CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am

You guys are fools if you don't think Lamb can win outside. Go back and watch the tape over his career. There is a ton of film out there. BTW they call it 3 wide for a reason.

Come on Man... Don't die on the hill of fools......

I agree he isn't worth the WR's mentioned at this point but he runs exceptional routes for a rookie.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:09 am

Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am You guys are fools if you don't think Lamb can win outside. Go back and watch the tape over his career. There is a ton of film out there. BTW they call it 3 wide for a reason.

I agree he isn't worth the WR's mentioned at this point but he runs exceptional routes for a rookie.
I'm with you. Pretty clear to me that Lamb will develop into an elite NFL WR, which includes winning on the outside, but the fact that it's still a bet that has to be made is reason to take a number of guys above him.

FWIW, I did move both DJM and Metcalf for what I perceived to be max value in a league this offseason, purely because I was confident enough that Lamb would be able to fill in for them.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:39 am

Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am You guys are fools if you don't think Lamb can win outside. Go back and watch the tape over his career. There is a ton of film out there. BTW they call it 3 wide for a reason.

It's the drugs. But I'll divert to you, as you spend more time in your Mom's basement watching film than most. :wave:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:58 pm

I'm dropping him back to WR 3 in dynasty. Would have dropped him back to 2, but Adams was out, so to drop back another spot.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:14 pm

He's no J. Jefferson :snooty:

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:49 am
Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:43 am

In all honesty he is my rookie WR1 over Jeudy, i do think he will be great but statements like that after 2 games are just insane. I honestly dont even know where they come from, how do people think these things? I need an explanation.
Drugs man Drugs

That said he does look a bit like Hopkins the way he runs his routes.

Oh and if he can win out of the slot he can win outside 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:

Well it kinda does matter. And I wish I had CeeDee in my leagues just so I could sell to doofs who have him above DJM, Godwin and DK :wall:
It's official.
CeeDee Lamb will outscore DJM and Godwin between the years 2021 and 2023. I'm a little worried about Godsend, but not much worried about DJM.
Metcalf, I'd be worried about, he is a fantastic WR in a great situation, but no way am I trading CeeDee plus a 1st for him, and quite frankly no sane person would either.

CeeDee was as big or bigger of a prospect than all these guys. I do not doubt he develops into a top WR. Not sure why that's a bold statement.

I'll revisit this post sometime in the next few years when it's obvious I am right.
Last edited by remedy29 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:26 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am
Drugs man Drugs

That said he does look a bit like Hopkins the way he runs his routes.

Oh and if he can win out of the slot he can win outside 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:

Well it kinda does matter. And I wish I had CeeDee in my leagues just so I could sell to doofs who have him above DJM, Godwin and DK :wall:
It's official.
CeeDee Lamb will outscore DJM and Godwin between the years 2021 and 2023. I'm a little worried about Godsend, but much worried about DJM.
Metcalf, I'd be worried about, he is a fantastic WR in a great situation, but no way am I trading CeeDee plus a 1st for him, and quite frankly no sane person would either.

CeeDee was as big or bigger of a prospect than all these guys. I do not doubt he develops into a top WR. Not sure why that's a bold statement.

I'll revisit this post sometime in the next few years when it's obvious I am right.
It's official. You don't know what official means. Because he had 4 grabs against a garbage D without it's all pro safety? I think you're argument is extremely weak. I'll revisit this too.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm

It's official.
CeeDee Lamb will outscore DJM and Godwin between the years 2021 and 2023. I'm a little worried about Godsend, but much worried about DJM.

It's official. You don't know what official means. Because he had 4 grabs against a garbage D without it's all pro safety? I think you're argument is extremely weak. I'll revisit this too.
are you gonna come back to this thread throughout his career everytime he doesnt have a triple digit game? there are alot of mouths to feed in Dal, and he didnt eat as much this game. but 5 for 6 and 65 yards is not a bad game lol. You picked a really odd hill to die on, cant tell if your salty you passed on him, or you were low on him to begin with and hate that he's looked really good thus far
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:47 pm

It's official.

are you gonna come back to this thread throughout his career everytime he doesnt have a triple digit game? there are alot of mouths to feed in Dal, and he didnt eat as much this game. but 5 for 6 and 65 yards is not a bad game lol. You picked a really odd hill to die on, cant tell if your salty you passed on him, or you were low on him to begin with and hate that he's looked really good thus far
What are you talking about? Are you dense? An odd hill to die on? Are you daft? Seriously. Look up the definition of official. The poster I quoted has said unequivocally that Lamb will outscore other receivers that are top end guys, as if he has a time machine. Maybe it happens, but it's not "official". Guy doesn't have an NFL TD. I'm not salty, I'm realistic. I think you have severe ownership bias, to target me in this manner. It's a weak straw man argument. I never said the guy wasn't good. Read words. Interpret them. It helps.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 pm

