CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 am

ThunderTung wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:50 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am
ThunderTung wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:27 am


Trying to hold back my bias as an owner, however idk if your necessarily being fair to the kid. What do you expect these "experts" to say? he was arguably the best wr coming out of the draft, and has proven it thus far.

He might be toasting slot cb's and LB's rn, but isnt that what good wr's are supposed to do? I'm not going to argue he's better than coop or gallup rn, but he's also a rookie, i wouldnt expect him to be.

I know your not new to this, why wouldnt his value be tied to what he can be, and not what he is right now? thats what dynasty is for rookies. If there is anyone in the world that values him less than a wr1 in dynasty they're out of their minds.

I didnt draft him as early as i did because i thought he'd turn into a solid wr2. I picked him that early because I thought he'd turn into an elite wr1. and if he continues to develop and improve, thats exactly what he looks like he'll be.
His entire point about these "experts" was he wasn't better than Cooper and people were saying he was. He's a Cowboys fan, FWIW. I don't understand why so many around here jump to such extremes. So if I don't value Lamb as a top twelve WR, I'm out of my mind? Come of it. People can value players differently, why such an absolutist stance?
his entire point was delegitimizing the hype, and i just don't think thats fair. We all know things over exaggerated in the fantasy community, albeit i dont really pay attention to these "experts" if they're anointing him a hof already yea they need to slow down, however saying he's a wr1 IN DYNASTY is not crazy by any stretch of the imagination. to answer your question, yes. If you sold Lamb for less than a wr1 price tag,
i'd believe you are out of your mind
Isn't that cute.

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4539
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 pm

I am saying if he is being valued as a WR 1 you should sell. He might end up better than Cooper and Gallup. But to put him at the value he is at now because he is being schemed into good matchups is ridiculous to me. Its gone off the rails. And yes I saw numerous fantasy analysts already say hes a top 12 WR and already better than Cooper and Gallup, which both are false. As a Cowboys fan I am obviously liking what I see. But Ryan Mcdowell ran a series of polls on Twitter that pitted Lamb vs other WRs in the NFL. And I was shocked, I would have taken a lof of the players he beat in the polls over him. And in polls he lost he was close (at the time). If I can flip Lamb straight up or in a package for Moore, Godwin, AJB, Chark, MT, Hill, Arob, Adams I would in a heartbeat.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Chwf3rd » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am
His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
This.

CD is now my rookie WR1 whereas I previously had him behind Jeudy but the driving factor is really situation. He's looked solid but unspectacular. Playing in the slot has made life easier for him and a lot of his production is coming on crossing patterns vs zone coverage. Not even a knock on him as he's been good just recognizing that he hasn't looked like some transcendent talent.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, PRivers
RB: AKamara, JMixon, DHenderson, LMcCoy, RArmstead, TPollard
WR: ACooper, SDiggs, CSamuel, AJGreen, SWatkins, AMiller, DiJohnson, ZPascal
TE: MAndrews, ISmith, KWarring
Record: 4-6
Picks: 1, 1, 1

Team 2 - 12 team, PPR, superflex
QB: MStafford, SDarnold, DJones, BRoethlisberger, ALuck
RB: DCook, PLindsay, TColeman, DSingletary, JWhite, DFreeman, CHyde, MWalton, RMostert, MGaskin, QOllison
WR: DAdams, MEvans, SDiggs, DSamuel, SWatkins, MHardman, GAllison
TE: JDoyle, TBurton, DKnox, DFells, KWarring
Record: 6-4
Picks: 1, 2, 2

Team 3 - 12 team, PPR, 2QB, 2TE
QB: DWatson, CWentz, MStafford, DJones, ALuck
RB: NChubb, DMontgomery, SMichel, KDrake, CHyde, TJohnson, MWalton, KBallage, CThompson, JDMcKissic, QOllison
WR: THill, DAdams, SDiggs, DSamuel, PCampbell, DiJohnson, JCrowder, JWashington, ALazard, ATate
TE: GKittle, HHenry, TJHock, KWarring
Record: 8-2
Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Chwf3rd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:28 pm
Bot101 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am
His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
This.

CD is now my rookie WR1 whereas I previously had him behind Jeudy but the driving factor is really situation. He's looked solid but unspectacular. Playing in the slot has made life easier for him and a lot of his production is coming on crossing patterns vs zone coverage. Not even a knock on him as he's been good just recognizing that he hasn't looked like some transcendent talent.
That's basically Cooper Kupps role, and there was serious debate if he was a top 10 or even top 5 WR in dynasty last season, I think everyone can agree he's more talented and athletic than Kupp. Even if that's all he ever does his entire career that's an insanely valuable fantasy player, and he's only played 2 games so we definitely can't pigeonhole him imto that yet.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10092
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:35 pm

I still have Jeudy as WR1, but Lamb is in a better situation with two better WRs taking away coverage and an offense that will produce a lot of yards and points.

