Evans
DJ
Landry
H Henry
Ty Hilton

Mixed, depending on personal view
D Henry
A Cooper
I don't think DJ is a buy low anymore, I think that ship has sailed. owners waited this long, I don't see why they wouldn't wait a few more weeks.
Cooper I think is crud, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with Thielen is a sell high, I bounced him out for Devonta Freeman, couldn't be more happy.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Buy Low/Sell High

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 am

In light of where this has headed, I'd buy Crowder and/or Richardson. They got an upgrade at QB (Crowder) or scheme (Richardson).

I'd sell Jimmy Graham.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:00 am

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 am
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am
Ice wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 am Regardless of me being a fan of the Cowboys and Texans, my analysis of these players didn't even take those teams into consideration outside defensive schemes.

So you M.O. is to attack posters based on which particular team they root for? >>>>> HMMMM Very Mature of you!

Good Luck!
See, when you say things like "I have 30 years of experience and study teams, their GM moves, and players at many levels. ", you're inviting backlash. Particularly when you're wrong. And extra particularly when you grab yourself a double helping of wrong.

As if you're the only one who spends part of their free time studying some football.

And who the hell has two teams??? :roll:
Wasn't attacking anyone, I actually have over 30 years of playing this game. I do study this game a lot. I actually have done cheat sheets and rankings for websites, and use to write a articles for a couple.

None of this means others do not do lots of research or have takes often better than mine on certain topics. What I do try to provide are facts to go along with why I post the things I do.

If you wish to criticize the information or me personally then that is on you and your right. Others will judge your takes. My hope is the readers of my posts may actually gain an understanding of a the few players I may discuss at length. I am certain many have not considered some of what I have provided so that may help, be ignored, or acted upon.

Someone asked because they were baffled why I mentioned Hogan. Someone said it was disingenuous why I only looked at 8 games. Due to these questions I went back further to include the last 11 games which included his breakout playoff performance. I bought Hogan personally in many leagues way before his breakout. I bought him when he left the Bills for the Patriots. (different reasons, different topic)

Crowder could in fact become a better player than Richardson. The GM moves suggest otherwise and that should be considered.

Agree or not is fine by me since I only manage my teams.

We all miss on players: Feel free to rake me over the coals after the season if you think my projections are wrong. That doesn't bother me at all after the fact.

These posts are about players I think are better buy low candidates today based on all the factors I have mentioned.

Perhaps you don't think that is a service or worth the readers time. I happen to think most would like to hear others takes as opposed to telling me to analyze the Cowboys WR situation which had zero to do with these players.
I didn't accuse you of attacking anyone. And if you think that was a personal attack on my part, you have a low (and sensitive) bar. All I did was point out the inaccuracies of your post and (correctly) assume you were a Cowboy fan and would better serve the readers giving an analysis of your own players.

If this statement "I do study this game a lot. I actually have done cheat sheets and rankings for websites, and use to write a articles for a couple. " was made back in like, 1993, it may carry some weight. Unfortunately here in 2018 it carries about as much weight as me saying I used some toilet paper this morning. Neat-o.

Anyway, Crowder is the slot receiver and will continue to get time outside in 2 WR sets. I suggest folks draft/trade for him based on what that information leads them to believe a reasonable projection is. Personally, I expect him to push for 70/1,000/5 if he stays healthy. That's just my prediction though.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 am In light of where this has headed, I'd buy Crowder and/or Richardson. They got an upgrade at QB (Crowder) or scheme (Richardson).

I'd sell Jimmy Graham.
I actually disagree and would buy Jimmy (with I did lol).

I always like having weapons in AR offense. I can see Jimmy doing like 700-800 10 TD's
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:46 am

Whatever Skinfanjon: I am bored with your commentary. I am sure the acumen demonstrated by your recent posts in this thread have really impressed the readers... So you have that going for you. :clap:

Good luck!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am

Unbelievable,
Whats unbelievable is that you dont seem to be capable of having a civil conversation. Even if i was completely 100% dead wrong ( im not) and even if i was the newbiest of the newbs on this site (im not) , if you cant even answer a followup question without devolving into personal attacks, then all your knowledge and experience is wasted. I dont have 30 years of studying GM's, but i have one skill that you obviously dont: I can admit i dont know everything, and am open to learning. People who dont have the self awareness to understand that they could be wrong are what make forums like these insufferable at times, because it kills give and take, and blocks the flow of information with ego driven bullsh*t.

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am First of all, I gave you my insight. If you think it disingenuous then you sir are devoid of reasoning. What is disingenuous is cherry picking as if that is the only the metric I used. If you want to go back to 2016 take a look at his playoffs in 2016. 17 receptions on 23 targets with 332 yards and 2 TD's over those 3 games. To put his performance in some perspective. Julio Jones who also had a massive playoff run caught 19 of his 24 targets for 334 yards and three touchdowns.
So what youre saying is "Dont cherry pick stats, but here let me cherry pick the F out of those stats." LOL Got it.

Lets do this:

Jamison Crowder Career (three seasons) 280 targets, 193 receptions 2240 yards 12 TDs
Chris Hogan Career (five seasons) 254 targets, 159 receptions, 2048 yards, 15 Tds

Hogan has never had more than 61 targets, or 41 receptions in a season, and will be 30 in October. Crowder has never had fewer than 78 targets or 59 receptions and just turned 25.

Taking the position that in a Dynasty league, preferring Crowder to Hogan is hardly some indefensible hot take. Semi-productive WRs with career numbers like Hogan's dont blow up when they are 30. Hogan is IMO at best a 2 year BYE week fill in who is on the downswing of his career. Crowder may not ever be a WR1, but he at least has some small potential for growth.