What are you talking about? Are you dense? An odd hill to die on? Are you daft? Seriously. Look up the definition of official. The poster I quoted has said unequivocally that Lamb will outscore other receivers that are top end guys, as if he has a time machine. Maybe it happens, but it's not "official". Guy doesn't have an NFL TD. I'm not salty, I'm realistic. I think you have severe ownership bias, to target me in this manner. It's a weak straw man argument. I never said the guy wasn't good. Read words. Interpret them. It helps.
Im more referring to you scoffing at his stat line from 1 game, its clear you dont like the kid. and the more pushback you get on it the less reasonable you get. I dont have an ownership bias. I drafted him because I believed him to be the best WR in this class and that he would be my WR1 for years to come. He has shown me nothing that would make me believe that i was wrong on either of my projections
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 am

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:22 am

Im more referring to you scoffing at his stat line from 1 game, its clear you dont like the kid. and the more pushback you get on it the less reasonable you get. I dont have an ownership bias. I drafted him because I believed him to be the best WR in this class and that he would be my WR1 for years to come. He has shown me nothing that would make me believe that i was wrong on either of my projections
He was my WR1 in the class. I stated he was better than Hollywood in the "Hollywood is the best value in the draft" thread from last year, a year before he came out of college, when he was just a sophomore. Got some clap back for that. You're misinterpreting my sense of realism and tempered expectations for dislike. Lamb is doing exactly what I thought he'd be doing, working from the slot in Dallas. My track record and post history would indicate I feel he can succeed in this role, but I am not sure about him being a true WR1 in the NFL. I am not sure if he can win outside. He played in a soft conference, and his game vs a freshman, Stingley, gave me pause. I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying its not a given, and I'm not willing to propel him into the conversation of top end Dynasty WR's yet. I think he has a very safe floor. I am not sure he has the ceiling that would really put him in rarified air. It may be a situation like Lockett and DK with Dak, where they just go bonkers, if they throw enough, but I am not sold on the talent to level of top end WR's in Dynasty. I can see him being top 12 in my ranking by the end of the year, he's just not quite there yet.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 am

Just popping up from my basement film study to check on the CeeDee Lamb wars...

Sounds like the battle will go on a while.

Lamb is No DK.....Leon Lett is convinced DK can only be compared to one player the next few weeks. :roll:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 am

He's got the upside potential to do it, but saying he's a top5 WR after just 5 weeks in which DAL trailed the entire time, is just a tad premature. He looks great so far though.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 am
ThunderTung wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:22 am

He was my WR1 in the class. I stated he was better than Hollywood in the "Hollywood is the best value in the draft" thread from last year, a year before he came out of college, when he was just a sophomore. Got some clap back for that. You're misinterpreting my sense of realism and tempered expectations for dislike. Lamb is doing exactly what I thought he'd be doing, working from the slot in Dallas. My track record and post history would indicate I feel he can succeed in this role, but I am not sure about him being a true WR1 in the NFL. I am not sure if he can win outside. He played in a soft conference, and his game vs a freshman, Stingley, gave me pause. I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying its not a given, and I'm not willing to propel him into the conversation of top end Dynasty WR's yet. I think he has a very safe floor. I am not sure he has the ceiling that would really put him in rarified air. It may be a situation like Lockett and DK with Dak, where they just go bonkers, if they throw enough, but I am not sold on the talent to level of top end WR's in Dynasty. I can see him being top 12 in my ranking by the end of the year, he's just not quite there yet.
Thank you, maybe i was misinterpreting your tone, this seemed much more reasonable though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 am
Lamb is No DK.....Leon Lett is convinced DK can only be compared to one player the next few weeks. :roll:
Off topic but this was hilarious as a DK owner. He more than salvaged his day and i was happy with his performance but this made me laugh. Im 0-3 and DK is a bright spot so far but my team is the NFL blooper reels between this and Swifts drop. Hopefully DK learns never to do that again.

I think both Lamb and Gallup owners need to be concerned about the other and that is just the way it is going to be for a while. The "Gallup is the WR3" nonsense also needs to stop. Gallup is not going anywhere and neither is Lamb. We unfortunately wont see Lambs full potential until Gallup is gone (and can we even be sure this will happen?)