CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:19 am

Finfansteve wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:04 am Many moons back I traded a rookie Marshall Faulk before he had played his first nfl game for sterling sharpe who gave me one fantastic year, hurt his neck, and never played another game. I was haunted by Faulk the rest of his career and the guy I traded him to rose him to several Fantasy titles including two of them back to back against me. I’m still sick about it 25 years later. And to top it off I didn’t win the title the one year I had sharpe either
Just give it some more time. You’ll be fine.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 pm
mild wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:14 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:05 pm

I was just making a joke, but yeah.
And for sure, I know what I wrote. I don't hate the trade, but you're now all in. You've -got- to win it whilst D-Hop is D-Hop.

It just struck me as one of those ones you'll remember in a few years... "Yeah, I had CD in his rookie year... traded him for D-Hop to go all-in on a championship window, though... ah well, them's the breaks..."
Speaking of Hopkins, I remember trading him after his rookie season for AJG.
I gave Nuk/1st for Crabtree once upon a time. Don't know if it's the worst I've ever done, but it's up there for sure.

phoenix09
Rookie
Rookie

Postby phoenix09 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 pm
mild wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:14 pm

And for sure, I know what I wrote. I don't hate the trade, but you're now all in. You've -got- to win it whilst D-Hop is D-Hop.

It just struck me as one of those ones you'll remember in a few years... "Yeah, I had CD in his rookie year... traded him for D-Hop to go all-in on a championship window, though... ah well, them's the breaks..."
Speaking of Hopkins, I remember trading him after his rookie season for AJG.
I gave Nuk/1st for Crabtree once upon a time. Don't know if it's the worst I've ever done, but it's up there for sure.
I gave up JuJu and JJ Watt (IDP) for Crabtree.

I won the ship, but Crab did nothing in the playoffs.
12 Team IDP PPR Superflex Dynasty: 1-2 QB, 1-6 RB/WR/TE (7 total), PK, PN, 2DL, 3LB, 2DB.

QB - Richardson, Purdy, Love, Z Wilson
RB - Hall, K Williams, Warren, Edwards, Perine
WR - Lamb, Jeudy, Nacua, Eli Moore, Bateman, Meyers, Downs
TE - Gesicki, Njoku, Kincaid, Smith Jr
DL - Garrett, Burns, Rousseau, Phillips
LB - Q Walker, Al-Shaair, Alexander, Grugier-Hill
DB - Bates, Dugger, A Hooker, K Wallace

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:53 am

All these regrettable trades aren't regrettable because you traded a young guy for an older guy...they're regrettable because the older guy didn't do what was projected and the younger guy turned into a stud. Nuk could play at a high level until he's 33 and Lamb could end up a career WR2, we just don't know. AJG was derailed by injuries in his prime, Odell fell off after leaving NY, AB went insane...it happens. Had those guys continued on the path they were on then trading a rookie who turned into a stud for one of them wouldn't feel bad. And not every promising rookie turns into a mega stud either. What if you'd traded JuJu after '18 for Nuk or Adams? I'd feel pretty good about that right now.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm

hoos89 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:53 am All these regrettable trades aren't regrettable because you traded a young guy for an older guy...they're regrettable because the older guy didn't do what was projected and the younger guy turned into a stud.
Good post. The only thing I would say to that - is that for me personally when it comes to buying players, I'm less interested in paying the Iron Price for what guys have already done - and I'm much more interested in paying for what they -project- to do from now.

It's a similar cost fallacy that makes Dallas pay a premium to Zeke Elliot for "services rendered" for the last four years; it's much more a recognition of what has already been achieved, than for what he's going to do next. (Because why else give a 25 year old RB 50 million guaranteed for 6 years when the data says DO NOT do this)

My projection on Ceedee is that he is a future stud in the making. I don't think that's too much of a hot take after the flashes we saw this year. That's all I really meant by the flippant 2022 comment... to the OP, I hope D-Hop plays hot as heck for you and wins the championship for ya!

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:27 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm
hoos89 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:53 am All these regrettable trades aren't regrettable because you traded a young guy for an older guy...they're regrettable because the older guy didn't do what was projected and the younger guy turned into a stud.
Good post. The only thing I would say to that - is that for me personally when it comes to buying players, I'm less interested in paying the Iron Price for what guys have already done - and I'm much more interested in paying for what they -project- to do from now.