By the time Gallup's deal runs out, Lamb will be entering 3rd year breakout territory (assuming he hasn't broken out before then). Lamb is a good investment to me. His floor is appealing and the upside will be pretty high going forward.

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5510
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm
Chwf3rd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:28 pm
Bot101 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am
His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
This.

CD is now my rookie WR1 whereas I previously had him behind Jeudy but the driving factor is really situation. He's looked solid but unspectacular. Playing in the slot has made life easier for him and a lot of his production is coming on crossing patterns vs zone coverage. Not even a knock on him as he's been good just recognizing that he hasn't looked like some transcendent talent.
That's basically Cooper Kupps role, and there was serious debate if he was a top 10 or even top 5 WR in dynasty last season, I think everyone can agree he's more talented and athletic than Kupp. Even if that's all he ever does his entire career that's an insanely valuable fantasy player, and he's only played 2 games so we definitely can't pigeonhole him imto that yet.
Exactly. I got him in so many rookie drafts at 1.07 and took him over Jeudy, every chance I had. I think him and Jeudy are close in talent but I loved Lamb’s situation quite a bit more than Jeudy’s in Denver. If he can give me numbers similar to Kupp within the first season or two, that’s great value at where most people got him. Plus, I think he has upside for more, once he gains some weight/muscle.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby vflgladiators » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am

Honestly I think Cooper is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. Just my opinion but he is a purely volume WR with bricks for hands.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Lamar Jackson, Drew Brees
RBs: JK Dobbins, Antonio Gibson, Tarik Cohen, Gus Edwards, Carlos Hyde, Nyheim Hines, JD McKissic, Anthony McFarland
WR/TEs: Tyreek Hill, Juju Smith-Schuster, DJ Chark, Marquise Brown, Diontae Johnson, Henry Ruggs, Brandon Aiyuk, Van Jefferson, Darren Waller, Quintez Cephus, Russell Gage, Kenny Stills
K: Lutz, Carlson
DST: Patriots, Giants
2019 Champ
2021 picks: 2nd, 3rd, 3rd

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Lamar Jackson, Drew Lock, Sam Darnold, Philip Rivers
RBs: JK Dobbins, Jonathon Taylor, Alexander Mattison, Gus Edwards, JaMycal Hasty, Marlon Mack
WRs: Juju, Chase Claypool, Tee Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Michael Pittman, James Washington, Russell Gage, Devin Duvernay
TEs: Hunter Henry, Dalton Schultz
Ks: Lutz, Tucker
DST: Colts, Bears
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:12 am

vflgladiators wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am
Honestly I think Cooper is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. Just my opinion but he is a purely volume WR with bricks for hands.
Dude has made 2 one handed grabs this year. He's had some drop issues in the past, but they are concentration drops. Coop routinely makes difficult catches. How is he a volume receiver when he's never had more than 132 targets, and 119 is the most he's had in Dallas in one season?

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Blueboy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am

Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill

remedy29
Starter
Starter
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby remedy29 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am

Blueboy wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am
Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.
Totally agree. In a Dynasty format, to build a team, I find it hard to say I'd trade CeeDee Lamb for any WR. There a few that are his equal, but I'm not rushing to trade CeeDee for Godwin, who's tied to an aging QB or Metcalf (nothing really bad to say about Metcalf) or DJ, just no I'll take CeeDee. Everyone else who is preceived to be better, are older. I'm not trading away CeeDee's youth for an older WR who I view as near equivalent in fantasy points, possibly as soon as this year, and moving forward.
Prescott, Tua, Luck
Chubb, Carson, J Robinson, D. Harris, Lindsay
C Lamb, C. Kupp, Chase Claypool, Robby Anderson, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson, A. Brown,
Ebron, Harrison Bryant, Trautman, Knox, Mo-Allie

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 am

remedy29 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am
Blueboy wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am
Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.
Totally agree. In a Dynasty format, to build a team, I find it hard to say I'd trade CeeDee Lamb for any WR. There a few that are his equal, but I'm not rushing to trade CeeDee for Godwin, who's tied to an aging QB or Metcalf (nothing really bad to say about Metcalf) or DJ, just no I'll take CeeDee. Everyone else who is preceived to be better, are older. I'm not trading away CeeDee's youth for an older WR who I view as near equivalent in fantasy points, possibly as soon as this year, and moving forward.
I wouldn't trade Godwin or DJM, or Metcalf for Lamb. Not a chance. Guy hasn't even played outside yet and proven anything. Has played 2 games. All those other players are worth more to me. I'd need a significant piece on top to send them packing for Lamb. Reading between the lines, you're essentially saying he's the WR1 in Dynasty, and I'd like to see more than a decent game against a horrible D, where 20 percent of his yards came after a play that should have ended the game (if the Falcons could play special teams). Lamb has been strictly slot, and I have no idea if he can win on the outside at all.

