General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
MVP
MVP

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am

vflgladiators wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am
Honestly I think Cooper is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. Just my opinion but he is a purely volume WR with bricks for hands.
Honestly, you need to reevaluate. :crazy:
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:29 am
Patsfan86 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am
Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: Terrible D today. I want to see him win outside. Not sold he can do that.
In all honesty he is my rookie WR1 over Jeudy, i do think he will be great but statements like that after 2 games are just insane. I honestly dont even know where they come from, how do people think these things? I need an explanation.

Ice
MVP
MVP

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am

Patsfan86 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Patsfan86 wrote:
Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: Terrible D today. I want to see him win outside. Not sold he can do that.
In all honesty he is my rookie WR1 over Jeudy, i do think he will be great but statements like that after 2 games are just insane. I honestly dont even know where they come from, how do people think these things? I need an explanation.
Drugs man Drugs

That said he does look a bit like Hopkins the way he runs his routes.

Oh and if he can win in the slot he can win outside. 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:
Last edited by Ice on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:49 am

Ice wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am
Patsfan86 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

Drugs man Drugs

Oh and if he can win out of the slot he can win outside 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:

Well it kinda does matter. And I wish I had CeeDee in my leagues just so I could sell to doofs who have him above DJM, Godwin and DK :wall:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am

Patsfan86 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:
Patsfan86 wrote:
Because I saw a sophomore CB basically neutralize him on the outside last year, that's why. His conference has powder puff D's, and when he played Stingley, he didn't do so well. I need to see it vs NFL corners. I had him over Jeudy as well, FWIW.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:56 am

Ice wrote:
Patsfan86 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

Drugs man Drugs

Oh and if he can win in the slot he can win outside. 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:
Well, in the slot, you have more 2 way ability, surely you should know that. Playing the outside is simply not the same thing, but maybe it's the drugs talking.

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:58 am

As a DK owner id need a first and Lamb to even consider it, and again i like Lamb. But like others have brought up we cant deny that he has a WR1 in cooper, an extremely talented player in Gallup and a possible HOF RB on his team. These all matter big time for a rookie, and we have seen rookies put up good numbers in these kinds of situations before. Also Mike Mcarthy actually managed to make Randall Cobb a thing in the slot so the system does matter. Its a great situation for Lamb. Lets see how things evolve before we anoint him anything.

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am
Patsfan86 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

Because I saw a sophomore CB basically neutralize him on the outside last year, that's why. His conference has powder puff D's, and when he played Stingley, he didn't do so well. I need to see it vs NFL corners. I had him over Jeudy as well, FWIW.
My post was directed at the "Ill take Lamb over DJM" statement not at your statement about Lamb not being able to win on the outside.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:03 am

Patsfan86 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am
Patsfan86 wrote:

My post was directed at the "Ill take Lamb over DJM" statement not at your statement about Lamb not being able to win on the outside.
Ah. Cool. :thumbup:

Ice
MVP
MVP

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am

You guys are fools if you don't think Lamb can win outside. Go back and watch the tape over his career. There is a ton of film out there. BTW they call it 3 wide for a reason.

Come on Man... Don't die on the hill of fools......

I agree he isn't worth the WR's mentioned at this point but he runs exceptional routes for a rookie.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:09 am

Ice wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am
You guys are fools if you don't think Lamb can win outside. Go back and watch the tape over his career. There is a ton of film out there. BTW they call it 3 wide for a reason.

I agree he isn't worth the WR's mentioned at this point but he runs exceptional routes for a rookie.
I'm with you. Pretty clear to me that Lamb will develop into an elite NFL WR, which includes winning on the outside, but the fact that it's still a bet that has to be made is reason to take a number of guys above him.

FWIW, I did move both DJM and Metcalf for what I perceived to be max value in a league this offseason, purely because I was confident enough that Lamb would be able to fill in for them.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:39 am

Ice wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am

It's the drugs. But I'll divert to you, as you spend more time in your Mom's basement watching film than most. :wave:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:58 pm

I'm dropping him back to WR 3 in dynasty. Would have dropped him back to 2, but Adams was out, so to drop back another spot.

cazzie33
Captain
Captain

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:14 pm

He's no J. Jefferson :snooty:

remedy29
Starter
Starter

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:49 am
Ice wrote:
Patsfan86 wrote:

Drugs man Drugs

Oh and if he can win out of the slot he can win outside 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:

Well it kinda does matter. And I wish I had CeeDee in my leagues just so I could sell to doofs who have him above DJM, Godwin and DK :wall:
It's official.
CeeDee Lamb will outscore DJM and Godwin between the years 2021 and 2023. I'm a little worried about Godsend, but not much worried about DJM.
Metcalf, I'd be worried about, he is a fantastic WR in a great situation, but no way am I trading CeeDee plus a 1st for him, and quite frankly no sane person would either.

CeeDee was as big or bigger of a prospect than all these guys. I do not doubt he develops into a top WR. Not sure why that's a bold statement.

I'll revisit this post sometime in the next few years when it's obvious I am right.
Last edited by remedy29 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prescott, Tua, Luck
Chubb, Carson, J Robinson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson, A. Brown,
Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman, Knox, Mo-Allie