It's a similar cost fallacy that makes Dallas pay a premium to Zeke Elliot for "services rendered" for the last four years; it's much more a recognition of what has already been achieved, than for what he's going to do next. (Because why else give a 25 year old RB 50 million guaranteed for 6 years when the data says DO NOT do this)

My projection on Ceedee is that he is a future stud in the making. I don't think that's too much of a hot take after the flashes we saw this year. That's all I really meant by the flippant 2022 comment... to the OP, I hope D-Hop plays hot as heck for you and wins the championship for ya!
Totally this with me as well. I've been trading for a few years and that's rarely come back to bite me.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm

He has done better than I expected, overall. I still am not over the hump of my initial view of him, pre draft. He was my WR1, but I felt Lamb was best suited to be a WR2 in an offense. Like Juju with AB, I think Lamb can put up really good numbers if he has another WR in his offense, such as Cooper, drawing the more difficult coverage. Lamb is suited to the slot. I am not sure he would be a consistent winner as an alpha, outside receiver. I had reservations about that. As long as Lamb is the WR2 on his team, I think he can produce like a WR1 (with good QB play). I do have my doubts if he has to become "the guy", though. That hasn't changed. Not sure he'd be as productive in that type of role.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 pm

DJM Has shown that he can produce as the number one wide receiver on a team. He is still very young. There’s definitely more risk with Lamb. He has not shown it yet as the true top wide receiver on his team.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:19 am
Finfansteve wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:04 am Many moons back I traded a rookie Marshall Faulk before he had played his first nfl game for sterling sharpe who gave me one fantastic year, hurt his neck, and never played another game. I was haunted by Faulk the rest of his career and the guy I traded him to rose him to several Fantasy titles including two of them back to back against me. I’m still sick about it 25 years later. And to top it off I didn’t win the title the one year I had sharpe either
Perfect response
Just give it some more time. You’ll be fine.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 am

lic217 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 pm DJM Has shown that he can produce as the number one wide receiver on a team. He is still very young. There’s definitely more risk with Lamb. He has not shown it yet as the true top wide receiver on his team.
Somebody should tell Matt Rhule that. :wall: :(

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 am
lic217 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 pm DJM Has shown that he can produce as the number one wide receiver on a team. He is still very young. There’s definitely more risk with Lamb. He has not shown it yet as the true top wide receiver on his team.
I really think it's a Bridgewater being too timid to throw to an open WR downfield issue (particularly given how much pressure he was under yesterday) more than a Rhule issue. I really don't think Rhule told Bridgewater to throw to some of those 3rd down routes that had no chance to be converted.

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:59 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:47 am
I really think it's a Bridgewater being too timid to throw to an open WR downfield issue (particularly given how much pressure he was under yesterday) more than a Rhule issue. I really don't think Rhule told Bridgewater to throw to some of those 3rd down routes that had no chance to be converted.
He had Moore open on a crosser and chose to throw deeper down the field, though. Earlier, he had Moore open on a crosser with a chance to get tons of YAC, but he threw the out to Anderson (who was the first read). I just don't think he's the primary read often. Seems like that. Anderson is the primary read far more often. It is a Rhule thing, along with Brady. Anderson is the featured WR. He's given more chances to get the ball, and that is based largely on coaching.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 am

But there were multiple times where Teddy threw downfield to Robbie or another receiver who had coverage on or near them, while DJM was running wide open underneath on a slant or drag.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 am

But there were multiple times where Teddy threw downfield to Robbie or another receiver who had coverage on or near them, while DJM was running wide open underneath on a slant or drag.
Yeah, that's basically what I was saying in my edit. It comes down to the read progression, a lot. Anderson is usually the earlier read, and that's coaching. Bridgewater isn't the greatest at going through reads, so whoever is the 1, is going to get it a lot more, even if the 2 is a better option. The 3rd read, good luck. DJM was the top WR last year, and he put up great numbers, in basically 14 games. (He played 1 drive and was 1 for 1 before a concussion. He had 86 grabs for almost 1200 yards in 14 games, but he won't get to those numbers with where he is as a player in this offense. The new coaching regime has chosen not to feature him, and instead feature their hand chosen FA. Rhule has a history with RA. It's no accident he's getting the WR1 treatment. It's not Teddy.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:05 am

There were also times when Teddy forced it into double/triple coverage to DJM. I think it's more of a "Bridgewater not making the correct read" thing. Could be that he's getting stuck on the first read? Even if Anderson is the first read on the play, a lot of those open DJM routes should've been thrown to, just like the covered ones should've gone elsewhere.

But anyway this is super off topic. How about CeeDee Lamb with a 3rd string QB??

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper