CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7929
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 am

Prison_Mike wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 am
Space Cowboy wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:55 am
How high does he go if we re draft? Top 5 without a doubt. I got him @ 1.10. Laughed my way to the bank.
Wow. I thought I stole him at 1.06

I don't think it changes much because he was already top-5 or borderline in every draft I was in, but he definitely moves ahead of Swift and likely Jeudy
It was SF and IDP, sack heavy so Chase Young went top 10 also.

1 CEH
2 Burrow
3 Taylor
4 Tua
5 Dobbins
6 Young
7 Akers
8 Swift
9 Jeudy
10 Lamb

burntfire
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby burntfire » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I'd still take Jeudy over Lamb at this point.

I've watched both play. This year will go to Lamb but from a DYNASTY perspective; Jeudy will be better.
14 Team, 2 QB Dynasty League, 1 Point PPR
2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 3 IR

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold, Jake Luton
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Will Fuller, Jalen Reagor, Antonio Brown, Allen Lazard, Travis Fulgham
RB: Kareem Hunt, Josh Jacobs, Ronald Jones, Marlon Mack, Joshua Kelley, Boston Scott, Deejay Dallas
TE: Robert Tonyan Dissley, David Njoku, Jace Sternberger, Drew Sample, Gerald Everett

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:23 pm

burntfire wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:54 pm
I'd still take Jeudy over Lamb at this point.

I've watched both play. This year will go to Lamb but from a DYNASTY perspective; Jeudy will be better.
I think Lamb has been good, Jeudy has had some drop issue, though certainly flashed, but I think the most impressive WR out of the rookie class has been Jefferson, so far. He's winning on the outside, which is big for me. Knew he could play slot, he destroyed it at LSU playing slot last year. The fact he seems to be able to play inside or out makes him a very versatile, big play threat.

burntfire
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby burntfire » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:36 pm

I liked and still like Jefferson. I want to see him continue his production.

Jeudy has had to be the guy in Denver with Sutton down which I think helps him as a receiver but hurt him in production since he's being watched much harder. The drops don't concern me YET. I mean.. even Jerry Rice had drops his first year and we know how that turned out (no I'm not saying Jeudy is Rice).
14 Team, 2 QB Dynasty League, 1 Point PPR
2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 3 IR

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold, Jake Luton
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Will Fuller, Jalen Reagor, Antonio Brown, Allen Lazard, Travis Fulgham
RB: Kareem Hunt, Josh Jacobs, Ronald Jones, Marlon Mack, Joshua Kelley, Boston Scott, Deejay Dallas
TE: Robert Tonyan Dissley, David Njoku, Jace Sternberger, Drew Sample, Gerald Everett

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10126
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

It's helped a lot that Dallas has been trailing and airing it out at an absurd rate.

Prescott leads the league in completions, attempts, and passing yardage per game (422.5/gm). It'll be interesting to see the numbers when all of that eventually regresses. Lamb will be good no matter what, but there's so much volume in Dallas right now, that it's bloating.

Absolutely love what I've seen from Jefferson so far. Knew his floor was high, but probably underestimated his ceiling some. Just a smooth WR.

Still like Jeudy the best of them all though, even though the QB situation isn't good.

Ice
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Way too early to determine who will be the best. This class was deep.

Lamb has been extremely consistent and is developing nicely with Dak. He is catching everything 5,6,5,5 are solid receptions for a rookie. 21 of 29 target and at 309 yards Lamb is on pace for 1200 yards as a rookie.

Still fine with my rankings
Ruggs
Lamb
Jeudy
Jefferson

Shenault and Aiyuk are the two that are surprising me early. I expect the top 4 to be really good for many years. All of them have WR1 upside on their teams in a few years.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5514
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:51 pm

I was able to draft him in 5 different rookie drafts. Got him at 1.06 in three of those, 1.07 in one and took him at 1.09 in a SF rookie draft. The thing about the rookie drafts, situation means so much and I liked his situation quite a bit more than Jeudy’s, better QB in Dak, better overall offense, more porous defense in Dallas(unfortunately putrid is the word for it). It will be interesting to see what he will do when he’s lined up outside against top CBs, but right now, they really don’t need to do it much, with the way the offense is scoring and having to play in shootouts so often. If you don’t believe in him long-term, for whatever reason, I would trade him in the off-season because his value will be sky high.

remedy29
Starter
Starter
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby remedy29 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:45 am

Patsfan86 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am
Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
For the record, DLF very own rankings has Lamb over DJ Moore....

Metcalf is the top WR in dynasty. I can see an argument for Godwin over Lamb, but it's very close. Again, Lamb over DJ Moore is not outrageous, no need to hate Lamb or be annoyed by "this community" with logical statements. Sorry I made the statement before dynasty rankings are updated so as not to blow your mind.

DLF has Lamb ranked at 8.
Metcalf, obviously ranked a head of him.
Godwin ranked ahead, I say it's close.
The rest are 25 years or older. The younger stud in Lamb should have more value than they do. I see this more as an obvious statement, than anything close to a bold statement.
Prescott, Tua
Chubb, Carson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson
Kittle, Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman

Ice
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 am

Lamb is a beast. His routes are solid and he can really make difficult catches. Already has 2 100 plus yard games. 8 for 124 on 11 targets yesterday.

