General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Joshua Kelley

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:29 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:08 am Traded him, Hamler and a 2021 3rd for Ruggs.
That seems about right.
Not a Ruggs guy, but agree on value. I think Hamler is the next big value riser with Sutton out. He got open seemingly at will against a great defense.
I think long term Ruggs will be the best piece in the deal. Ruggs, when he was healthy, looked like a difference maker. I took the opportunity to buy while I could. Not really all that excited about a Driskel led offense. I got Hamler for a dollar on a 1000 dollar budget in the startup, so I think I did well overall, considering the original price.

I think it's funny that CBS Sports said the opposite of you, that he struggled to get open at times vs the Steelers.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:05 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:33 pm
CGW wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Good flips.
It was a very mutually beneficial trade. He lost Saquon and hes pretty locked into the 1.01. I am competing now. Its funny because he actually turned down my initial offer of Sutton and Kirk for Arob which I thought was a higher value offer.
Makes total sense for both your situation and based on censensus value.

Me, I think Arob's overrated, though much of that stems from my disgust with the Bears organization.

I say this and I just picked up Mooney. Football Gods help me. :P

Speaking of overrated, BOT, Kelley's fast approaching ludicrous fandom levels even with a stud like Ekeler still there.
Yeah. I have Ekeler too, so I tried trading them as a package. But the guy I traded Kelley to said Ekeler is, and I quote, a "turd sandwich" and can only catch passes and Kelley will take the job eventually. So I was happy to sell to him.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 pm Yeah. I have Ekeler too, so I tried trading them as a package. But the guy I traded Kelley to said Ekeler is, and I quote, a "turd sandwich" and can only catch passes and Kelley will take the job eventually. So I was happy to sell to him.
Hah! Honestly, Ekeler's surprised me on the ground compared to what I saw last year. He looks like a stronger, better inside runner this year. And they've given both those guys plenty of carries. Hope Herbert sticks so this offense doesn't stink up the joint again with Taylor out there doing next to nothing.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:12 pm

I agree. Although I face palmed so hard when Lynn said Taylor is the starter when healthy and that he gives them the best chance to win. Uh no moron he doesnt. He saves your job as long as you can keep the "I havent started the rookie QB yet" card in your back pocket. What an idiot.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:12 pm I agree. Although I face palmed so hard when Lynn said Taylor is the starter when healthy and that he gives them the best chance to win. Uh no moron he doesnt. He saves your job as long as you can keep the "I havent started the rookie QB yet" card in your back pocket. What an idiot.
It was also a brilliant piece of hedging by him, though. They would have had to have known the initial diagnosis by then, so his feint at "when healthy" was the key part of the statement.

He was just leaving himself with all options open and maximum face-save for his Vet, whilst knowing full-well that Tyrod likely had a collapsed lung. Classic coach speak. We'll see what his tune is when Tyrod is actually healthy enough to go, and Herbert is fresh off destroying the Panthers secondary.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:42 pm

mild wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:12 pm I agree. Although I face palmed so hard when Lynn said Taylor is the starter when healthy and that he gives them the best chance to win. Uh no moron he doesnt. He saves your job as long as you can keep the "I havent started the rookie QB yet" card in your back pocket. What an idiot.
It was also a brilliant piece of hedging by him, though. They would have had to have known the initial diagnosis by then, so his feint at "when healthy" was the key part of the statement.

He was just leaving himself with all options open and maximum face-save for his Vet, whilst knowing full-well that Tyrod likely had a collapsed lung. Classic coach speak. We'll see what his tune is when Tyrod is actually healthy enough to go, and Herbert is fresh off destroying the Panthers secondary.
Yeah he probably was. I just lost a lot of respect when he said Taylor gave them the best chance to win. And then doubled down and said Herbert was a backup for a reason. Yeah, because you're a Hugh Jackson level dummy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:29 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Yeah he probably was. I just lost a lot of respect when he said Taylor gave them the best chance to win. And then doubled down and said Herbert was a backup for a reason. Yeah, because you're a Hugh Jackson level dummy.
Stop it. Lynn is a fine HC. As a Raiders fan, I fully endorse him as the long term answer to the Chargers.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:29 am

Stop it. Lynn is a fine HC. As a Raiders fan, I fully endorse him as the long term answer to the Chargers.
Me too. In fact the while Chargers organization really shouldn’t change a thing. Clearly the real problem this time was Rivers. Nothing else. Their 3rd to 5th greatest player in franchise history. He was the real problem this whole time.
Everything else about their organization is near perfect.

Now that he is removed there is nothing stopping them from from division titles, dynasties and maybe even being a top 10 most popular team in the city of Los Angeles

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:21 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:33 pm

It was a very mutually beneficial trade. He lost Saquon and hes pretty locked into the 1.01. I am competing now. Its funny because he actually turned down my initial offer of Sutton and Kirk for Arob which I thought was a higher value offer.

Me, I think Arob's overrated, though much of that stems from my disgust with the Bears organization.

Speaking of overrated, BOT, Kelley's fast approaching ludicrous fandom levels even with a stud like Ekeler still there.
Yeah. I have Ekeler too, so I tried trading them as a package. But the guy I traded Kelley to said Ekeler is, and I quote, a "turd sandwich" and can only catch passes and Kelley will take the job eventually. So I was happy to sell to him.
Turd sandwich is a term used a ton by the dynasty nerds podcast. Those dudes are almost as bad at this as UTH.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:02 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:21 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 pm

Turd sandwich is a term used a ton by the dynasty nerds podcast. Those dudes are almost as bad this as UTH.
Yeah, they are terrible. "Nerd Herd"? More like "Nerd Turd". (See what I did there?) They will always come second to a cup of coffee for me.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:02 am Yeah, they are terrible. "Nerd Herd"? More like "Nerd Turd". (See what I did there?) They will always come second to a cup of coffee for me.
Really? Not “Turd Herd?? 😬
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Going to bring the dueling Kelley and Robinson threads together for a moment and ask, which guy do you prefer between the two and why?
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm

blemly wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:52 pm Going to bring the dueling Kelley and Robinson threads together for a moment and ask, which guy do you prefer between the two and why?
Kelley. Better draft capital and on the better team.
16 team league

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Give Lynn a break. His job is not to please fantasy football owners, he is coaching men. Taylor may never start an NFL game again, and his starts came to an end at the hand off a doctor who punctured his lung. Lynn feels bad for Taylor and wants to give him all the benefit of the doubt. If there is a chance he can start again, I'm sure Lynn would be glad to give him the opportunity.
In the long term, Herbert will be leading this team, everyone knows that.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:46 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Give Lynn a break. His job is not to please fantasy football owners, he is coaching men. Taylor may never start an NFL game again, and his starts came to an end at the hand off a doctor who punctured his lung. Lynn feels bad for Taylor and wants to give him all the benefit of the doubt. If there is a chance he can start again, I'm sure Lynn would be glad to give him the opportunity.
In the long term, Herbert will be leading this team, everyone knows that.
This just in: Coaches lie.
16 team league