and I am not willing to put a slot WR through 4 games into his rookie year in the most perfect situation he will ever see in the top 5. FWIW, I like Lamb a lot, but I understand what BOT is saying, especially in the context of some putting him at THE WR1.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 pm

The Lamb leg humpers wont even bother to open that link. Ignorance is bliss.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:00 pm

I like lamb, just traded for him in a league
I said he was a fringe wr1/2 in the 10-14 range he's still right around there for me

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 pm The Lamb leg humpers wont even bother to open that link. Ignorance is bliss.
Are you saying the Lamb people are sheep?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:00 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 pm The Lamb leg humpers wont even bother to open that link. Ignorance is bliss.
Are you saying the Lamb people are sheep?
Sheep are highly sophisticated animals in comparison. Dont be so derogatory...

to sheep.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Hes outside my top 12. Sorry, but until I see Lamb do something vs legitimate defenders or see defenses scheme to stop him, he is still just a slot WR. This is getting ridiculous. Stop box score scouting.

Stop this foolishness.

Edit: Cooper just had 12 receptions for 134 yards, 1 TD and a 2 pt conversion and lined up vs Ward (or had the defense keying on him) for most of the game and nobody is even talking about him.
I'm not saying Lamb is better than Amari Cooper in 2020, or even 2021. But CeeDee Lamb is 5 years younger...he has 5 years of production on top of anything Amari Cooper does the rest of his career. Unless I only care about 2020, CeeDee Lamb has higher dynasty value.

And if you need to see CeeDee Lamb do everything 4 games in his career, you'll always be behind the ball finding value. That's like fantasy "experts" dismissing James Robinson, and claiming victory because they traded for a 3rd rookie pick, because hey, he is just an UDFA playing on a terrible Jaguars offense...

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Stop this foolishness.

I'm not saying Lamb is better than Amari Cooper in 2020, or even 2021. But CeeDee Lamb is 5 years younger...he has 5 years of production on top of anything Amari Cooper does the rest of his career. Unless I only care about 2020, CeeDee Lamb has higher dynasty value.

And if you need to see CeeDee Lamb do everything 4 games in his career, you'll always be behind the ball finding value. That's like fantasy "experts" dismissing James Robinson, and claiming victory because they traded for a 3rd rookie pick, because hey, he is just an UDFA playing on a terrible Jaguars offense...
And on the flip side you will be behind the ball selling hype. The problem is I like Lamb and I am a Cowboys fan. But the "hype" is absolutely out of control. And I desperately wish I had Lamb on one squad just so I could flip him for all the legit WR 1s who people would take him over.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Stop this foolishness.

And on the flip side you will be behind the ball selling hype. The problem is I like Lamb and I am a Cowboys fan. But the "hype" is absolutely out of control. And I desperately wish I had Lamb on one squad just so I could flip him for all the legit WR 1s who people would take him over.
Yeah, this is cherry picking to the max, IMO. Not sure who claimed victory over selling Robinson for a 3rd, either. I'd like references on these experts claiming this. Nobody is claiming you need to see everything, it's needing to see enough to put him in elite territory. Like playing the outside, or playing well if Coop is hurt, or Gallup, or both. Or playing vs a top corner all game. Or the Cowboys winning some games and not throwing for 450 yards a game. Having Lamb top 5 is too rich for my blood right now, and I really like the player.