Losing Dak is going to hurt but still could easily finish a top 20 Wr in fantasy. Absolutely love consistent double digit scores at WR in fantasy and that is 5 straight game which is amazing for a rookie WR.

On a side note; My take is Lamb is worth quite a bit more than Moore. Can't imagine any Lamb owner selling him for that return. Lamb needs to develop before a Godwin owner would sell and no one I know would even think about selling DK for any rookie WR. :D
Last edited by Ice on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am

remedy29 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:45 am
Patsfan86 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am
Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
For the record, DLF very own rankings has Lamb over DJ Moore....

Metcalf is the top WR in dynasty. I can see an argument for Godwin over Lamb, but it's very close. Again, Lamb over DJ Moore is not outrageous, no need to hate Lamb or be annoyed by "this community" with logical statements. Sorry I made the statement before dynasty rankings are updated so as not to blow your mind.

DLF has Lamb ranked at 8.
Metcalf, obviously ranked a head of him.
Godwin ranked ahead, I say it's close.
The rest are 25 years or older. The younger stud in Lamb should have more value than they do. I see this more as an obvious statement, than anything close to a bold statement.
This was also 2 weeks ago now where i made this statement, things change. People were saying this in week 3 and i thought it was outrageous. Week 5, its not so outrageous, except the Metcalf part, which SOME people are still somehow saying. I was also joking about the hate part, but the dynasty community does certainly over and underreact to everything, its been fun to see that over the years as ive been in it more. BUT the people new to it like i was certainly dont benefit by many of the overreactions. New lurkers on this forum are gonna come on here and see people talking about Ceedee for Metcalf and make those trades that arent good. So i just like to point out the overreactions once in a while.

patrickchula
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:00 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby patrickchula » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am
As advertised and then some. I'm actually starting him in redraft where I went RB heavy to the max.
AMEN!.....but I was double dipping with Dak. Now I think I'm doomed.

CeeDee is a beast unfortunately....
Team 1 (SF):
QB:
Josh Allen, Lock, Minshew, Herbert
RB: M Sanders, Kenyan Drake, Gurley, Fournette, D Henderson, Gaskin, Boston Scott
WR: Davante, McLaurin, CeeDee, DJ Moore, M Brown, N Harry, Gandy-Golden, B Cooks, JJAWS, J Reynolds
TE: GRONK, H Henry, M Gesicki, N Fant
Picks: 1, 2,4, 5 (2021)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 2 (SF, TE Prem):
QB:
Russell Wilson, Tua, Cam
RB: Josh Jacobs, D Singletary, C Carson, R Penny, D Washington, B Love, A Gibson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Scary Terry McLaurin, C Kupp, A Thielen, M Gallup, D Slayton, Aiyuk, T Higgins, Shenault, M Hardman, B Cooks, R Higgins, J Reynolds, H Butler, S Sims, K Harmon
TE: GRONK, Hockenson, Kmet, Njoku, D Sample, K Warring
Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (2021)

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Blueboy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 pm

He's currently WR 11 in PPR.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby AussieMate » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm

This is probably going to come off as hating or something so I want to preface this by saying I had Lamb as top 2 from this draft and I still rate him highly for the future.
From what I've watched of cowboys games it looked like defence's have straight up ignored him. Now Lamb can only take what's given to him and there were a few good routes and strong catches in the mix but it feels like it may be premature to anoint him a top 5 dynasty WR just yet, not saying he can't get there.
Thoughts?

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm

AussieMate wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm
This is probably going to come off as hating or something so I want to preface this by saying I had Lamb as top 2 from this draft and I still rate him highly for the future.
From what I've watched of cowboys games it looked like defence's have straight up ignored him. Now Lamb can only take what's given to him and there were a few good routes and strong catches in the mix but it feels like it may be premature to anoint him a top 5 dynasty WR just yet, not saying he can't get there.
Thoughts?
He benefits from playing in the slot. I think “ignored him” is hyperbole. He’s talented at finding holes in zone coverage and he’s too good to be covered by the average slot corner.

There’s some JuJu downside here where his role changes and he’s not the same guy.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5514
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:13 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm
AussieMate wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm
This is probably going to come off as hating or something so I want to preface this by saying I had Lamb as top 2 from this draft and I still rate him highly for the future.
From what I've watched of cowboys games it looked like defence's have straight up ignored him. Now Lamb can only take what's given to him and there were a few good routes and strong catches in the mix but it feels like it may be premature to anoint him a top 5 dynasty WR just yet, not saying he can't get there.
Thoughts?
He benefits from playing in the slot. I think “ignored him” is hyperbole. He’s talented at finding holes in zone coverage and he’s too good to be covered by the average slot corner.

There’s some JuJu downside here where his role changes and he’s not the same guy.

That’s basically how I see it and I watch every single play of every game. He’s also made some nice catches too, one last week that was huge after Dalton had to come in. I also agree about the JuJu comp, he hasn’t had to play outside really, so we don’t know how that would work out. He definitely needs to fill out, but he’s only 21, so I’m not worried much about that. As much as I like him, I still wouldn’t have him as a top 5 dynasty WR though, that’s a little crazy to me, he’s not there yet, I think he can potentially get there but not yet.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], captain howdy, Kurtrambis1, skinfanjon, Vcize and 12 guests

DLF 2020 Cyber Week Sale