CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JeromieHomie
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

CeeDee Lamb

Postby JeromieHomie » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Anyone think coopers boom bust games could rub off on lamb?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamb inconsistent?

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Jeromie... Homie... This is a joke right?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:47 pm Jeromie... Homie... This is a joke right?
I think he means that since Cooper will have some massive games, where he has a large percentage of the yards, in those games, Lamb won't do much, and then the games where Cooper disappears, Lamb will get his, not so much that Cooper's lack of consistency will mean Lamb will become inconsistent as a player in real life terms.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:47 pm Jeromie... Homie... This is a joke right?
I think he means that since Cooper will have some massive games, where he has a large percentage of the yards, in those games, Lamb won't do much, and then the games where Cooper disappears, Lamb will get his, not so much that Cooper's lack of consistency will mean Lamb will become inconsistent as a player in real life terms.
2 years from now Cooper won't be a Cowboy.

This is Dynasty.. and that 2 year marination period is exactly why I'm not taking a WR (even Lamb, who I LOVE) over the top 5 RBs in a rookie draft.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm
That would make more sense. I would think that logically you add another talented WR and it would spread things out more. If Lamb is good enough, he would command more targets even when Cooper is having a good game

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Cobb had 828 yards out of the slot. Cooper and Gallup were both over 1100 yards.

Not worried about Lamb or Cooper at all in Dallas. Dallas could have close to 5000 passing yards coming off 4751 yards passing last year.

This team is an offensive juggernaut that looks to have upgraded their WR group.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Most rookie WRs are inconsistent, so not to worry if it does happen. Just hope that when Lamb has a good game, it's a really good game.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm Cobb had 828 yards out of the slot. Cooper and Gallup were both over 1100 yards.

Not worried about Lamb or Cooper at all in Dallas. Dallas could have close to 5000 passing yards coming off 4751 yards passing last year.

This team is an offensive juggernaut that looks to have upgraded their WR group.
If they want to win, which they do, I'd argue those numbers will be tough to duplicate. I think 5000 yards passing will mean another failed season. I think Zeke will still have a strong year with less in the box. For the price, I'd want Cooper, who probably would be tough to sell to a lot of people for the rookie pick that would land Lamb at this point in the dynasty calendar..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:55 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm Cobb had 828 yards out of the slot. Cooper and Gallup were both over 1100 yards.

If they want to win, which they do, I'd argue those numbers will be tough to duplicate. I think 5000 yards passing will mean another failed season. I think Zeke will still have a strong year with less in the box. For the price, I'd want Cooper, who probably would be tough to sell to a lot of people for the rookie pick that would land Lamb at this point in the dynasty calendar..
Wasn't really the offense.
They ranked 1st overall in yards. 2nd in passing. 5th in rushing. 6th in points scored.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Wasn't really the offense.
They ranked 1st overall in yards. 2nd in passing. 5th in rushing. 6th in points scored.
I agree, but a lot of 2nd half passing was due to them trailing, and some of that was on Dak, some was the D. Regardless, I think it's unlikely they improve their passing yardage much (in a 16 game schedule)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 pm

I don't see Dallas taking a big step back in passing this year with Lamb. They do need to score more in the red zone. Cooper is a stud. His owners won't be selling cheap anytime soon. The WR that is really good and probably taking a value hit is Gallup.

He is probably the below market buy these days.

Dallas is loaded. Right or wrong it sounds like Dallas had Lamb #6 overall on their draft board. Great pick for them at 17.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:36 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 pm I don't see Dallas taking a big step back in passing this year with Lamb. They do need to score more in the red zone. Cooper is a stud. His owners won't be selling cheap anytime soon. The WR that is really good and probably taking a value hit is Gallup.

He is probably the below market buy these days.

Dallas is loaded. Right or wrong it sounds like Dallas had Lamb #6 overall on their draft board. Great pick for them at 17.
I honestly didn't like the pick for them, but as you know, I am not overly high on Lamb.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Even though the professionals don't agree it is becoming fashionable for many FF players to not like Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs instead opting for less talented WR's like the senior Mims who I think was the 11th WR drafted. Mims did improve his drop percentage as a senior but it was still 11.4 % for his career.

That said it does show how WR's typically improve over time. This is a deep class with a lot of good WR's so time will tell. I imagine 100% of the teams out there had a mid to high 1st round grade on the top 3.

Chances are 1 may not live up to expectations but today its a pure guess as t which one given how highly all were rated.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:25 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:50 pm Even though the professionals don't agree it is becoming fashionable for many FF players to not like Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs instead opting for less talented WR's like the senior Mims who I think was the 11th WR drafted. Mims did improve his drop percentage as a senior but it was still 11.4 % for his career.

That said it does show how WR's typically improve over time. This is a deep class with a lot of good WR's so time will tell. I imagine 100% of the teams out there had a mid to high 1st round grade on the top 3.

Chances are 1 may not live up to expectations but today its a pure guess as t which one given how highly all were rated.
I like Mims more for the price point. Mims returned for his senior season because he played through a broken hand (which contributed to high drops and lower production as a junior). His overall profile is excellent. Mims costs less than Jeudy or Ruggs, it's not a 1:1 ratio.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 pm

People acting like cooper is not going to be an issue cause he'll be gone or that lamb is that good are pretty unrealistic. Cooper just signed a 5 year, 100 million dollar contract and is only 25 years old. What makes you assume that just because they have the ability to cut cooper 2 years later, they would if he's only 27 and still producing as the better prospect that he was in reference to this class. 2 years later his price will become a bargain compared to the deals that are for top wrs. Convince yourself if you want, but arguing that cooper is somehow just gonna be gone or inferior is not a bet Id make to prove an unproven luxury pick.