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am Edleman should only help Hogan when he returns While he is back, after a year off, Cooks is gone. Target distribution should remain high for Hogan, Edleman, and Gronk
So then why isnt 2016 relevant (when there was no Cooks, Gronk was out half the season, and Edelman played all 16 games) but Hogan still only managed 50 targets and 38 receptions? Personally i dont think you have an answer for this, and this is the point where you will get nasty with me, or storm off. But, like i said, im perfectly capable of admitting i might be wrong. So im open to you proving me wrong.

Bottom line is: To each his own. If you want to tout Hogan as the Second Coming, then go for it. You should just try to be a little less of a condescending ahole when you come down from on high and favor us with your pearls of wisdom.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Since we're talking receivers, here are some buy lows of mine:

Dante Pettis- honestly wasn't a fan at all heading into the draft. The Niners definitely were though because they traded up in the 2nd (parting with their 3rd) to get him. Good offense, solid QB, no major target hogs ahead of him. When teams spend that kind of capital, you have to listen. Reminds me of the Kamara situation last year. Buy, buy, buy.

J'Mon Moore- loved his tape. Good size, production, and he plays faster than he times. Huge opportunity with Jordy moving on and he's dirt cheap. I've scooped him on every single team.

Taywon Taylor- Something I picked up on a message board. Could be something, could be nothing, but there was someone reporting friction between Matthews and the coaching staff to the point where a trade may go down. Hard to say, but this guy's a waterbug, plays the SLOT (in real life, not ICE's imagination), and is as cheap as it gets. Worst case he's an easy cut early in the season for the waiver flavor of the week.

Tyrell Williams- 6'4, 4.48 speed, age 26 season, and has a 1,000 year under his belt. Admittedly, I'm anti-Mike Williams, but even if he doesn't do much this year, he's UFA next year. Again, very cheap and could be a great bye week fill-in or spot starter. If M Will or keenan go down, he has big time upside in that offense.
Last edited by skinfanjon on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:58 pm

[/quote]

Bottom line is: To each his own. If you want to tout Hogan as the Second Coming, then go for it. You should just try to be a little less of a condescending ahole when you come down from on high and favor us with your pearls of wisdom.
[/quote]

But he made cheatsheets on the internets, didn't you hear?

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Crowder ranked eighth among all wide receivers in separation yards last season (3.2 average yards of separation)

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 pm

mullmania wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 pm Crowder ranked eighth among all wide receivers in separation yards last season (3.2 average yards of separation)
He was also hampered by a hammy for most of last year and wasn't quite the same guy to my eyeballs. Early reports are he was clicking with Alex Smith in OTAs.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:53 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 pm
mullmania wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 pm Crowder ranked eighth among all wide receivers in separation yards last season (3.2 average yards of separation)
He was also hampered by a hammy for most of last year and wasn't quite the same guy to my eyeballs. Early reports are he was clicking with Alex Smith in OTAs.
I believe those stats were from 2016. Might want to double check

Last season his stats with the exception of targets were lower across the board including starts which dropped form 9 to 6. Hammy could be an issue or the loss of Garcon and Jackson could have played a role.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:53 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 pm
I believe those stats were from 2016. Might want to double check

Last season his stats with the exception of targets were lower across the board including starts which dropped form 9 to 6. Hammy could be an issue or the loss of Garcon and Jackson could have played a role.
They were, I posted them earlier. Also, just DOUBLE CHECKED and he still plays the slot.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:26 pm

This could be the most entertaining thread since the “Coogan is a liar and thief” thread, which was subsequently and incorrectly deleted.

Keep up the good work guys.

As for me, I put Calvin Ridley as a buy low at 1.10 to 1.12. He will be worth twice as much really soon. Also, Dallas drafted a TE from Stanford. Think that dude is a great long shot sleeper.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

@ Motherload.

"You dont think that had anything to do with Tom Bradys 150 target a season binkie Julian Edelman not playing a snap in the regular season last year? Using last year to predict this year just seems disingenuous. Why not base this years production on 2016 , when Hogan had 38 receptions for 700 yards and 4 TD with a healthy Edelman?"

I heard you on this but in all honesty it didn't really say anything other than "you Don't think or the take was disingenuous.

Don't know you at all but this is the first interaction you provided. I was in fact candid and sincere in that take. Pretty much everyone knows Hogan actually broke out in a big way in the 2016 playoffs. I also said he was a late bloomer which is a fact if you study his career.

I comment he was a great buy. Didn't claim he was the second coming.

Everyone also knew already Edelman was out for the year and most know he is now out 4 games. Everyone also knows the Pat's traded away Cooks. Brady does throw a lot and no doubt Cooks targets will get distributed which I also commented on.

You have my take on this player: Agree or disagree but you fired an attacking shot for zero reason. I responded by broadening his breakout in late 2016.

Nothing wrong with taking Crowder over Hogan if that's your preference. He is a good player and never said he wasn't. I think Hogan is the better play given the reasons I have listed.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Ok
I apologize for calling you names.

But let me ask you this in another way: what has Hogan done in his career that makes last seasons injury fueled half season breakout any different than Kamar Aikens injury fueled half season breakout in 2015? Because in my opinion when all the pieces have been healthy, Hogan is nothing more than situational deep threat that will have a couple of good games a season based on when he scores a TD. He is at least 4th in the target pecking order behind Edelman, Gronk and whichever RB has the hot hand this week. And like I said before old Wrs don't all of a sudden break out at 30.

But its all just, like, my opinion man.