He struggled against a freshman corner against one of the few good D's he played in college last year. He was fine against bad Big 12 D's, but I am not sure he's a guy who can consistently win outside, so he may be just a slot guy, which is fine, as long as he has a superior WR in Cooper on his team drawing coverage, and a back like Zeke drawing safeties away from him. I like Lamb a lot, but he's the benefactor of a ridiculously good situation, and that's pumping up his stats. He's a fine player, but he's not the Dynasty WR1, or close to it, at this point.

Mjvb5
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 am
remedy29 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am
Blueboy wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am
Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.
Totally agree. In a Dynasty format, to build a team, I find it hard to say I'd trade CeeDee Lamb for any WR. There a few that are his equal, but I'm not rushing to trade CeeDee for Godwin, who's tied to an aging QB or Metcalf (nothing really bad to say about Metcalf) or DJ, just no I'll take CeeDee. Everyone else who is preceived to be better, are older. I'm not trading away CeeDee's youth for an older WR who I view as near equivalent in fantasy points, possibly as soon as this year, and moving forward.
I wouldn't trade Godwin or DJM, or Metcalf for Lamb. Not a chance. Guy hasn't even played outside yet and proven anything. Has played 2 games. All those other players are worth more to me. I'd need a significant piece on top to send them packing for Lamb. Reading between the lines, you're essentially saying he's the WR1 in Dynasty, and I'd like to see more than a decent game against a horrible D, where 20 percent of his yards came after a play that should have ended the game (if the Falcons could play special teams). Lamb has been strictly slot, and I have no idea if he can win on the outside at all.

He struggled against a freshman corner against one of the few good D's he played in college last year. He was fine against bad Big 12 D's, but I am not sure he's a guy who can consistently win outside, so he may be just a slot guy, which is fine, as long as he has a superior WR in Cooper on his team drawing coverage, and a back like Zeke drawing safeties away from him. I like Lamb a lot, but he's the benefactor of a ridiculously good situation, and that's pumping up his stats. He's a fine player, but he's not the Dynasty WR1, or close to it, at this point.
X2 I'm all for bumping him to the fringe wr1/2 range but let's pump the brakes on making him the wr1 overall after playing two games.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Mjvb5 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 am
remedy29 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am


Totally agree. In a Dynasty format, to build a team, I find it hard to say I'd trade CeeDee Lamb for any WR. There a few that are his equal, but I'm not rushing to trade CeeDee for Godwin, who's tied to an aging QB or Metcalf (nothing really bad to say about Metcalf) or DJ, just no I'll take CeeDee. Everyone else who is preceived to be better, are older. I'm not trading away CeeDee's youth for an older WR who I view as near equivalent in fantasy points, possibly as soon as this year, and moving forward.
I wouldn't trade Godwin or DJM, or Metcalf for Lamb. Not a chance. Guy hasn't even played outside yet and proven anything. Has played 2 games. All those other players are worth more to me. I'd need a significant piece on top to send them packing for Lamb. Reading between the lines, you're essentially saying he's the WR1 in Dynasty, and I'd like to see more than a decent game against a horrible D, where 20 percent of his yards came after a play that should have ended the game (if the Falcons could play special teams). Lamb has been strictly slot, and I have no idea if he can win on the outside at all.

He struggled against a freshman corner against one of the few good D's he played in college last year. He was fine against bad Big 12 D's, but I am not sure he's a guy who can consistently win outside, so he may be just a slot guy, which is fine, as long as he has a superior WR in Cooper on his team drawing coverage, and a back like Zeke drawing safeties away from him. I like Lamb a lot, but he's the benefactor of a ridiculously good situation, and that's pumping up his stats. He's a fine player, but he's not the Dynasty WR1, or close to it, at this point.
X2 I'm all for bumping him to the fringe wr1/2 range but let's pump the brakes on making him the wr1 overall after playing two games.
Matt Kelley has put him in the top 5, so a lot of his followers are going to follow suit, (and his podcast is probably the most popular out there) so expect the community to go crazy about him. Love Matt Kelley's site, but he doesn't know a lot about actual football IMO. He's too analytics based for me. I heard the take, and there are way too many assumptions made, including Lamb's supposed volume over the course of years vs some other players like AJB. I'm not willing to put a guy who's never scored an NFL TD in the top 5 after 2 games of his career.

Watched his catches vs a bad Falcons D. 2 manufactured touches around the LOS. One he just ran a route and the Falcons blew their zone assignments, one he definitely beat a guy in man vs man, and his last catch, he got away with blatant OPI, the big play that set up the FG. I really like Lamb, said he was better than Hollywood years ago when they were both at OSU, but I just can't put him up there over young WR's who have produced and proved they can win outside in the NFL, as well as the slot. Lamb has been 90 percent slot and has a ton of talent drawing attention away from him. If that changes, and he has to move outside, I have no idea if he can succeed.

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am

Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:29 am

Patsfan86 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am
Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: Terrible D today. I want to see him win outside. Not sold he can do that. BTW, by the logic being used that Lamb is a top 5 WR at this point, and the logic that James Robinson's UDFA status no longer matters, shouldn't he be a top 5 dynasty RB now? :lol:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: liquidn1tr0, Midnight and 6 guests